Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

HANGAR 9 PULSE 125 XT

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

HANGAR 9 PULSE 125 XT

Old 11-28-2012, 10:56 PM
TPL33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HANGAR 9 PULSE 125 XT

Read some post about people having problems with this planes tail section and hoping HANGAR 9 would fix it inthefuture. Has anyone heard if they have?
Old 11-29-2012, 03:28 AM
grosbeak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HANGAR 9 PULSE 125 XT

Yes they have - the wire joining the two elevator halves is now thicker.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:13 AM
TPL33

I assume you have one? No other issues? I read some posts where peoplefelt the needto strengthen some areas of the plane, i.e., balsa triangle stock under the horizontal stab to add strength, glue the horizontal and vertical stab along with the bolting it together, and beef up the fuselage by the firewall.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:48 PM
bikerbc

I have heard the complaints about the tail on the Pulse and I have one..Hanger 9 did address the problem..It does have big tail feathers...What I did was glue them in place perminantly...If you dont they wiggle a bit...If you ever had to replace them you could still get them out...Also putting flying wires on is a huge help.. The pulse is not ment to be a high speed areobat..It is more of a relaxing sunday flyer..If you overpower it and do high speed dives and such you might run into trouble but I have not had any problems whatsoever and I am running a OS 120 on mine...I really like the plane....
Old 11-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Ernie Misner

How many are running 20cc gas on your Pulse? I know the gassers can vibrate more even at idle. Has that been a problem with the tailfeathers, firewall, or anything else? I looking at the Pulse or Revolver for a 20cc sport plane.

Thanks! Ernie Misner
Old 11-29-2012, 05:21 PM
bikerbc

I thought about putting my DLE20 on mine and if I were to do it again I would..The DLE20 is a pretty smooth and powerfull little motor, I have one on my Seagull Spacewalker and it works great....I have seen several DLE20's in Pulse's at different events and I looked them over and watched them fly also asked questions...Not a single negative comment...The only negative comment I have is I only have one...I need at least 3...Plus about 2 DLE30's .
Old 11-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Ernie Misner

>>> ...The only negative comment I have is I only have one...I need at least 3...Plus about 2 DLE30's >>>

HA, such a fun dilemma to have.... Seriously I keep telling people about the very nice XYZ 20cc from Valley View for the inductory price of $179. It's a steal. I have the DLE but also had to snatch one of these babys up. let me know if you want to know anything more about it. Also visit the VV web site.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:01 AM
bikerbc

Thanks Ernie I Went to the Valley View site and had a look at the XYZ20 I would like to try one of these out...How are you making out with yours...Is there any differance between the DLE and the XYZ ? Besides price?
Old 11-30-2012, 01:34 AM
Ernie Misner

Interesting question. They look almost identical and they weigh just the same. They are strong little runners just like the DLE. You can expect the same quality as the DLE if not better I think, consideriing the walbro carb, rcexel ignition with proper advance curve, etc. Definitely a steal at that price. Frank Bowman has rings for them now too. Tom put one on the test stand, wide open throttle, and left for an hour or so. When he came back it was still happily screaming away. I won't have mine going until next spring in a ProX260 profile plane.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:42 AM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

As stated this was addressed I believe 3 years ago. The first batch had been delivered with an incorrect spec'ed wire joiner and extreme soft balsa for the elevators. Problem has been fixed and is long gone.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Ernie Misner

Any of you guys have both the Pulse 125 and Revolver 70" with 20cc engines? which do you like best? I'm guessing but could be wrong that the Pulse is more of a floater and the Revolver is more aerobatic?

Thanks for any input - Ernie
Old 11-30-2012, 12:30 PM
gade600sdi

I would not say the Revolver is more aerobatic, they are both basic beginner to intermediate airobatic planes. The Pulse 125 is much larger than the revolver 70. I have one and yes it does float in nice, but it will do any non 3D trick in the book, and fly like a trainer if you want.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:24 PM
Ernie Misner

That Pulse sounds very sweet indeed. Reminds me a lot of the 46 size Pulse I had a few years back. The Revolver looks to be a bit more slipery and less or no dihedral in the main wing panels?
Old 12-03-2012, 06:45 PM
bikerbc

