Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 08:09 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick, sorry to hear about you headache 450. Man whats going on here with these things? BTW I agree with you, DON'T touch that 600, ya dont mess with perfection!

A question for you. When I start my 600 is is not like your 450 where is starts like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 etc up to speed. There is a sudden power input like it was starting a stage 2 or 3 of the throttle. Then the heli jerks and spins on the ground a few inches. I am sure like your 450 my 400 and 500 start up pretty smooth with a small graduation of throttle at start up. In fact the 600 hits so hard the blades fold back a bit, I have them pretty snug to. I know there is a set up in the BEC but before I go there I just wanted to know what your does.

Thanks JPEE
Old 09-28-2009, 08:30 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Did you program a soft start? If so, I have heard that the Align ESC's have a pretty fast soft start. Since I use all CC ESC's I have programmed them for a very soft start and it doesn't jerk at all.

Nick
Old 09-28-2009, 08:39 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

My dads Trex 600 in Cali (as you know) also has that same problem with that abrupt start-up.... I tried as best I could, with what I knew at the time to try and get it so the blades wouldn't "jump" and it was nearly impossible.... Just some more FYI for ya.

Like Nick, I also use the Castle ESC's and there newer soft-start feature is excellent, as you might have even seen in my last 450 video above. And that's not even the lowest setting. I didn't want it to low as my Microheli head block has been slightly bent for awhile, and I try and get the RPM's slinging past that point to avoid the start-up wobble from the bent head. The Jazz ESC's are known for there best soft-start features as you'll hear, and I have to say with Castle's newer version firmware that me and Nick use now, there softstart feature now is about comparible with my Jazz ESC.... Good stuff those Castle ESC's are, and lightweight among that. Otherwise I wouldn't be using an 80 amp ESC for the 450 !
Old 09-28-2009, 09:08 PM
JPEE

Jeff, Nick,

Thanks for the input. I dont know how it is set up Nick, remember I bought it used and like alwasy you were there for me that day schooling the old timer right along. Please dont mention this to Jeff, he thinks I am a young wipersnapper LOL. I will go online and download the BEC manual and read how to check it and try resetting it for a soft start in a day or two when I have time.

JPEE

PS: Glenn is sitting in the dark, no power! [] No storm, a transformer must-ah blew on a pole. He said there are several blocks dark there now.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:15 PM
9sec240

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Ivan,

I almost forgot to answer your question on my Trex 450 Pro....yes, it is 100% Align, I bought the Super Combo, which comes with all the electronics, less battery and RX...

I did have a premature motor bearing failure however, which Assurance RC took care of under warranty (not as customer friendly as Horizon, I might add...).

I have heard of guys having issues with the supplied servos, but I have not had any yet...keeping my fingers crossed...

Overall, I could not be more pleased with it!

Glenn
Glenn, I am working a deal to get a 450 Pro right now.. Super Combo.. Was your motor an SP or the new M motor?
Old 09-28-2009, 09:20 PM
9sec240

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

Did you program a soft start? If so, I have heard that the Align ESC's have a pretty fast soft start. Since I use all CC ESC's I have programmed them for a very soft start and it doesn't jerk at all.

Nick
I do not know about the 600E soft start but my T250, T450, HK450, Furion 450 and T500 (all with align ESCs) have the best soft starts of all my ESCs.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:29 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

I'am guessing its a 600E thing with the soft-start not working as great, and possibly even more on the earlier edition models. Like Ivan said, even my Align 60 amp ESC in the Logo does fine for its soft-start...

http://exposureroom.com/members/J-MI...748faa9166959/

Glenn in the dark....?? ! Eh.... Maybe he better bust out them LED's......!!

Ivan ~

I've heard the motors in the Pro model Trex 450 run hot, as I've came across frequently on the Freak.... Just a thought.... Hey, you could get a Scorpion motor maybe and get at least a few flights out of her ?!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72491.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	1284604   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96797.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1284605  
Old 09-28-2009, 11:18 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Still in the dark here...playing with my gadgets...I have a smartphone that can be used as a wireless modem...pretty cool, got the netbook hooked to the phone, and on RCU over the wireless phone!

Nick,

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the 450....def sounds like one of my days!! I have had screws back out that I KNOW I loctited in before...maybe with time the stuff loosens up. I also noticed that my old loctite started getting too thin, and liquidy...I got some new stuff, and it's alot thicker, nice deep blue....

Ivan,

I'll have to check on the motor, it was a very early 450 Pro, so it's probably got an early motor. How do I tell? I didn't even know there was more than one?

Jeff,

I'm typing by my trusty little LED lantern...LOL!! Been 3 hours, still out...saw a utility truck up the street, must have blown a transformer or something that takes a while to fix...

Kinda fun improvising though...good to know I can stay connected to the world in a power outage...at least until the netbook and phone batteries die...LOL..[X(]

Glenn
Old 09-28-2009, 11:33 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry you don't have any power.

