Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

AMA says, "Wait to register"

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

AMA says, "Wait to register"

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 07:34 PM
jeffrey solomon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interested in AMA insurance alternatives. If you could provide some info as I did there are about 15 alternative model insurance companies.

We may have to go off the grid, before this is all over.

Could be another Waco.

Come out with your planes' gear up!
Old 01-30-2016, 07:59 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by porcia83
Happy 2016!
Happy 2016!
Old 01-30-2016, 08:02 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

[QUOTE=PLANE JIM;12169933]
O/K....details?[/Q

Yes-by invitation only
Sounds like a great business model, except it's for the wrong clientele.
Old 01-30-2016, 10:25 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffrey solomon
No you said"LoL...keep plugging away sonny....you are amusing, like I'm funny and amusing?

You mean, let me understand this … cuz I … maybe its me, maybe I’m a little messed up maybe. I’m funny how? I mean funny, like I’m a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I’m here to freakin’ amuse you? Whattya you mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny?

No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the freak am I funny, what the freak is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!
Jeffrey, please don't hold your breath expecting an apology or even any indication of humility, your just one of many, I mean MANY.
Its his thing.
Old 01-30-2016, 10:48 PM
jeffrey solomon

I had an interesting discussion with an AMA representative this afternoon.

He said that the cost of a legal battle with the FAA could cost the AMA between 6 and 10 million dollars. He said the AMA doesn't have the money.

I guess that was suppose to scare me, and make me wait for the AMA to tell me when to do the next letter writing.

Let's see if his numbers make sense, this is what I wrote him:

Did some thinking about your figure of $10 million dollars figure for a lawsuit

That is just the legal fees? Not lunches and parking right? photocopying? $ etc?

Let's say we have one lawyer gets $1000/ hr, so how many hours would the case take him if he charged us $10 mill. to the AMA

Easy, it would take him 10,000 hours,

Well, he can't handle 10,000 hours of legal work so he splits it up with 9 buddies who also charge $1000/hr so each of them

is doing 1000 hours of legal work 10 lawyers x $1000 /hr/lawyer x 1000 hours = $10,000,000

Do you want to double his hourly fee to $2000 or $5000/hr the number of hours is still ridiculous. Even at $5000 /hr , and 10 lawyers

Your saying, the case requires 10 lawyers who charge $5000/hr and work for 25 days for 8 hours each day.

Come on.

Did UAS America spend $10 million on their case?

Your $10 million dollar figure is not credible and I do not accept the explanation that the AMA does not consider the legal action possible, because of the cost.

Your cost figure does not make any sense.

So what is the true reason?

Old 01-30-2016, 11:02 PM
jeffrey solomon

Hey Guy just having some fun with Porciapedia,

Those lines are from Goodfellows, remember Joe Pesci in the bar (you may fold under questioning Henry)

Porciapedia said I was amusing, so I picked up on it, and went with it, don't want or need an apology from anyone

but thanks for your concern,

Had a phone conversation with a high AMA rep this afternoon.

I did just post on this thread, an analysis of the proposed $10 million cost for a lawsuit by the AMA v FAA

The numbers based on lawyers fees from $1000/hr/lawyer to $5000/hr/lawyer are totally ridiculous,

Yet an high AMA rep was trying to sell me on the futility of the lawsuit based on the excessive cost.

Yeah, he was a high AMA rep alright, must have been really high, well above 400 feet ,

Should have told him to put down the crack pipe
Old 01-30-2016, 11:11 PM
TheEdge
Banned

Hey Guy just having some fun with Porciapedia,

Those lines are from Goodfellows, remember Joe Pesci in the bar (you may fold under questioning Henry)

Porciapedia said I was amusing, so I picked up on it, and went with it, don't want or need an apology from anyone

but thanks for your concern,

Had a phone conversation with a high AMA rep this afternoon.

I did just post on this thread, an analysis of the proposed $10 million cost for a lawsuit by the AMA v FAA

The numbers based on lawyers fees from $1000/hr/lawyer to $5000/hr/lawyer are totally ridiculous,

Yet an high AMA rep was trying to sell me on the futility of the lawsuit based on the excessive cost.

