Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Waldopepperaxel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation

Excellent fathers day stories boys, My wife bought me a bottle of Ol grand Dad, 100 proof she knows[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] lol so as a joke I cracked the seal, 7am mind you, coffee was still brewing into the pot, then proceded and chugged about a 16th of the quart, Haven't done that in a few years,[sm=bananahead.gif] walked downstairs still half sleeping,, stumbled into my plane rack and now Waldo has 3 planes to build What a great fathers day gift.... LOL just kidding about the stumbling and wrecking planes part, however by the end of the day at the Father in laws I was sober again, so it was kind of a backwards day but fun none the less...
Old 06-16-2008, 10:12 PM
kerwin50

What Waldo your father in law didn't share any of his ole #7 JD that is.
Well I got to fly today, only 2 flights but boy they were fun. I've never had a plane that if I pulled back on the elev to raise the nose and then let off the elev she would still stay in a nose high condition. but the T_ _ _T does. go figure.
I did several touch an goes like that with her nose high and I never had to hold on to the elev to do it.
My cg is still there around 5 or so and I still cannot get a flat flat spin out of her. she still drops her nose in the flat spin.
1 of these days I need to repair my dymond tigermoth. She is a natural at flatspinning but always takes 2 to 3 rotations to stop. Next month she will have been down a year and damage is really not that bad. I just have too many projects.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:45 PM
GPutt33
My Feedback: (2)

Hi Fellow T___Ter's - Sorry I haven't had time to chime in lately but a LOT going on and just don't seem to have the time this year to get much done other then work, trying to find a house to buy, etc etc etc...

My wife does belong to an international sorority that does some major fund raising for St Judes Children's Hospital (she's been a member for 25 years now). Anyhow, the state Spring board meeting a couple of years ago was down in the SE corner of the state (WY), and so I just happened to stick the T___T in, and with the help of my GPS and little RC field coordinate database I found a club just down the road in Mitchell NB called the Platte Valley Flyers. Had a good time with them. Well this year the Spring board meeting was again held down in the same town (their state donations go to a childrens home called St Josephs in this town). So this year I took the T___T60. Some of the same guys are there, having a good time flying but for some reason once again I'm just not getting the poop out of the OS91 on the nose (just another story about the engine - later). Then about the 4th flight I think I hear and see something, and then all of a sudden it's flying different. Brought it around and discovered my aluminum spinner had left the plane [] so the CG was just a little different. The guys were ready to wrap it up for the day anyhow so's I head back to the motel.

Well this weekend I go out on Father's Day with the wife to fly till I can't stand up anymore Wife even packed a picnic, took pictures with me actually in them. Took the T___T3D this day as well as the Stik. The wind was pretty steady around 10 to 12 right up the middle of the runway and I'm just loving it Well, along comes flight number 4 again, I take off and go to bank and it's just slow. I take it up a little further, try to do a roll and it's SSLLLLLOOOOWWWWWW, I mean paint dries faster. I hit the high rates and it helps a little but it's still not the same as what I'd even get out of low rates. Well's I decide it's not the wind doing anything wierd so I bring it in to land and actually had a nice almost hovering landing right into the wind. Taxi's fine back to the bench, pop it up on the table and run through the controls and what do you know, no left aileron at all. Took the wing off, tried plugging the bad servo into the other aileron connection and still nada.[>:] Well, I've always got the Stick, so I get it out, fuel it up, go to pre-flight it by switching the 2.4 spectrum over to this plane and huh, I can't find it. Reached down under the fuselage and felt around and guess what, here's a radio antenna wire still running along the bottom........... Oh yea dummy, it was the other Stik you switched over to 2.4, you still need your old tried and true Jr on channel 33 for this plane and that radio just happens to be back in the shop at the house.

Well, at least the picnic lunch was great, I sat there and took a ribbing from the other guys and watched the rest of them fill the Father's Day Sky with my own personal air show Yea, it was fun.

