Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Just Venting!!!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Just Venting!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 02:11 PM
blueline
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Venting!!!

I'm just blowing off some steam, for the past week or so I've been trying to call Kangke Models only to find out their toll free line is no longer in service. During this time I have sent atleast 4 to 5 emails to them with no response whatsoever! I got back on their website today and called their regular phone line and finally connected to a human. I have been trying to find out if indeed they have a plane in stock or are out of it. Under the general ARF tab they show the plane that I'm interested in as being out of stock, however, if the "details" tab is selected its shown that its indeed in stock, what gives!

It took me, and I'm not kidding 10 *#mm minutes with speaking to the owner to find out if the plane was in stock or not. You know how you get a bad feeling about something or that inner voice speaks to you. Well mine is yelling at me, I have to believe that if it were in stock now, I wouldn't do business with nor recommend Kangke. Communicating with them verbaly at its best is painfully slow and difficult, nor do they respond to their emails at all. So if their were to be a problem with an order or product I wouldn't have any confidence in that it would be resolved.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:16 PM
Bob Laine
My Feedback: (91)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Just Venting!!!

I'm sorry to hear you've had difficulty in reaching "Kangke," (pronounced Con-key". I have several Kit's I've purchased from them and even was able to reach them at the Toledo, trade show by phone this year. I would urge you to give them another chance, because no one Makes a better Kit than Kangke. I have the Laser 200, Waco UAF7, and the 97" Gee Bee Y. Bob
Old 08-31-2006, 03:22 PM
drone pilot

Well guess what......I bought a Kangke Rearwin Speedster two years ago and had no trouble geting the plane. When I assembled it I found windshield unusable, as it was 3/8 wider than the fuse. The windhield was preformed and not able to modify. I tried to get in touch with service and never did. I just made my own windshield and let it go. I won't soon be trying to deal with Kangke, there are plenty of people out there that would be happy to take my money, I don't have to hassle to spend it.....Cliff
Old 08-31-2006, 05:07 PM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

the 97" Gee Bee Y.
I believe that would be the Pacific Aeromodel 97" Gee Bee Y.

Kangke was recently sold and the new owner has no experience in the US market. That is usually not a good sign.

Jim
Old 08-31-2006, 06:00 PM
splais
My Feedback: (25)

I just posted on another thread in the gas engine forum about recent problems with Kangke after several years of superior service. Your post explains a lot.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:32 PM
blueline

Well you see Bob, thats just it, I was in the process of giving them another chance. I had tried to buy another of products about six months ago and was told they would get back to me,I'm still waiting!

I know I'm going to open up a can of worms but here goes nothing, the thing that really set me off I suppose was his lack of speaking English. I could not understand him if my life depended on it, I even had my wife listen in on the conversation to no avail. My biggest pet-peev is English not being a primary language in this country. I know this is not politically correct, hey theres another P.PV of mine, I'm sick and tired of having to tip toe around for fear of offending a thin skinned whiner! Geeze, if you don't like it here in the good ol USA, don't let the door hit you in the #*S as I kick you in your back side!

Boy that felt good!
Old 08-31-2006, 07:03 PM
blikseme300
My Feedback: (118)

ORIGINAL: blueline

Well you see Bob, thats just it, I was in the process of giving them another chance. I had tried to buy another of products about six months ago and was told they would get back to me,I'm still waiting!

I know I'm going to open up a can of worms but here goes nothing, the thing that really set me off I suppose was his lack of speaking English. I could not understand him if my life depended on it, I even had my wife listen in on the conversation to no avail. My biggest pet-peev is English not being a primary language in this country. I know this is not politically correct, hey theres another P.PV of mine, I'm sick and tired of having to tip toe around for fear of offending a thin skinned whiner! Geeze, if you don't like it here in the good ol USA, don't let the door hit you in the #*S as I kick you in your back side!

Boy that felt good!
Well said.