I guess it must be how you set it up..I only have the Pulse although I have flowen both planes..I would say that you were rite Ernie , the Revolver seemed quicker ,more areobatic ,touchier etc. than the Pulse but the Pulse is bigger and maybe it is how I have my Pulse set up , I like a more relaxing easy to manage plane....The Revolver seems more like my Tigers to me . Cleaner crisper quicker all good things when you are in the mood...
Old 12-04-2012, 12:41 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I love the way the Pulse flies - and the tail is NOT coming off Using a 16/6 or a 3-bladed 15-7 on a DLE20
Old 12-04-2012, 01:49 PM
bikerbc

Tailskid did you glue your tail on? if not do you have any movment with just the bolts? I found that I could tighten mine up and stop all the movment but it would eventually start moving again and then my control would get sloppy so I glued it on and that cured the problem ..It is much better now...I did not over glue it in case I ever want to remove and replace it....
Old 12-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Ernie Misner

Tailskid, do you have enough ground clearance for a 17x6 on your DLE?
Old 12-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Indiomike
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: bikerbc

Thanks Ernie I Went to the Valley View site and had a look at the XYZ20 I would like to try one of these out...How are you making out with yours...Is there any differance between the DLE and the XYZ ? Besides price?
I bought one of the XYZ20 engines from VV. Installed it in a Seagull Yak. The engine runs very well and I think will be close to the power output of a DLE20.

I did find two things I didn't like. The choke does not hold well in the closed position. It can easily vibrate open from flipping the prop. Secondly, the prop shaft threads are an uncommon 8mm x .075. They should have made it 8mm x 1.00 or 1.25 which are fairly common size. Try finding a 8mm x .075 nut or spinner adaptor nut if you should need one.

To be fair, I spoke with Tom Denny from VV and he said he will ask the manufacturer to resize the prop shafts in the future to the more common 8mm x 1.00. He also said he has a supply of nuts in the .075 thread if a replacement is needed.

One other nice thing about the XYZ20 engine is that it has a standard RCEXL ignition rather than the goofy #4 ignition that comes with a DLE20. I like that. My engine idles very nicely at about 1700 rpm and when you throttle down from high rpm, it goes straight to the idle rpm without the delay that occurs with a #4 ignition.

I've only got about 1 hour of run time on the XYZ but other than mention above, it runs pretty good.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Ernie Misner

He's supplying the spinner adaptor with the engines now.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:52 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

"Tailskid did you glue your tail on? if not do you have any movment with just the bolts?"

I installed the bolts and used epoxy to glue it on, then cut off the bolts flush with the bottom of the fuse.

"Tailskid, do you have enough ground clearance for a 17x6 on your DLE? " Sorry Ernie, there is no way would a 17" prop clear, and in fact the tips of my 16" is 'worn' a bit as the plane likes to take a slight nose down attitude when taking off.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:08 AM
bikerbc

One thing I found was the Pulse had a tendancy to nose over when taxing so I moved the landing gear ahead a bit...I used the back bolt holes in the gear and put them in the front bolt holes in the fuse then drilled new bolt holes for the gear in the fuse and put in backing and blind nuts . tha moved the gear forward just enough to stop that tippy tendancy I was having trouble with...I did that so early on that I sort of forgot about it..I heard of other guys turning their gear around or replacing it but I like the gear and turning it moves it way forward and you only need to move it just a bit....
Old 12-05-2012, 02:40 AM
bikerbc

Ernie with regards to your question about witch plane is more aerobatic ,The Pulse has a constant cord wing where the Revolver has a double tapered wing...The double tapered wing is much more aerobatic and will be faster , So the Revolver will be the more Aerobatic of the two..I dont own a Revolver although I have flowen one a few times..They are very nice flying planes but for my type of flying which is more layed back I like the Pulse...
Old 12-05-2012, 06:42 AM
grosbeak

I have a DLE 20 in mine and it's a solid engine. I made a lot of changes to mine (dual elevator servos, pull-pull rudder) but I didn't feel the need to strengthen any other parts of the plane. I did glue the tail feathers on though.

My only problem with the Pulse is landing it. I'm a competent flyer but it always seems to come in hot and bounce a lot.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:43 AM
bikerbc

Try moving your CG back a tiny bit Grosbeak , It sounds like you are a wee bit nose heavy . Mine floats and almost never bounces..
Old 12-05-2012, 07:58 AM
bikerbc

Indiomike You mentioned that DLE20,s come with a #4 ignition that has a delay when you throttle down . Mine has always done that and it is a pain in the butt.. You need to set up early to land . Can you just change this to the Rcexl ignition ? Where do you get it?Do you have to worry about timing and that sort of thing or can you just bolt the new unit on? Thanks for any help...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.