PS - Nope, haven't figured out the trouble with the servo yet but it was dead. Just happened to have a pair of bigger faster servo's on the bench waiting for a home so next time I go out I'll try to tear the wings off
Old 06-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Waldopepperaxel

Kerwin I noticed sometimes with the T_ _ _ T she won't go into a flat spin because of too much throw, with 5 as the CG I woiuld think you should have no problem, I used to throw the controls to the extreme and she would flat spin in a heart beat, but I think making all my control surfaces pretty much 90 degree throws is a little counter productive, Anyway I climb straight up and then start my spin with ailerons and slowly add the elevator and then counter rudder and she spins just fine but If I start with elevator and aileron or rudder then add the oposite of either she just does this crazy looking death flipping flopping sort of spin. its weird sometimes but it works just fine, I still can't climb in the flat spin either. motor is probably just too heavy, or there is too much glue in my plane. Actually I did replace most of the broken parts with new wood so there isn't really and excess of glue wood in there, hell it almost looks brand new. I don't know,, I'm ramblin now...

Gputt great to hear from you, Were looking for a new house also so I know what your going through, glad you got out there though, Sounds like a bad servo to me Sometimes I take them apart and re solder the connections to see If I can get it to work again, but for $8.00 - $15.00 I just strip them down for plastic parts and buy a new one these days, its just not worth losing a plane to me.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Downtrodden

For all of you folks looking for a house...........there's plenty for sale in this neck of the woods! You can buy a late victorian with five bedrooms, formal dining room, library, living room, pantry, fireplaces, et al for less than 150 grand. If you want to fix one up you can get 'em for under 80 grand. My recommendation is to buy somewhere where the sun actually shines, though. Hey, it might reach 50 degrees today! Sweet!

Old 06-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Waldopepperaxel

Thats Excellent Downt,,, Hell 35 - 40 degrees usually kicks off our season if the snow is gone from the field and we can get up there. so cool,,,,,,,,,, you might be in flying season if it holds like that a few days.

Everything we are looking at that compares to what we already have up in this neck of the woods is in excess of $300,000.00 [] Not that Our house is worth that much but you can't find anything in decent shape for less then that, people have lost their freaking minds I tell you, I looked at a 2 bedroom Shack on the lake the other day half the siding missing on less then a half acre and what not, and thought heres a unique fixer upper and asked what do you want for that,, $375,000.00 he exclaimed,, after i got done laughing my butt off and looked back at him and saw he wasn't joking I laughed even harder and walked away. ther sad part is he'll get that price on the lake for sure. were going to have to list our house for more then what I think its worth by thousands just so we don't lose in the deal. thats just ridiculous.

So with that and the amount we spend in gas a month ($600 - $800) depeneding on what else we do besides go to work. they're weeding us out of NY.

Hell maybe I'm a millionaire and just don't know it yet. I'm sure trying to live like one. its getting harder and harder though. LOL
Old 06-17-2008, 01:43 PM
plowboy1966

Kerwin mine will flat spin till the cows come home! Where is your CG? Waldo mentioned how he gets into one on the upline but you can get there on the downline as well. Just get really high chop throttle point straight down input left aileron until it makes a few revolutions then quickly give full right rudder full up elevator slam it over to full right aileron and full throttle. I guess its just like a blender. You may have to fly the rudder a little to keep it from flying out of the spin. I like to pull the throttle down really low and give it bursts to slow the descent. To get out you just go WOT and give full left rudder and full left aileron at the same time whenever its pointing in the direction you want to go. Unlike Waldo, I think you need maximum throw on the elevator and rudder to do this. It won't go into it just on high rates for me. I have to be on 3D rates or else it just keeps coming down. Low rates kill T@#$TS !!!

DownT dude, just move.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:46 PM
plowboy1966

Waldo BUY BUY BUY!!!!! Its all relative.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:24 PM
kerwin50

Thanks guys, I'll have to try that. I've only had 2 planes that were really good flat spinners and they didn't care what attitude they were in. Too me it's not a flat spin if the nose is down. I like them to look like a rotary blade on a heli.
Well I got 1 flight in this morning and wouldn't you know it after countless harrier landings and 12 mins of flying she fell on her nose at about 2 to 3 ft off the ground. Broke the motor mount.
I'll tell you if I had not cut the top webing of the mount and narrowed the beams up some to where she was some what weaker then I woul;d of ripped the firwall out of her.
but good news my brother is going to pick up another mount in KC today after work, so I'm hoping I won't be T_ _ _TLESS for long.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:07 PM
Waldopepperaxel

Bummer Kerwin but yes thats a quick fix once you have the parts, you'll be up again soon.

