Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 NO!!!! on NitroModels >

NO!!!! on NitroModels

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

NO!!!! on NitroModels

Old 05-21-2008, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NO!!!! on NitroModels

I have seen several post wanting to know what about NitroModels. Let me tell you from experience!!! Stay away. I purchased a S-2A Pitts with the brushless Motor and Lipo Upgrade. On the first landing the plane hit a rut and nosed over breaking the plastic motor mount. Well that was almost a month ago. I have been on their chat line several times trying to get another mount. They took my credit card, process it and then never got the mount. At the same time I ordered a cowl because they are very thin plastic. I got the cowl but the motor mount was not included in the package. Contacted NitroModels and they informed me that it was in the same package. For 3 bucks I am not going to argue. I told them to charge my credit card they have on file and send me a new one. Nothing!!! contacted them again and they said I don't see an order for it but I will get it out ASAP. Waited, contacted them via chat line again. This time the person said they didn't have it in the first place, however, I was told that it was shipped with the cowl. So they sent me one for the non-brushless motor. Contacted them again and boy what a run-a-round. They said someone would contact in one or two days. No contact. When online again and this time they said it was being put on high priority. Someone would contact me 24 hrs. There customer service stinks. I would really consider looking at another company if I were you. I will post the chat sessions later. Getting ready to go fly. No!! not a NitroModel.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:36 PM

Default RE: NO!!!! on NitroModels

PM'ing John here has ALWAYS worked best for me.

He may no longer check in though given the nature of a few posters (not you).

Old 05-26-2008, 05:26 PM

Update: Norman called me and ssid that they were sending the part out ASAP no charge. If that is so I will post that here. Only fair, if they take care of it, then I will post that.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:27 PM

Ive had both positve and negative experiences with Nitroplanes and I must say that I wouldnt recommend them to buy a plane. Their instructions for their planes are almost useless and if you need a part they are extremly hard to get a hold of. But so far when I did need a part, I wasnt charged for the part due to the fact that the parts broke as a result of faulty manufacturing. All in all Im happy with my Skymaster and Long EZ that Ive gotten from nitroplanes but when I purchased their P47 I was very disapointed with the quality of the kit. My point is that its pretty much 50 50 if you purchase from nitroplanes.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:49 AM
My Feedback: (1)

FIND ANOTHER COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS WITH! NitroModels aka NitroPlanes.com is the most difficult company to try and get help from about products you purchase from them.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:46 AM

They are a "box and go" company.

If you can't deal with this, it is in your best interest to go elsewhere.

However if you have some ARF experience under your belt and are relatively self sufficient, you can obtain incredibly priced ARFs from them.

So don't expect to call them for "help", as they provide help only on misshipments or missing parts, but that is it.

Many purchasers fail to understand this.

Beginners should look elsewhere or if they do purchase a plane, look to obtain help from an experienced club member and not try to go it alone.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:19 PM

this is the last chat session with Nitromodels. Still have not solve the problem. I actually had some faith in Norman. Guess I was wrong.

Mary: Hi, my name is Mary, how can I assist you?

Gene : Hi Mary

Mary: Hello

Gene : Can you tell me if Norman has shipped my motor mount for my Pitts S-2a

Gene : we will gene once it is shipped we will send you a tracking number ths Norman

Gene : ths gene for the picture i will send you that parts asap. free. Norman

Mary: HMay I have your order ID or the email ID which you had used while ordering?

Mary: When did you place an order?

Gene : OrderID: USD 319449 65A03_S-2A_PittsARF_woRadio send me a picture of the motor mount for the 65A03_S-2A_PittsARF_woRadio that you needed. Sincerely, Norman Manager

Gene I was told by Norman that the part would be sent ASAP==Guess I am not sure what ASAP means

Mary: Ok

Mary: Just a minute

Gene : Most of this conversation took plance as late as 5/22/08

Mary: Please give me few moments while I analyze the issue.

Gene: Just don't put it on high priority again

Gene : Lets get is solved today

Mary: Label/Receipt Number: 4204 9252 9101 8052 1390 7567 3249 59

Mary: Status: Delivered

Mary: Your item was delivered at 2:49 PM on May 19, 2008 in LITCHFIELD, MI 49252.

Mary: shipped motor mount and cowl for 65A03_S-2A_PittsARF_woRadio on 4/30

Gene : That was the wrong item. God how many times do we have go through this. The conversation with Norman took place after the 19th when he wanted the picture of the proper part

Mary: Yes that one only this issue

Gene : When he called here he wanted a picture of the correct mount which was sent twice

Mary: To have more information on this please call us over the Phone 626-968-9860

Mary: and our office hours are Monday through Friday, 12:00PM - 6:00PM Pacific Time. They will assist you regarding this.

Gene : The first time the picture was sent was 5/22/08

Gene : Mary, I am hearing impaired and my wife is out of town.

Gene : This is getting past stupid now. I keep getting the same information from your company. Can't somebody take charge and send the right part.

Gene : Mary, tell them to send my money back. We can then part company

Mary: We have updated your issue. We shall have someone get back to you ASAP through email.

Gene : Whoopie!!! I think I have heard that story before also

Mary: Today we will call you on this issue

Mary: after 1pm

Mary: today

Gene : Don't use that word ASAP it is to open ended

Gene : Mary you don't listen I am hearing impaired. I can't use the phone. \

Gene : That's why I am on the computer

Mary: Now i can't do anything

Mary: untill norman comes

Gene : Anybody in your company can

Gene : When does norman get in and can he use the computer

Mary: Now we can't

Mary: Yes you can

Mary: after 12PM

Gene : I have 1:11 here, what time is it where you are.

Mary: Here time is now 10:10AM(PST)

Gene so he gets in 1 hr and 50min

Mary: Yes you are right

Gene : good I will sit by the computer and wait for him.

Gene : You will see him personally

Mary: Sure you can

Mary: We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Gene : don't apoligize just get the problem fixed.

Mary: Sure we will solve

Gene : Do you really believe that

Mary: Yes we do

Gene : God Bless you for you faith

Gene : Not so sure here

Mary: Thank you

Mary: Thank you for visiting us. have a nice day
Old 06-02-2008, 12:38 PM

It has been mentioned that you should try sending a Private Message to RCU member Nitrostaff1. Here is a link to his profile:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...1&memid=292143

Supposedly he resolves missing/damaged parts issues fairly well.

If you have not contacted him, please give it a try. Why keep torturing yourself through the chat line since it clearly is not working?
Old 06-02-2008, 03:56 PM

this Noman who is suppose to be the manager is a do-nothing-person. The owner needs to find another manager who is interested in customer service.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:20 PM

In all fairness I should give credit to Jason and Steven. I finally got my part. Sad thing is that Jason is a person on the chat line and Steven is in Tech support.. Couldn't get the manager to do anything.