Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

*New Hanger 9 Pulse XT 60*

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

*New Hanger 9 Pulse XT 60*

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 12:08 PM
flylower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *New Hanger 9 Pulse XT 60*

ORIGINAL: jamesc43

As soon as I locate the wing bolts I will let you know. I was looking in the instruction book last night hoping to figure out which bag held the wing bolts.

As it is, the wheel pants are yours.
Any luck yet? Are the pants still mine?

[8D]
Old 04-08-2010, 08:21 AM
jamesc43
My Feedback: (2)

I haven't had any luck finding the wing bolts but the wheel pants are still available.

My Pulse met it's untimely end the weekend before last. This is the second Pulse for me. Should I get a third? Upon seeing the crash
scene and from the pilots and spectators reports, we think it had a horizontal flight surface failure from too much speed provided
by the OS 91 FX. The right half of the horizontal surface about 50 ft away from the crash scene. Luckily, it hit a recently excavated
section of dirt the engine din't take to big of a hit but the front section of the muffler broke off. Overall, it wasn't a prett site.

James
Old 04-08-2010, 10:04 AM
flylower

I haven't had any luck finding the wing bolts but the wheel pants are still available.

My Pulse met it's untimely end the weekend before last. This is the second Pulse for me. Should I get a third? Upon seeing the crash
scene and from the pilots and spectators reports, we think it had a horizontal flight surface failure from too much speed provided
by the OS 91 FX. The right half of the horizontal surface about 50 ft away from the crash scene. Luckily, it hit a recently excavated
section of dirt the engine din't take to big of a hit but the front section of the muffler broke off. Overall, it wasn't a prett site.

James
Very sorry to hear about your Pulse XT 60. I lost one last year in a slow loop, probably to slow. It snapped over into a 'death' spiral
at the top of the loop, which I was unable to recover from. I'm currently flying my second one, and would probably replace it if I
should loose it. It's such a nice looking plane, and nice flying. I don't know much about the OS 91 FX (I fly electric), but suppose it could be just
to much engine. I haven't flown yet this year, but the weather is finally getting nice enough to, and I'll probably be in the air next week.
I've really missed it.

I'm going to the Toledo Air Show in Toledo Ohio today, and will be back Saturday evening. PM (Private Mail) me with price and your
address and I'll send it when I get back.

Thanks.....[8D]
Old 04-09-2010, 12:09 AM
jamesc43

flylower,

Are you interested in 2 sets of wheel pants? I think I might have a second set of wheel pants.

ORIGINAL: flylower

James
Very sorry to hear about your Pulse XT 60. I lost one last year in a slow loop, probably to slow. It snapped over into a 'death' spiral
at the top of the loop, which I was unable to recover from. I'm currently flying my second one, and would probably replace it if I
should loose it. It's such a nice looking plane, and nice flying. I don't know much about the OS 91 FX (I fly electric), but suppose it could be just
to much engine. I haven't flown yet this year, but the weather is finally getting nice enough to, and I'll probably be in the air next week.
I've really missed it.

I'm going to the Toledo Air Show in Toledo Ohio today, and will be back Saturday evening. PM (Private Mail) me with price and your
address and I'll send it when I get back.

Thanks.....[8D]
Old 04-11-2010, 10:09 AM
flylower

Hi jamesc43,

Got back from Toledo show late last night. My first time there, and it was huge and crowded! Spent lots more than I intended to (lots & lots).

Yes, I am interested in both sets of Pulse XT 60 wheel pants. I found my wing bolts at Toledo, so won't need those, unless you found them, in which case will take those too.

I will PM you.

Thanks.....[8D]
Old 04-14-2010, 04:45 PM
gazzazh

HI all,

Just finished building my pulse 60, i used a saito 100 GN engine, and digital servos all around... I was wondering did u guys glue the wing together or did u leave then un-gluled as the instructions say ?
Old 04-14-2010, 05:07 PM
delman

I did not glue my wings together - no problems so far. It really would depend how big your vehicle is for carrying the wing in one piece.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:47 PM
flylower

ORIGINAL: gazzazh

HI all,

Just finished building my pulse 60, i used a saito 100 GN engine, and digital servos all around... I was wondering did u guys glue the wing together or did u leave then un-gluled as the instructions say ?
I have dozens of flights on my Pulse XT 60 and my wings are not glued together. I'd say it isn't necessary.

