RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   Hangar 9 Tango Arf (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/6527527-hangar-9-tango-arf.html)

The Toolman 10-11-2009 07:11 PM

RE: Hangar 9 Tango Arf

I've been busy most of the summer an only got to fly a coupla times myself. Mostly I was flying my funstar by phoenix that I've had around for a few years. Thought about getting the tango back down an cleaning it up an go flying this week sometime if it isn't raining. The more I look at it, the more I think about ordering another one for a spare since they are back down to $119.00 now. It's a heckuva plane and buy for that price.

My tango still has the TT 46pro on it an flys great with it. I just figured some more guys would have bought one an restarted the thread by now. I suppose they have moved on to the next new plane coming down the pike. Maybe they have wrecked or lost interest in the tango by now...oh well I tried

Glad ya are still enjoying yours though.

NorfolkSouthern 10-11-2009 07:34 PM

There was a Tango thread in the 3D forum, but it hasn't shown much activity lately. I will most likely add skis, and fly during the winter. I have had two club members test the Tango, and one acknowledged that it is extremely aerobatic. One of the instructors at the club said that it flies very well. Both are highly experienced in the hobby. Personally, I find nothing wrong with this plane. It just takes a little time to adjust to the ground handling and more sensitive controls.

I think some of the misgivings of the Tango are that it can be easily confused for a trainer, which it is not. It will fly faster, turn tighter, and snap more viciously and recover more quickly than most other sport planes I've seen. As I have said before, a Tango can make a Super Decathlon feel like a Goldberg Eagle 2. It has taught me some valuable skills and enhanced my motor coordination at the sticks quite handily. Oh yes, it did!

NorfolkSouthern

The Toolman 10-11-2009 08:40 PM

I just went back an read the orig. thread that got locked on the tango. HEHE...pretty funny the way the probro guy was raggin' on the tango. I guess we've learned alot since back then about this little jewel.

I do know not to put a big 65 on it using the stock MM. It broke on the first bumpy landing.
I do know it not near as hard to take off as everybody thinks or claims
I do know to reglue all of the hinges on the plane
I do know they are down to $119 now...(bargain)
I do know this should be at least a third plane for most people
I do know a 46TT will fly it just fine anyday
I do know you can do things with this plane that you can't with any other ones

Anybody care to add to the list of this sweet little plane's compliments

Sourkraut 10-11-2009 09:02 PM

Well, I have one full season on my Tango now and I love it. I am somewhat overpowered :Dusing an Irvine Q72 2st with a 13x6 prop.... can you say "unlimited vertical":eek:!!!!!
I tried a 14x4 wide prop, but when throttling up in the air, it just had to much bite and made the litlle plane twist violently sideways!
It can do way more stuff than my flying skills will allow.
A real hit by Hanger 9 and a blast to fly.

Cheers
Curt

The Toolman 10-11-2009 10:03 PM

Ain't it great though...I have about 8-9 planes to fly including one profile and I'd lot rather fly my tango as any of the others. I just haven't had the time this summer though because of work. My next favorite after the tango is my sig wonder with a new magnum .15 XLS

NorfolkSouthern 10-11-2009 10:23 PM

The people at my club HATE my Tango. I get it up there, and they ALWAYS think I'm gonna crash, then I recover before it has any chance of going in. I guess they must feel a little cheated. I'll honestly say that I sometimes find it a little hard to put "the flip flop plane" (as some of the guys call it) down!

NorfolkSouthern

The Toolman 10-12-2009 09:46 AM

Its hard just to fly the tango the right way, Its so much easier to do silly stuff with it that looks like ya know what your doin'.....:D

skyline223 10-15-2009 10:15 PM

Just ordered my Tango today. So excited to fly this thing. It sounds like a blast!

flyman1948 10-16-2009 09:10 PM

I've flown my Tango for two seasons now....I find it a blast to fly. In the air it flies fine, it lands fine, the take-offs are squirrely, no two take-offs are the same..it will turn sharply to the right, to the left, or the occasional perfect lift-off. Has a AX 46, APC 12 x 4. Flat-spins are awsome

The Toolman 10-16-2009 09:17 PM

I only need about 20-25 ft or less to get mine in the air. I point it into the wind, wide open throttle an hold full up elevator. She rolls just a few ft an then goes straight up like a rocket.
On a breezy day I can land it into the wind almost like a heli. If all I had to fly was the tango, I wouldn't need over about 25 ft of runway with any sort of breeze at all...:D

The Toolman 10-16-2009 09:19 PM

You'll luv it more than yer dog...;)

dasintex 10-16-2009 11:25 PM

Yup; Gotta love my Tango; love my Dog as well; Irvine 52 swinging a 12X4 Prop; changed out the Gear for those Fiberglass ones from Dubro, now the thing is darn near industructable; great plane for Fun Flys, busting ballons, spot landings, etc; been flying mine for 2 seasons; before the Tango I flew the heck out of a Twist, must say the Tango is a lot more fun.

The Toolman 10-16-2009 11:36 PM

Yep, I put the fiberglass gear on mine when it was new. Never did use the gear that came with it. Coupla months after I had mine the wind caught it an took it thru a tree an busted the wing up pretty bad. I ordered one from horizon an they kept dickin' me around for almost 3 months. I called hollerin' about it an they said sorry an would send one out that day finally. Well about 2 weeks later I got 2 new wings for the price of one....:D
Theres a guy right down the road from me that has a brand new tango still in the box he's not gonna use an wants $100 for it. Might offer 75 for it an just buy it for a spare ;)

The Toolman 10-17-2009 11:43 AM

I've got a new spare tango wing. If I can get another plane cheap, I might think about seeing what it would take to make a bipe out of it... I bet that would be a strange one...hehe
I just need somebody smarter than me to figure out where an what angles an soforth to make it work.