Yeah, he was a high AMA rep alright, must have been really high, well above 400 feet ,

Should have told him to put down the crack pipe
Your a good sort Jeffrey, I bet you make a difference in life.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:18 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheEdge
Your a good sort Jeffrey, I bet you make a difference in life.
+1
Old 01-31-2016, 05:26 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

I had an interesting discussion with an AMA representative this afternoon.

He said that the cost of a legal battle with the FAA could cost the AMA between 6 and 10 million dollars. He said the AMA doesn't have the money.

I guess that was suppose to scare me, and make me wait for the AMA to tell me when to do the next letter writing.

Let's see if his numbers make sense, this is what I wrote him:

Did some thinking about your figure of $10 million dollars figure for a lawsuit

That is just the legal fees? Not lunches and parking right? photocopying? $ etc?

Let's say we have one lawyer gets $1000/ hr, so how many hours would the case take him if he charged us $10 mill. to the AMA

Easy, it would take him 10,000 hours,

Well, he can't handle 10,000 hours of legal work so he splits it up with 9 buddies who also charge $1000/hr so each of them

is doing 1000 hours of legal work 10 lawyers x $1000 /hr/lawyer x 1000 hours = $10,000,000

Do you want to double his hourly fee to $2000 or $5000/hr the number of hours is still ridiculous. Even at $5000 /hr , and 10 lawyers

Your saying, the case requires 10 lawyers who charge $5000/hr and work for 25 days for 8 hours each day.

Come on.

Did UAS America spend $10 million on their case?

Your $10 million dollar figure is not credible and I do not accept the explanation that the AMA does not consider the legal action possible, because of the cost.

Your cost figure does not make any sense.

So what is the true reason?

Did you explain to the AMA rep you spoke to that you could fix the whole thing with an email and/or a phone call thereby saving them millions of dollars?
Old 01-31-2016, 06:06 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Your reputation of prior years proceeds you, I do hope 2016 might be different, but the odds are slim, very VERY slim....
Likewise my friend, your compulsions and addictions seem hard to break. Who knows, maybe you'll move on to someone else...I'm just one in a long line.

Anyway....try to have fun this year, get out, do some flying. It's super fun!
Old 01-31-2016, 06:09 AM
TheEdge
Banned

Likewise my friend, your compulsions and addictions seem hard to break. Who knows, maybe you'll move on to someone else...I'm just one in a long line.

Anyway....try to have fun this year, get out, do some flying. It's super fun!
A simple search on Google brings an abundance of your history, none of which any man would be proud of.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:17 AM
porcia83
Banned

A simple search on Google brings an abundance of your history, none of which any man would be proud of.
Ironically, you are in the same boat. So what? You continue to go to great lengths to take any comment in any thread and turn it into a continuation of your personal grudge. Lessons not learned I guess. Sigh

Last edited by porcia83; 01-31-2016 at 06:19 AM.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:23 AM
jeffrey solomon

My Mafia connections are not what they used to be, ever

since RICO, and you know, the "friends of mine" never like to use the phone or email when doing favors for a good fella.

And then we would owe them a service, considering, some of the postings I have seen here, I am not too sure I

could count on some of these

posters to make good on their obligation to my Don.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:25 AM
TheEdge
Banned

Ironically, you are in the same boat. So what?
Oh i'm sure you've done the best you can of data mining, it's part of your MO. Thankfully I have nothing like the reputation or fame that you hold onto. Never before has one single member been able to continually bait and berate fellow hobbyists as you have.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:28 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

No you said"LoL...keep plugging away sonny....you are amusing, like I'm funny and amusing?

You mean, let me understand this … cuz I … maybe its me, maybe I’m a little messed up maybe. I’m funny how? I mean funny, like I’m a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I’m here to freakin’ amuse you? Whattya you mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny?

No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the freak am I funny, what the freak is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!
Your Funny Just posting so he knpw's he can get Under your skin. Stop being FUNNY and Ignore those that might get your hackles up. Besides if U don't FEED them Just like pests they will go elsewhere to bother some one else.
Besides some think I'm Funny cause I use different Fonts and color to make the ones, they cant follow a simple train of thought, get the real meaning.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:30 AM
porcia83
Banned

Now that was a great scene in a great movie!