Plowboy my high rates are my 3D rates and my low rates are probably high I couldn't agree with you more though, usually it is just a slam everything in the farthest direction but for some reason that doesn't work for me anymore, I can go into a flat spin from an up or down line or even on the horizontal, but I have to ease into them one surface at a time,,, very weird. I love jammin the sticks for instant stunts and I do usually for most anything but the flat spin has been baffling me lately, and that was the first 3D move I could do as its the easiest.
Who knows LOL as long as she does it I'm not complaining on how it gets there, maybe it got used to 3 wings or something. LOL

I think we are going to buy buy buy thats what scares me. [X(]
Old 06-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Downtrodden

Oh, I'll be moving.......you can count on that!!!!!! I've got seven years to go on the outside.......then I'm moving south!

Waldo.......getting close to finding your dream home?

Old 06-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Waldopepperaxel

I think we found it a month ago but I think we decided on it tonight,, we really have to be dreaming....
Old 06-17-2008, 10:52 PM
kerwin50

7 years on the outside sorry I don't get it.
Waldo hearing how your deciding on a house you looked at a month ago bring some regret for me. You see 4 years ago we put our house up for sale and borrowed 30k to buy this place and put utilities and septic on it. The 30 k loan was a 6 mo loan with a ballon payment. well after 3 months with no offers this couple made us an offer for 10k under the list price plus they wanted us to pay thier downpayment and points and closing. This was all through FHA. well their realtor talked my wife into it. We came out about 25 k less. I really wish we would have just weighted.
I got my motor mount tonight and as soon as I get all my puppies to bed I'm going to work on her.
O BTW Waldo is Middletown a very nice place I just sold a dobie to a couple there, They say they have 5 acresand another 1 in Levittown and he's supose to have 2 acres
Old 06-17-2008, 11:39 PM
binky99

Hey guys....I'm still alive....just haven't had time to fly.[&o] New work schedule (midnights) is rough on me, much easier when I was 10 years younger. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT BIG ROUND ORANGE THING IN THE SKY?[8D][8D]

Maybe this week, I will get the T***t in the air.

Happy flying all.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:48 AM
Waldopepperaxel

Kerwin That sounds like it was a nightmare alright, I don't get what you meant by 7 years on the outside? [sm=confused.gif]

Well we don't know whats going to happen yet but the place we looked at a month ago will be our final resting place IF we do get it, we were offered a deal and we haven't even put our house on the market yet, which they said was perfect, as they need to build their new house yet>

This was a model home they are still using as a show home, its 4 years old and now that the developement is almost done they are building a new show home, in another part of the developement, anyway this house is top of the line and immaculate inside and out with the finest of everything as it was made to impress people wanting to move into this developement, well we wanted to have them build us something as we were very impressed, when I asked if they were selling what we were standing in, I guess it was just one of those in the right place at the right time things, so last night we decided we are going to accept there offer and the best part about it is the longer it takes us to sell our house the better for them. but we are all hoping for a November move in date to avoid moving in the snow so we'll have to see what happens but I'm not banking on anything until our truck is pulling in the new driveway if and when at all that happens at this place.

BINKY, Great to hear from you again, And you will! you will!! get that T_ _ _ T in the sky, That big Orange ball in the sky is what Downt is using all his powers for to hold it over his area and melt that snow away. I can hear him from here,, Ohmmmmmmm OHmmmmmmmmm Rise rise Heat heat Ohmmmmmm [sm=72_72.gif]
Old 06-18-2008, 08:57 AM
kerwin50

Blink great to hear from you.
Waldo I was refering to DT's statement 7 years to go on the outside.
I hope all goes well with your house. Is Middletown a nice place or is it on the wrong side of the tracks.
Well I almost got my motor mounted so I need to get back to it
Good Day
Old 06-18-2008, 09:09 AM
Dad_Roman

"on the outside" as in relation to how many years left to go. Rephrased... "on the outside, I have 7 years left" (to retirement?) Rephrased "worst case, I have 7 years left"

Heya Blinkmiester!
Old 06-18-2008, 11:26 AM
twistedskies

Well hello to all........I have been one busy guy. I am planted now so the produce is on the way! I sell produce on Sundays in the local farmers market. I have only flown probably 5 times this year so far which is really getting me mad. I did finnally get to maiden the T-T 150 WOW just trying to find the right prop to slow it down now! I got my new motorcycle too but didnt get it on trade for my Cap 232 I just couldnt do it. I did take it up one time so far and it was Tail heavy big time so I am trying to get everything right before I have another stroke on the controls. I just watched the Twipe maiden videos and looks like it flies like my cap did only with 1500 dollars invested I was alot more nervous even handed contols to a fellow flyer to bring it in I was too messed up to think straight! Oh well nice to see all of you are getting to fly.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:47 PM
plowboy1966

Waldo, congrats on making a decision. You could make a contingent offer, meaning that the offer is contingent on your house selling. That way you won't be out any earnst money if you can't sell yours in time. Anyway, good luck!!!