The "political correctness" ppp's me off! This country was not founded and created by weakling pinko liberals. This country was founded and is protected by a few good men who where prepared to do violence to protect basic liberties. The whole "press #1 for english" makes me want to puke. English is NOT my home language, but as an immigrant I adapted and am assimilating. My advise, take your money elsewhere.[>:]

'nuff said.

Support our troops, wherever they are.

Safe Flying!
Old 08-31-2006, 07:33 PM
Bob Laine

This is the USA. DA MM politically correct. I would feel the same way as you do if I were in your position. You have every right to expect someone to return your phone calls and emails. My comments were only addressed to my personal dealings with Kangke. I wasn't aware that the company had been sold, however I did know that they had moved their headquarters to Canada. My comments still are the way I feel about the three plane kit's (ARF'S) that I bought from them. I appreciate your feeling toward the company. Those things need to be said when a company is not taking care of business. The problem we are starting to have thoough...........is some of the moderators on this site are starting to shut down the ad's when someone gives some constructive criticism about a manufacturer. That's sad. Bob
Old 08-31-2006, 08:01 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

You know, I have never heard much bad about the Kangke products but so what. Part of my purchases are based on customer service. If they don't have it, sell yourself on something else. There is always something else.

With regards to understanding those you talk to. This is why I switched to Qwest DSL. I put up with Netscape and the others long enough with their overseas call centers. You get somebody on the from the mideast (no offense) in extreme dialect named Patsy????
YOU should have been with me when I tried to cancel. it was in same. There is no way that company could boast #1 in customer service.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:29 PM
blueline

I have to say I expected to be hung at the local towns square when I rechecked my emails, what a relief it is to see that I'm not alone!!!! Thanks to each and everyone of you, you know who you are.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:42 PM
Rebellion
My Feedback: (2)

Ok guys, you've made some pretty borderline comments. If there is a problem with Kangke that can be backed up with facts you can discuss it, but this forum is not the place for speculation, rumors, or politics.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:54 AM
Bob Laine

Blueline......See what I mean by overanxious "moderators"? Seems to me like you stated your facts very clearly.It would help if the moderator were to point out the "Border Line Comments". Chill out and get a life. The next thing you'll see is, this thread will be shut down. Bob
Old 09-01-2006, 04:29 PM
blueline

I was thinking the same thing with respect to facts not being clear, I fully expected that thread would have been shut down when I logged on today. Bob, do you have any experience or knowledge about Avaition Model products? Specifically I'm interested in the Edge/Yak Profile, I have no experience with profiles and am wondering if I'd be getting in over my head. A.M's has a good reputation, which you know in our previous conversation means alot to me, HA, HA, HA. Don't want to say anymore elst I'll get reprimanded.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Bob Laine

Blueline.....While I have never owned an Aviation Models Aircraft, I can personally attest to their quality and reliability. My brother owns ever size "YAK" they sell from the 40% down to the 87" 30%. He will not buy anything else and he has never had any kind of problem except that some of the monokote trim pulled up and had to be ironed back down. As for the profile plane, I have no knowledge. But, it's always been my experience that if a company puts out several quality products, they would not risk their reputation over an inferior model. Especially an Profile. Good luck if you decide to get one. Bob
Old 09-01-2006, 11:40 PM
blueline

Thanks Bob, just the type of info I was looking for. Hey if you haven't heard whats blowin in the wind. Stay away from a company called K*^!@##, I've heard they have had communication issues. Notice the sarcasim in the statement?
Old 09-02-2006, 12:02 AM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I picked up a Kangke 1/4 scale monocoupe, I need to get a set of wing struts for it, sent them off two or three emails about 9 months ago, never could get a reply, gave up..Guess I will just build some..
Old 09-02-2006, 12:14 AM
blueline

And so the story just keeps on going. Anybody know what going on with the Bad Boy at Copperhead Aviation, I've noticed they haven't been in stock for some time. Wondering if its just a lag in production or they're not being produced any longer.