As for the analysis...well, ask your new writing buddy Bob. He might even take you under his wing, he can be your mentor. He seems to have taken a liking to you, and that's no small feat!

As for the alternative insurance solution, I'd be interested to see it. The fact that someone is discussing it in a cloak and dagger way, shrouded in mystery should be the first huge red flag that something is not quite right. Sort of like the investment banker's "sure thing" or the bookies "I got a line on a winner" scenario.

As it stands now, there doesn't appear to be a valid or viable alternative to "insurance". If you have homeowners policy, in most scenarios you are covered for your negligence/liability to others, both in terms of property and injury. You can supplement that coverage with an umbrella policy, so I'm not sure what would require an alternative to that.

If this super secret alternative "insurance" is actually an alternative to the AMA, well again that would be interesting to see. Personal and public landowners are certainly looking for protection, but it's more than just showing a dec page to them. This new entity will have 80 years of catching up to do.

Keep in mind I'm not saying an alternative is a bad thing, I'm still in the process of looking into the costs of insuring a club, it's no easy task. At this point, the costs are not something a club would be able to realistically deal with, and that's even with coverage limits significantly lower than what the AMA provides for. Competition is always a good thing for consumers, and I've said several times if there was ever a time that people might want an alternative, it's now.

I would think the last thing a company would want to do is hide their information, coverage limits, benefits etc from the very people it would hope to get business from. That seems like an odd way to do business. The SFA was able to at least get something going 20 plus years ago, so it' not an impossible task.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:37 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

My Mafia connections are not what they used to be, ever

since RICO, and you know, the "friends of mine" never like to use the phone or email when doing favors for a good fella.

And then we would owe them a service, considering, some of the postings I have seen here, I am not too sure I

could count on some of these

posters to make good on their obligation to my Don.
Encryption is working well for ISIS. Maybe you could let "your connections" know they're long overdue for an infrastructure upgrade.

Go luck trying to collect on any "obligations".
Old 01-31-2016, 06:38 AM
porcia83
Banned

Oh i'm sure you've done the best you can of data mining, it's part of your MO. Thankfully I have nothing like the reputation or fame that you hold onto. Never before has one single member been able to continually bait and berate fellow hobbyists as you have.
It's funny you mention "holding on"...it's what you have been doing for 4 years now, but I don't think you are able to see that. I wouldn't waste 5 seconds "data mining", I've got better things to do, although I've wasted more time this morning giving you the attention you so desperately want. So let's continue to agree to disagree and just move on eh? No sense in continuing to take every thread your in off track and off topic. Meanwhile, I'll continue to post and try to add something to the discussions I'm in, if nobody wants to respond...that's their choice right? I can't force a response anymore than you can. Personal responsibility being what it is....most adults can just move on.

So what's your opinion on an alternative to the AMA? As the thread topic notes, did you register?
Old 01-31-2016, 06:40 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Your Funny Just posting so he knpw's he can get Under your skin. Stop being FUNNY and Ignore those that might get your hackles up. Besides if U don't FEED them Just like pests they will go elsewhere to bother some one else.
Besides some think I'm Funny cause I use different Fonts and color to make the ones, they cant follow a simple train of thought, get the real meaning.

!ynnuf er'uoy wonk ew ,ynnuf er'uoy kniht t'nod eW
Old 01-31-2016, 06:46 AM
porcia83
Banned

+1 !
Old 01-31-2016, 06:47 AM
jeffrey solomon

(from Porcia83) Meanwhile, I'll continue to post and try to add something to the discussions

Hey, who knows, there's a first time for everyone?

Maybe miracles can happen?

Porciapedia, Keep plugging away sonny,

"You know, you are a funny guy"

Last edited by jeffrey solomon; 01-31-2016 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:51 AM
TheEdge
Banned

It's funny you mention "holding on"...it's what you have been doing for 4 years now, but I don't think you are able to see that. I wouldn't waste 5 seconds "data mining", I've got better things to do, although I've wasted more time this morning giving you the attention you so desperately want. So let's continue to agree to disagree and just move on eh? No sense in continuing to take every thread your in off track and off topic. Meanwhile, I'll continue to post and try to add something to the discussions I'm in, if nobody wants to respond...that's their choice right? I can't force a response anymore than you can. Personal responsibility being what it is....most adults can just move on.

