Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Excelleron 90 problem

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Excelleron 90 problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 09:58 PM
412t1
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Excelleron 90 problem

I have an Excelleron 90 that has an odd problem. The upper elevator pull-pull cable exits are at different heights. The left side is at 4 5/8" up from the bottom of the fuse as per the manual and the right side is at 3 3/4" from the bottom of the fuse. At 3 3/4", the pull-pull cable would rub against the top of the stab. I have emailed Hobby People but haven't got any response from them. Has anyone else had this problem? It looks like I'll have to open up the side to fix the problem and was wondering if anyone else had to do this and could give me some advice.

Thanks!

Shawn
Old 05-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Ernie Misner

Default RE: Excelleron 90 problem

Hey Shawn, looks like you were on your own on that one! What have you figured out by now???

Ernie
Old 05-24-2006, 08:21 PM
412t1

Hi Ernie:

Unfortunately, I think you're right. I'll open it up soon and let you know what I find.

Shawn
Old 05-24-2006, 10:37 PM
412t1

Ernie,

It actually was pretty easy. I peeled back the gold trim on the bottom and the orange and yellow trim at the top to make my horizontal cuts so I could hide those cuts under the trim colors. I then peeled back the white covering. When I opened up the side, the pull-pull cable tube wasn't really supported by formers so all I had to do was cut a new hole in the fuse side piece where I wanted the cable to exit and gooped the tube in place. Once that dries, I'll ca the balsa back down in place, blend the seam and fill the old hole so no one will ever know I cut it open and reapply the covering I peeled back. Hopefully the vertical cut in the white won't be too noticeable.

Shawn
Old 05-25-2006, 01:11 AM
Ernie Misner

Good job. It makes you wonder how many of them were shipped that way and what less experienced modelers will get themselves into!

Ernie