Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

E-FLIGHT BLADE CP

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-FLIGHT BLADE CP

[sm=thumbup.gif] The heavy duty landing gear makes the heli a lot more rugged. I love mine. [8D]
Old 04-05-2006, 07:02 PM
My Feedback: (2)

GTX,
Did you have to remove the tail boom to install the strut holder?
Old 04-05-2006, 07:04 PM

Hi guys,
I'm new here so please forgive if you've heard this one.
Having set the main blade pitch to 0 degrees in idle up mode at 50% throttle (trim low) I find when I return to normal mode they have 2 degrees positive incidence at low throttle/low trim. Is this normal?
Old 04-05-2006, 10:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Warbarb

Nice black skids. I like the vertical tail fin too. Where did you get it?[8D]
It's from the GWS DF. Got both fins in Jax at the LHS for about three bucks. The skids are from the MX400.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:03 PM

ORIGINAL: IMAC781

Hi guys,
I'm new here so please forgive if you've heard this one.
Having set the main blade pitch to 0 degrees in idle up mode at 50% throttle (trim low) I find when I return to normal mode they have 2 degrees positive incidence at low throttle/low trim. Is this normal?
Just implies your idea of 50% and your heli's is in two different places. It won't hurt anything and actually may help with earlier lift in normal mode.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:20 PM

ORIGINAL: IMAC781

GTX,
Did you have to remove the tail boom to install the strut holder?
No, it pushes over the boom and snaps to it, then the nut and bolt tighten it.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:42 PM

Here's some pictures of my DF4 and a couple other things we're working on.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88272.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	439741   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55584.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	439742   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zk67961.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	439743   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rq16352.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	439744  
Old 04-06-2006, 09:11 AM

ORIGINAL: jzitting

Hey guy's.
I just bought a Honey Bee CP and the main motor turns the wrong way (counter clockwise). I was told some of you guy's may be able to help me out with this.
I tried switching the motor wires and that worked but now I'm not getting any pitch on the blades. I am starting to think the 4-in-1 has something wrong with it unless you guy's can give me a better idea.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:31 AM

[]OK, just a bit of info for everybody. LHS is about 20 miles, so I decided to use automotive emblem mounting tape instead of servo mounting tape (looked the same and I had some). It's not! Elevator servo let loose and then all flight charateristics go out the window. Wow, Acrobatics, throttle and ground. Moral, ALWAYS use servo tape. Just thought I would pass that along. Now I gotta go the the hobby shop anyway. (I'm personally paying for his summer vacation).
Keep on flying no matter what happens
Old 04-06-2006, 12:07 PM

I tried switching the motor wires and that worked but now I'm not getting any pitch on the blades. I am starting to think the 4-in-1 has something wrong with it unless you guy's can give me a better idea.
Q: Are your other servos moving at all?

Silly question, but are you sure the 4n1 initialized? Solid green light?

Also, can you confirm that you tried unplugging the main motor and tail motor, let BCP initialize (making sure you're not in idle up mode) and then moved the throttle up and down to check the pitch?

Old 04-06-2006, 12:25 PM

ORIGINAL: RamboSmurf
... I decided to use automotive emblem mounting tape instead of servo mounting tape (looked the same and I had some). It's not! Elevator servo let loose and then all flight charateristics go out the window....
Double sided outdoor carpet tape, made by Intertape, is like servo tape. It's available at most hardware stores and a 42' roll costs about the same as a few inches of servo tape. I use it all the time with no problems.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:42 PM

ORIGINAL: GTX SlotCar

Double sided outdoor carpet tape, made by Intertape, is like servo tape. It's available at most hardware stores and a 42' roll costs about the same as a few inches of servo tape. I use it all the time with no problems.
Carpet tape REALLY sticks.. Just gotta make sure both surfaces are FLAT as the stuff I use has no "padding" like 3M double sided tape. Super cheap too...
Old 04-06-2006, 01:04 PM

Thanks. Igot some of that on hand. Didn't think of it. Now the wobble is back at the rotor head. Does the main shaft bend everytime the blades hit the ground or boom? I've replaced everything but the pin thru the shaft and it always seems like the wobble comes back. Then we start that yo-yo crap. Am I missing something? This is driving me nuts.
2nd problem. I have a honeybee2 that starts out fine but then the motor drops power, set it down, wait 30 sec, start up, flys great and then motor drops again. Any suggestions? Oh, yea. Thats got a small amount of wobble also, very small though.
Thanks for help
Old 04-06-2006, 01:35 PM

Thanks. Igot some of that on hand. Didn't think of it. Now the wobble is back at the rotor head. Does the main shaft bend everytime the blades hit the ground or boom? I've replaced everything but the pin thru the shaft and it always seems like the wobble comes back. Then we start that yo-yo crap. Am I missing something? This is driving me nuts.
2nd problem. I have a honeybee2 that starts out fine but then the motor drops power, set it down, wait 30 sec, start up, flys great and then motor drops again. Any suggestions? Oh, yea. Thats got a small amount of wobble also, very small though.
Thanks for help
They also make thicker carpet tape. Looks just like servo tape, only a lot bigger.

