Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Engine porting

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 05:13 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Engine porting

ORIGINAL: JB COMP

well, theres two things about what I said. one was that my files (normaly harden steel dual cutting files) can cut chrome but they can not cut timing because of their size, if the ports where about 2-3 times bigger then what they are then they would work, but diamond files are best/easiest way for modding timing.

I see what you mean now.... just seemed we were talking in circles LOL

Old 01-24-2008, 05:21 PM
JB COMP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: supertib

ORIGINAL: JB COMP

well, theres two things about what I said. one was that my files (normaly harden steel dual cutting files) can cut chrome but they can not cut timing because of their size, if the ports where about 2-3 times bigger then what they are then they would work, but diamond files are best/easiest way for modding timing.

I see what you mean now.... just seemed we were talking in circles LOL

I try to head strait, or at a stand still, the only time I like to go in circles is around a track, or reading somthing I really want to learn (like modding timing)
Old 01-25-2008, 04:26 PM
dayglo

well i have 2 questions. i have an os rg 21. first if i put fangs on the sleeve so the motor gets better fuel, air mix does this mean that i will have to lean the motor more? second if i fill the shaft with expoxy and reshape it would this give me better fuel economy? also, why wouldn't u polish the sleeve when do modding it?
Old 01-25-2008, 04:42 PM
JB COMP

I can only answer your question about the sleeve (I don't know about filling the crank) no you don't lean the engine after modding, I think you even richen it a little, but some how get better mileage? I've never leaned my engines after modding.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:11 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Basically, "filling" the crank helps increase flow velocity, packs the case, and helps get rid of the dead flow area of the crank that's immediately under the carb...

I have used JB weld, but was always wondering if it would hold. So far it has, but recently I started using flowable silicone...the runny stuff that's used to seep under windshield trim and seal the water leaks around a cars windshield/rear window.
Old 06-23-2023, 06:20 PM
five81mods

Default messaage me

Originally Posted by supertib
for doing transfers I use hand files... I have several sets of diamond needle files, 150 and 300 grit... I find I can be extremely accurate with my files.. Though it takes me a very long time to figure out what makes a motor tick, and the little knowledge I have is limited to very few specific engines..... I actualy enjoy engine moding and I do alot of my work with hand files, it takes me a very long time, but I dont do it as anything more then a hobby, and I really enjoy using crude tools to create nice engines.... As well out of respect for people who mod engines for a business I try not to divulge too much of the information I have learnt, though I beleive in sharing, I also must respect other peoples businesses...... My only goals are to have the sickest, fastest motors wherever me and my freinds run, anything else to me is a bonus...
hello this is five81mods would love to chat with you a we share an are doing samething...text or call me @ 775-250-8225 hope tp talk sooN
Old 06-25-2023, 04:48 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

He’s been out of the business for some time now. Several years at least.