Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Goldberg Matrix

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Goldberg Matrix

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 12:08 AM
nitro fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Matrix

i forgot to ask do i have to seal both sides of the hing gapes or just one
Old 08-28-2005, 01:54 AM
jbogdano
My Feedback: (13)

Just one side is enough, the idea is not to let any air pass through the hinge gap. Incidentally I haven't sealed my hinge gaps and haven't experienced any flutter. But I fly this plane very slowly.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:23 AM
rightflyer

For those of you who used pull-pull on the elvator, did you use the stock pull-pull gear wire, etc?
Old 08-28-2005, 08:28 AM
nitro fanatic

i'm trying but its kinda confusing
Old 08-28-2005, 09:40 AM
AHPowelson
My Feedback: (37)

I set up the Pull-Pull with just the wire. After about 20 or so flights I found the wire fraying in a few places. I ended up replacing the cheap included wire with some nice coated wire from a Dubro setup and haven't had any problems since. The wire Pull-Pull is really not that difficult to setup; it just takes a little patience. It's definitely worth it, IMO. The key is to get equal tension on both wires. They should be about as tight as a bass guitar string.

I never got around to sealing the hinge gaps. I haven't had any flutter issues since reinforcing the aileron servo mounts. Mine was also missing the tailwheel assembly. I didn't even bother contacting CGM. I picked up a nice Sullivan setup from my LHS. [8D]

Old 08-28-2005, 01:38 PM
nitro fanatic

ORIGINAL: AHPowelson

I picked up a nice Sullivan setup from my LHS. [8D]

i'm still hopeing my LHS is still standing after this storm
Old 08-28-2005, 08:05 PM
igotfish2

man...i hope you guys pull thru ok down in cajun counrty...prayers from idaho[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 08-28-2005, 08:51 PM
AHPowelson
My Feedback: (37)

Been there, done that! I lost my house and just about everything I owned last year in Hurricane Charley.[] We got lucky with Katrina. We've had lots of rain and heavy winds since Thursday. Good luck and stay safe!

Old 08-28-2005, 09:57 PM
nitro fanatic

well its coming now doubt my dad went to go park his truck in a parking garage and they were reserved for the polices personal vehicles only which really pissed me off and they sad they could arrest us i mean what makes them so special we pay there salaries well other than that I'm on the second floor with 2 5000w generators and 55 gallons of fresh water with a pump and plenty of ammo if these people are dumb enough to be out stealing and please do pray for us and i probably wont get to work on the matrix for at least a month which is pissing me off the most
Old 09-05-2005, 10:13 AM
lilcap232
My Feedback: (14)

Hey Nitro, After seeing all the news stories I surely hope you guys are okay. I really don't expect you to reply right away but once you get power and internet back let us know.

Okay I'm gonna try this again.
I have a YS 53 FZ Do you guys think it will pull out of a hover and if so with what prop?
If it wont I will have a YS 53 FZ up for trade/ Saito 72 per the video.
I will probably go with the 3010 servos from the review as well.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:42 AM
igotfish2

lilcap....i plan on trying a magnum 52xls on mine. its a powerful engine if one can get em running right. ive used this engine before on a magic 300 xl...the red plane...and it had more than enuf power to pull vertical out of a hover. props ive used are a 12x4 and a 12.25x3.75....and the only difference i noticed between props was noise. i think your ys 53 would work quite well...
Old 09-05-2005, 09:06 PM
nitro fanatic

well i left Louisiana 3 days ago and I'm in Georgia and as far as the hurricane it was bad we were running people of the apt. complex at gun point because they were kicking doors in and since my dad had the generator it was like a magnet everybody was coming to us for everything and all i got to grab was my revo couldn't get no planes because there was no room and I'm hoping to get back to work on it as soon as possible
Old 09-06-2005, 09:48 PM
lilcap232
My Feedback: (14)

Glad to hear you and yours are okay!! we have refugees pouring into the surrounding Metro area. On my way to work this AM I met about 30 NYPD rescue trucks headed south on I 85 lights and sirens blazing.........

Okay guys I have discovered the ultimate tip on how to glue the horizontal stab in place with EPOXY!!!!! have everything ready and aligned before mixing, once satisfied with the fit and alignment mix about an ounce of 30 minute and use drinking straws to suck the glue up and then blow it into the fuse around all sides of the stab through the hatch for the elevator bell crank system. twisting and turning fuse as it runs down and towards the rear. If done thoroughly you should see it just barely seeping out of joint between stab and fuse. this method allows for almost 100% coverage inside the fuse and also adds to the strength of the stab itself.

JIMMY
Old 09-10-2005, 06:59 PM
dale691

I have found this plane to be not the most stable in the air, i feel like i really have to work hard in order to do nice pattern stuff. I think it will be awesome for 3D but i'm not to that stage yet. anybody else finding this. The other thing is it doesn't fly like my old plane maybe i just have to get more comfortable with it

Dale
Old 09-10-2005, 11:51 PM
igotfish2

my guess is how its set up Dale. my pattern planes are slightly nose heavy...my 3d planes tail heavy. either way...it takes me 5-10 flights on a new plane to 'bond' with it. i will set up my matrix tail heavy and use lower rates for pattern flying..then see what it does for 3d. i kinda think that a dual purpose plane quite doesnt cut it...but we'll see down the road when i get it together and do some flying...
Old 09-14-2005, 09:53 PM
dale691

My Matrix replaced an ESM Rush. flying characteristics are like chalk and cheese, I'm not really into too much 3D stuff but the rush would hover and fly pattern really nice, i really gave that plane a hard time until all the covering started to fall off and started to get fuel soaked. the matrix is a very different plane
Old 09-15-2005, 04:37 PM
rightflyer

Different it what way?
Old 09-19-2005, 06:45 AM
dale691

the rush was much more stable and a bit more goes where you point it. not sure if there may be a CofG issue in there somewhere
Old 09-21-2005, 10:42 AM
BlackB12
My Feedback: (9)

After about 2 gallons worth of flying on the Matrix, I really like it. At first I hated it. I was coming from a very stable low wing plane and the matrix just seemed sketchy and wanting to snap out too easily when on the elevator. Now I love the plane. Just takes time to adjust. This plane is my first 3D capable plane so I can't compare it with other 3D designs.

Mike
Old 10-25-2005, 09:02 PM
kennyandannie
My Feedback: (2)

I'm finally putting my second one together. I should maiden it this weekend, weather permitting.

Ken