Have you checked the spindle that is inside the head. Joins the grips. If it's bent it will bind.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:40 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I cured my last wobble by loosening the blades a little...
Old 04-06-2006, 02:35 PM

No, the fin is split and just fits over the boom and is secured with a screw and nut.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis Flora

I think I cured my last wobble by loosening the blades a little...
The blades should move about 2" when you rap them with your finger.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:46 PM

Thanks. Main shaft was bent bad and the blade were to tight. Wobbles gone, but now it seems as though I lost power. The motor spins up to about 1/2 fine, go past 3/4 throttle and the motor slows down. It now needs almost 3/4 to hover. There is no binding anywhere. It will hold at 3/4 but when I throttle down to set it down the revs increase. Past 3/4 and the red light comes on in the 4 in 1. Is it possible the motors going? Any other ideas.
RS
Old 04-07-2006, 10:01 AM

Thanks. Main shaft was bent bad and the blade were to tight. Wobbles gone, but now it seems as though I lost power. The motor spins up to about 1/2 fine, go past 3/4 throttle and the motor slows down. It now needs almost 3/4 to hover. There is no binding anywhere. It will hold at 3/4 but when I throttle down to set it down the revs increase. Past 3/4 and the red light comes on in the 4 in 1. Is it possible the motors going? Any other ideas.
RS
Double check your tracking. Sounds like you got some negative pitch going on.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:10 AM

RamboSmurf.... check the pitch on your blades, I had the same problem until I found that I had about 4 degrees pitch on low throttle and low trim, you just might have this problem. besides if you fly like this your main motor will heat up a lot.

Guys... in my field there's always wind running, and sometimes very gusty, normally it is calmed but with wind I haven't been able to foward fly like I want, I start hovering and have to fight it a lot, then I thing it's going to fix when I start going forward and yes it does but 20' later, the tail starts going kind of crazy. I went to a gym and flew for a while, no problems there so I guess this little thing is affected by wind uhh?? First I thought it was my gyro set up but guess not... besides I am kind of new on the hobby... 'been flying planes for about 6 months and heli about 4, I decided what I like is helis so my next target shop is maybe a predator max, I'be been told to buy a Raptor 50 but I rather go with a more stable more capable heli. what do you guys advice??

Thought on going on a bigger electric but I think is very expensive the first buy uhh??

thanks
Old 04-07-2006, 11:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis Flora

I may just get a backup set of stock woodies. I don't plan on any inverted stuff for a long time. I really enjoy not crashing anymore, and blades last a long time this way... LOL

I keep coming back to this picture. I really like it. Wish you had a higher res version.
I've got a few streams and brooks around my house. This Spring I may try to get some pictures flying over the water in a wooded setting.
Have you got any more like this, Dennis?
Old 04-07-2006, 12:10 PM

RS
Pitch curve is messed up. Sounds like you're overpitching and dragging the motor down. The red light on the 4-in-1 is telling you the motor is working too hard. The bigger the blade's "bite", the more power is required to maintain rotor RPM. You've got too much "bite" going on..

Does the motor get hot?

With trim and throttle both full down, blade pitch should be 0 with the mode switch in "normal". You'll need to pull the pitch links to adjust it all. Before you tweak anything, disconnect the motors, turn on the Tx and the 4-in-1. Let it initialize and then begin your adjustments. Move all sticks and trims to the center position and verify all the servo arms are "level" (i.e parallel to the frame) and the swash plate is also level - adjust links if necessary to level the swashplate. The top of the swashplate should be about a 1/2" from the top of the main shaft. Get that set and then set the blade pitch.

If I've thoroughly confused you, check out bdavisons Blade CP rebuild thread.. It'll walk you through the head setup step by step.

Good luck!

Old 04-07-2006, 12:11 PM

I got my plasti-blades, but my 4in1 is fried.. wooooo
Old 04-07-2006, 12:53 PM

Thanks. Blade pitch was off. The motor never got hot, normal warm. Now it lifts at about 1/2 throttle and holds pretty stable. I do experience a drop in rpms and alttitude when applying right aileron, not left. Normal? It also sometimes wants to go to foward flight really quick. Its still a stock Heli, Batt and flat bottom blades. One time it will hover fine, then the next time I have to fight to keep it under control. I can't say its all pilot error, because it seems as though every now and then it gets a wild hair up its butt and wants to do whatever it wants. I also have a Blade CX and I can fly it everyway with no problems. Are these heli's that skittish? Again, thanks to all for the help.
RS
Old 04-07-2006, 01:06 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Remember, when checking your main blade pitch, you need to hold the swashplate up, to make up for slop in the servo's and linkages, or you could possibly end up with negetive pitch at low throttle settings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.