Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Priming problems Genesis

Old 01-20-2007, 01:18 PM
Genesistytsis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Priming problems Genesis

Hi again, I'm having problems priming my Genesis.
I cant get any fuel up the fuel line no matter what I try, I've tried my finger over the exhaust while turning over engine but nothing happens.
i've triend doing the same at the exhaust outlet on the rear of the engine, I could feel the vacuum here but still no fuel coming up the line.
I noticed the Header gasket was a little damaged so I put a new one in and refit the exhaust again, but still unable to prime at all and last of all I tried opening the carb while turning over but still not getting any fuel to come up the lines.

Should I try installing a inline Fuel pump/filter? or is there something thats causing this to happen.

Thanks
-Jed
Old 01-20-2007, 02:25 PM
HeadRush ROB.21
Banned

Default RE: Priming problems Genesis

1.make sure your tank isnt cracked
2.make sure you have no air leak
3.change ALL of your fuel line
4.make sure all the fuel lines are pluged in proper place and,pluged in
5.if after all that and its still not priming let me no
Old 01-20-2007, 02:49 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have you tried to blow into the fuel tank via the tube @ the exhaust, to see if it will pass air??
Old 01-20-2007, 02:55 PM
Genesistytsis

Yeah I've tried both the exhaust tube and fuel tube and doesnt seem to be any blockages, maybe I could try blowing more down the exhaust pipe to presurize the tank by mouth power lol... although this sounds a bit odd just to get the engine started, so if that works i'll get one of those in-line fuel/prime pumps.

Also i've seen people say about having the plug unscrewed 1/2 turn when using the roto start to make it easier.
The head wont leak when I do this will it?, once I get fuel running to the carb im sure the engine will start fine but just wondered what was up with the fuel not priming up.

Thanks
-J

Old 01-20-2007, 03:05 PM
The Real Dogman

Really there is only two reasons why fuel wont move to carb on these setups

1) there is some kinda of blockage..you have already determined that there was not.
2) the fuel system is not holding pressure to push fuel to the carb, A)check to see if tank holds pressure by disconnecting the tube to the carb and cap the outlet then blow into tank via exhaust tube. if it seems to move air thru then the tank is faulty. B)The check the fuel line and any filters inline for air passing thru using the same technique

Hope this helps-have fun

back to breaking in a new engine!!
Old 01-20-2007, 11:04 PM
jombo

i had the same problem in the beginning, you need to remove the air filter and check your gap for the idle if its too small then no fuel will be getting in. also i found that you may need to, while priming, hold the throttle wide open untill you see fuel go into the carb then install the glow heater, it should start after that. also the lsn if too lean will cause hard starts.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:56 PM
HeadRush ROB.21
Banned

you dont need to stick your mouth on anything on the truck cause thats not how it was made for it to start........and 2 you defetnetly dont need an "IN LINE FUEL PUMP" cause it woulda came with one if it needed it.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:06 AM
The Real Dogman

Any suggestions on how to solve his problem, ROB??

Old 01-21-2007, 12:23 AM
HeadRush ROB.21
Banned

yea i told him in my first reply to this topic.
most likely hes just not seeing something....cause this problem is common and its normally somthing "stupid" lol like a fuel line disconnected but it needs to get checked starting from the tank ending at the needle settings(carb)
Old 01-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Genesistytsis

I've already done all of the above, I managed to blow some fuel up the line to the carb and let a few drops in... but no Rob.. I dont think its a stupid problem, as fuel is leaking out around the flywheel.

Must be a loose bearing in the shaft from the engine or damaged seal.

I wouldnt miss something like a disconnected fuel line and the only way I was to see the problem was to actually get some fuel up into the engine, I'll take the engine out and see whats wrong with it.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:09 AM
HeadRush ROB.21
Banned

o well now that you say theres fuel around the flywheel thats easier lol yea take a look at the bearing but most of all take a look at the carb i mean the whole thing because it you just have a slightly damaged bearing the fuel will still go through the lines...
Old 01-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Genesistytsis

Yeah, thats what I think - if the theres that much of an air leak that the fuel wont prime it must be the bearing or carb.
I have motorbikes that I work on my self so Rc engines are just small simple engines in comparison (I wouldnt go about modifying one myself though)

The crank bearing is pretty easy to replace isnt it? never had to replace one before on any of my RC's, I cant see any fuel leaking from the actualy carb so it must be coming up the shaft as I turn the engine over

My LHS stocks CEN stuff so should be able to grab one from there at the weekend.

Anyone think I should dump the rotostart? this is the first RC i've had with it and I think it sucks... as when you run outta battery you cant start the truck any more unless you have more 7.2's.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:56 PM
HeadRush ROB.21
Banned

yea i work on race go-ped engines and these thing are simple in compairsim like u said.....but yea try getting a new bearing and make sure EVERYthing on the engine is tight headrushhobbies.com has bearings if you cant get one