[8D]
Old 04-15-2010, 03:03 AM
gazzazh

OK, Thanks guys ... will not glue the wings then
Old 04-17-2010, 07:11 AM
gazzazh

guys, 
After doing some ground testing, i found that the magnetic hatch would not stay in place and would get loose... any recommendations ..
Also i am using a Saito 100 Golden night, and the spinner would not fit, even after some modifications i found that it would create a lot of vibrations.. Any recommended spinners other than aluminum. I like the ideal of a yellow spinner but don't know what is the best option for my saito engine, i am using an evo 14x8 prop. 

Thanks 

Old 04-17-2010, 07:31 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Tower sells some spinners that have a plastic cone and a aluminum back plate. They seem to work well
Old 04-17-2010, 07:36 AM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The way I keep the hatch on is by first putting a screw part way in on the front bottom of the servo trey through the wing saddle. Then I loop a #64 rubber band through the framework at the rear of the hatch and drop it down behind the fuel tank looping it over the screw. This has held well for a year and a half.

Bruce
Old 04-17-2010, 08:10 AM
gazzazh

Do you know which model spinner would fit ?
Thanks for the Hatch tip.. i will try that one ... 
Old 04-17-2010, 08:59 AM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an aluminum spinner on mine. You could paint your spinner. The TruTurn site has directions for painting an aluminum spinner under the Q&As section. To get the size just measure the diameter of the base of the spinner.

Bruce
Old 04-17-2010, 11:40 AM
w8ye

The proper size for the spinner is 2 1/4" yellow. . . . http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HAN4144

Here is the Great planes plastic spinner with an aluminum back plate that seems to work well with four stroke engines
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBMY7&P=7

These are also available in Red, black, and white
Old 04-17-2010, 11:49 AM
gazzazh

Is this the same size of the spinner that came with the pulse kit? If it is then it will not fit the saito 100 and the prop will not fit also 

Old 04-17-2010, 12:05 PM
w8ye

If all else fails - read the caption in this link?

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HAN4144
Old 04-19-2010, 12:44 AM
jamesc43

I had the same problem with the hatch coming off. I solved my problem by folding a small red shop rag up and stuffing it behind the fuel
tank. The fuel tank slides back and hits the former on the hatch. This pushes the hatch bak and then up. This pops it off the magnets then
it causes it to fly off.

My first Pulse had a Tru turn aluminum spinner and the second one had a Great planes aluminum spinner. I think Great Planes also makes
the plastic spinners with the alimunum backplate in yellow.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:48 AM
gazzazh

thanks jamesc43 ... 
Old 04-19-2010, 10:07 AM
flylower

This spinner might be worth a look-see....

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1236&search=Go

Also shown on page 24 of Tower Hobbies Tower Talk issue #3.

[8D]
Old 04-19-2010, 10:22 AM
w8ye

Here's the yellow plastic spinner with the aluminum back plate

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBMY7&P=7

Old 04-22-2010, 08:45 AM
gazzazh

Hi Guys, 
I made a stupid mistake with my pulse xt 60 wing .. the 2 wooden part that goes into the wings to secure it into the fuselage. 
The length of the wooden part is 2 Inch.. i should have placed 1-1/2 inch inside the wing and left 1/2 an inch outside.. What i did is i made it 1 inch inside and i had to cut the 1 inch outside into a 1/2 an inch. will that effect the stability of the wings ?  or will it make it weaker in the air ? 
Old 04-22-2010, 04:26 PM
bassfish

Don't chance it...epoxy the wing together. Better safe than sorry.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:38 PM
flylower

ORIGINAL: gazzazh

Hi Guys,
I made a stupid mistake with my pulse xt 60 wing .. the 2 wooden part that goes into the wings to secure it into the fuselage.
The length of the wooden part is 2 Inch.. i should have placed 1-1/2 inch inside the wing and left 1/2 an inch outside.. What i did is i made it 1 inch inside and i had to cut the 1 inch outside into a 1/2 an inch. will that effect the stability of the wings ? or will it make it weaker in the air ?
It won't hurt it. You have more than half of the dia of the dowl in the wing. That is plenty.

Also, I have over 2 years of flights on my Pulse XT 60 without the wings being glued with no problems, and I fly it hard. Unless there is a problem with your wings that you don't know of, the dowls are fine and the wings don't need to be glued together.

[8D]
Old 04-23-2010, 02:54 AM
gazzazh

ok.. thx guys ... will make my test flight when the weather is good ... 

Wish me luck 

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.