Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Manifold and Seal problem

Old 01-08-2007, 06:05 PM
bounty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manifold and Seal problem

Hi, there I have been having a problem with my manifold and seals, when it first happened my silicone seal had a tear around the rim, therefore I changed it but eventhough I changed it to a new seal I purchased from CEN the manifold still slides loosely on the manifold seal.

Could this mean my manifold has been widen somehow, if so how can I get it back to near normal or is there some sort of work around I can try before going to the next step of purchasing a new one.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:29 PM
gkcontra

Default RE: Manifold and Seal problem

to make it fit better, use 2, then you will have no leaks.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:42 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Mine leaked too, So I got a new gasket, then put it in and use a bunch of Hi-temp gasket maker. etween the old gasket and the hi-temp, I have had no issues since.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:33 AM
notch

Try a fresh gasket and a wrap around spring... are you using the two spring set-up to hold the manifold on?
Old 01-09-2007, 06:11 AM
bounty

ORIGINAL: notch

Try a fresh gasket and a wrap around spring... are you using the two spring set-up to hold the manifold on?
Thanks guys I will first try the using two seals if un-successful I will try the high temp gasket maker.

I am currently using a wrap arong spring, ditched the two spring set ages ago...
Old 01-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Todd450

I am having a problem with this my self. I have the CT5 and two springs. I have tryed high temp rtv twice, and replaced the seal ring just recently. No luck
Old 01-14-2007, 10:28 AM
poopsie

I don't know which vehicle you are talking about, but my GST had the same problem (Torn gasket). I actually decided to try something differant. I went and got a Savage X Gasket. There's are a lot thicker and take a helluva more abuse. Its works great! You get two of them for like $3 so you will have an extra one. Getting it on was kind of a biatch, but now I don't throw fuel out the back and the gasket is way more thicker and tough then the GST ones.

P.S. A trick I used to get it on was a LITTLE, and I stress a LITTLE WD40. Put some WD40 on the inside of the gasket, not the outside. Slide the gasket half way onto the engine, then slide the pipe manifold over the gasket and it will finish sliding in. Put on the spring and you have a nice tight seal-
Old 01-15-2007, 06:13 AM
bounty

do you guys know what other brand manifold seal would work on my NX-15, I have tried OS .15 seal and it was too thin, did not work.

Any suggestions ??
Old 01-15-2007, 11:10 AM
SBGasser
Banned

try one the HPI or Hot Bodies silicons. they dont seem TOO BAD, but i ve had those go bad too. the traxxas ones seem to be pretty strong, and ive heard good things on the ofna silicone.
SBG
Old 01-15-2007, 09:48 PM
bounty

ORIGINAL: SBGasser

try one the HPI or Hot Bodies silicons. they dont seem TOO BAD, but i ve had those go bad too. the traxxas ones seem to be pretty strong, and ive heard good things on the ofna silicone.
SBG
Thanks for the info, I think I will have to take a look at the Traxxas, do you know the part number, not seeing it on Tower