Twisted what engine are you running in that big 'ol CAP?

Kerwin, my neighbors have a couple of little annoying yappers. Could I borrow a Dobie for a few weeks?

DownT we're all sending our best vibes your way so you can get out and join the T@#$T party!!
Old 06-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Downtrodden

Dad Roman........thanks for clarifying that! Dyslexic sentence structuring......my bad.

Plowboy1966........thanks for the positive thinking, its working..........the skies are starting to clear! Heck, I think I 'm going to charge some batteries tonight!

twistedskies.......you're back! The greater the financial investment = greater emotional investment= the greater the adrenaline rush!

Old 06-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Dad_Roman

DownT...[sm=bananahead.gif]...lol

T- - - Ted.....
even handed contols to a fellow flyer to bring it in
...been there, done that
Old 06-18-2008, 06:39 PM
kerwin50

Well I never quite got my T_ _ _T fixed yet but I'm close.
plowboy you need to have plenty of barbecue sauce on hand as the dob's like their yappers with lots of barbecue sauce.
well I got in trouble for the 1st time today on rc universe, ole bax with hobby services was not happy with me as I answered a question for a guy who was having a problem with his OS using a bission muffler. and he deleted my post. He never told the guy how to fix his problem except to put the stock muffler back on and I told him what I did to fix my problem. And believe it or not it was my post that I started to begin with back when I was having problems with my OS.
I am convinced the more post I read of Bax's well I'd better not say anyting more or I'll be in more trouble[X(]
Old 06-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Downtrodden

kerwin50.........that's how I got the name Downtrodden...........I was stepped on, over and over by a moderator that didn't have a sense of humor! I used to have a different, more positive handle......but once again someone with a little power let it go to their head and decided to squash the little guy (metaphorically speaking that is.......remember I like my BBQ)!
Old 06-18-2008, 08:41 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, you want to know why moderators lose their sense of humor?

This thread's last posts, (I've only gone back 20 or so) are a couple of guys discussing their drinking, what engines they're going to use in whatever plane they're working on now, how old their house is, what work it needs, how much houses cost in wherever they live...................

And about how unfairly they've been treated by mods.

Please be so kind as to get back to the Hangar 9 Twist. RCU offers an excellent personal message system for BSing. It's basically rude to blow threads so completely and with such little regard for others.

You know, forums really don't do as good a job as email's can do. And aren't supposed to.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Waldopepperaxel

Wow,,,,,,,, I'm guilty as charged,[&o] my most humbled apologies if I have abused this thread or spoke of something that shouldn't be for small ears.

our utmost concern on this thread is the T _ _ _ T, we do tend to get carried away with our discussions but thats what makes this the best thread on the entire site with the most knowledgeable people and best advice for problems I have come across on RCU.

And needless to say the best people on the face of the earth all live here.

Alot of the stuff is said in fun and probably can be taken wrong for someone just joining in. and its the extras that are talked about I believe that has attracted many people to the T _ _ _ T from hanger 9 and this forum as it shows we are all everyday people but might know a thing or two about other things which I believe adds some trust to who you may be listening to. maybe I'm right and maybe I'm wrong, all I know is many people decided to try this plane because of the talk on here about it.

and I have tried other posts on RCU about other problems and have had great success, and most of the time I am answered by someone here, So I again am guilty of asking questions here first about other RC products before roaming into the unknown.

We are all more then willing to help anyone with advice on the T _ _ _ T 40 , 60, 150, whenever they need it. as we are all addicted to this plane and love to hook someone else on it as well.

da Rock have you tried one just out of curriosity? not that it has anything to do with anything, or is it my intentions in that question to put you on the spot, but if you haven't you should, as this plane is a blast to fly. and besides you posted here so you are now one of us welcome to the T_ _ _ Taholics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.