So what's your opinion on an alternative to the AMA? As the thread topic notes, did you register?
Patronizing as you are, your not my friend and I'm not yours.
There are only two things I don't like about you, your character. You bait and berate to fulfill your obsession of online posting. You spoil it for others. Each and every time I see you purposely herd a member into your little trap, I point it out. It's reassuring to note that you have never once denied this but rather you come up with some form of arrogant diversion.
Enjoy another day in your life of compulsive posting, lets see who you upset today.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:53 AM
TheEdge
Banned

Well said but not everyone realizes they are being trolled. It's nice of you to point that out.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:19 AM
jeffrey solomon

I liked the movie too.

I found a site for "commercial drone insurance" and posted it some time ago.

I did not inquire regarding insurance for recreational flying, but I would think, that recreational ins. might be more

easily obtainable than commercial

ins. considering there is less risk in flying for fun.

I find it interesting, that once again, you appear to want to participate in something constructive, you may recall

that a similar situation occurred with you, concerning the production of a congressional letter template, that I and Combatpig were discussing and

you were not exactly in favor of. Only after a numerous strongly persuasive posts by Combatpig and myself did you finally mollify your attitude, and

produced a very well worded letter.

but then, you sought to control the dissemination and timing of the release of the letter template. I hope this is not going to happen again.

If you're not going to play nice with everyone,

No one is going to play with you at all.

Here is the list

Here is the site
http://uavcoach.com/drone-insurance-guide/

Knock yourself out sonny

Last edited by jeffrey solomon; 01-31-2016 at 07:21 AM.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:25 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

A couple of real interesting DRONE videos" The problem with the DRONE DEFENDER it the short range Just 400 Meters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Zvpx9fFsM

Amazon Drones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Kin5o7pCs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5nbqWDg9nc&src_vid=d9Zvpx9fFsM&annotation_id=55e71050-0000-2747-831b-94eb2c08bce0&feature=iv

For those that Hate Drones and Like to see them Crash:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgXd0nIo784

In less than a decade there will be DRONES doing every thing from delivering packages to servaling U to flying Pole & Pipe lines Crops to driving U every where. First they will have lanes on free ways for Drone Vehicals Only then soon every thing with Human control will be obsolete. Will just say grocarey store and a drone will go pick up your order or take U there because U Like Shopping. Drones of every shape and description will improve our lives as Electricity and the Micro chip has in the last century.

Drones will be every day things, Just as cares and other veichels are . The Techonalagey for colision avoidance( of each other and other objects) is here already it only needs to be implimented in all vehicals, man carrying and non man carrying. Peple hated the Horsess carriage ocer a century ago. It will be the same with Drones of every
description. It won't take another Century either, More like 5 to 10 years to be accepted as normal mode of conveyance. Believe it or not. 99% of all aircarrier air craft are already capapabe of completly autonimasfight. The only reason they still have Pilots is to Load the flight plan in to the Flight management system. Now a computer flies 99% of every flight anyway. OH the other reason they still have a Pilot and Co-Pilot is when the system has a "Brain Fart" and goes waco.

The FAA's real problem know that their days are Numbered especially the Rank and File controllers, then with out controller's what need do we have for management. The only FAA personal needed will be Computer Programmers and Maintenance personal. The age of the Drone is almost here. Man may be an endangered species in the next century.

Get used to it R/C TOY airplanes all ready have the capability of self flight. All they need us for is to connect the battry and placem them on a flat surface for take off. Pattern flying might turn into the best PROGRAMMER not the guy that's moving the sticks. Look at all the programing we do with the modern computer radios we use today. Heck (90% of us can't figure out how to program dual rates, Just think what will be possible ounce the computer generation comes on board and is turning into O'lGezzers tha Play with R/C TOY's.

With Virtual reality getting better U might never have to even connect the battery just close your eyes and some computer will make U think U were at the field all day arguig with your buddies about everything from world Politics to religion and the way it used to be, and Guess what U never left your own house.

Now stop all this BS Bickering, go out & play with your R/C TOY "Drones" while U still can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.