I have been messing with the power FET's I got and it is a lot simpler than trying to get the transistor circuits hooked up for my ESC. I still have some bugs I need to work out.

Nick
Old 09-29-2009, 12:14 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds cool on the FET's....are those the ones you got at Radio Shack?

Glad to hear that you are having fun with the electronics projects....

Hope you can get the 450 figured out soon.

Still no power here, kinda sucks...lol.

Good luck on the ESC project....

Glenn
Old 09-29-2009, 12:37 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I got the FET's at Radio Shack. I got the ESC to work now. Now I need to work on getting it to reverse directions with a button.

My 450 survived the crash pretty good. It looks like I only need to replace the main gear and flybar. Then I don't know if I will be able to find that screw or have to buy a new swashplate.

Hope you get power soon.

Nick
Old 09-29-2009, 12:55 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi guys,

Got a timed out earlier tonight so learned the hard way to save before hitting the OK button.

Glenn,
Are you still in the dark? I think you should take your mSR outside if it isn't too windy, bet that would look really wicked with no lights but the little canopy light lighting the night. BTW, you were right about the throttle trim, the 2-n-1 armed instantly. Going to test fly her during my break around 3am.

Nick,
Sorry to hear about your 450 - glad to hear the damage wasn't that bad. That's kinda scary about the swash ball screws self-loosening. I'll have to double check mine and may do what Glenn suggested about replacing old loctite. I know mine is more than a year old.

Well guys, I too had a mishap with my 450 yesterday morning. Left work early (before sunrise) and got to the soccer field before any of the maintenance people were there. Did a few ovals before flipping her over to practice some inverted hovering. Ha, looks like my thumbs and brain weren't quite up to that skill level anymore. She went inverted nose in to a nice muddy ditch. Dangit. [:@] Broken CF blade, flybar, I'm sure spindle and main shaft, bent tail boom - and that's just from a quick inspec. But hey, I've been talking about upgrading my belt to a TT so now seems like a perfect time - yep, the glass is still half full! And I now have my CPP2 to fly.

Mark
Old 09-29-2009, 03:57 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

Sorry your 450 crashed too. Have you been practicing inverted hovering for awhile?

Nick
Old 09-29-2009, 06:49 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Yeah that is a bummer about your 450 again.... Eh.... Glad to hear the damage wasn't to bad though.

Mark ~

Sorry also to hear of your 450 crash... You doing the inverted stuff ?! If so, that is great and I envy that ! Crazy stuff there.... Hopefully you can get her back in the air soon.

Glenn ~

I figure with all your gadgets, the power outage didn't even phase you ! [8D] Now ya need one of them big ol' quiet generators like JPEE, so ya can power yourself back up and the neighborhood ! Thank-goodness you have the mSR to fly if anything, and that's when ya gotta love the option of using batteries in that multi-charger that came with it.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:48 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Well I am proud to say I had a hand in putting another 500 in the air today. My buddy found a special, I mean a special and got a 500ESP and DX7 "built" for a real real good price in my opinion knowing what I paid for my LIKE stuff. It also came with an AR7000... YO ! HOWEVER, screws were loose here and there and backing out in a few places so he will have to revmove a screw at a time and CA and Loc-tite everything. She did fly perfectly and the tracking was right on! We put two double packs through her. She did have the same problem Glenn and I and think Jeff did and that is that the canopy rubbed the main gears, we handled that. We are planning a fly day this coming Friday. Oh! I forgot to say we also have the same plane too!

Like when Glenn and I got our 400's and 500's about a month apart (he was always ahead of me lol and......... was a great help to me). So now my buddy and I both have the same 400's, same DX6i's, same 500's and DX7's. It makes looking for a gremlin much easier when you can borrow and snap part to part from one heli to another and help eachother out.

JPEE
Old 09-29-2009, 07:58 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Cool to hear your friend got a 500.

I got my ESC to work forwards and backwards now with a push of a button. I control the speed with the black and white pot. on the top left of the green circuit board. Then I control the direction with the button on the top right of the green circuit board. I have been using a CPP tail motor and a CX main motor as my test motors.

Nick

Name:	Tr49242.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	1285061  
Old 09-29-2009, 08:15 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

Cool to hear your friend got a 500.

I got my ESC to work forwards and backwards now with a push of a button. I control the speed with the black and white pot. on the top left of the green circuit board. Then I control the direction with the button on the top right of the green circuit board. I have been using a CPP tail motor and a CX main motor as my test motors.

Nick

Nick,

Great job on the ESC. Question; I assume those are fabricaton boards? meaning, you can experiment and plug parts in and out and make board schematic so to speak? Am I right is saying that once you complete the ESC the way you want to you can cut down the size and "perhaps" fly it?

Nick/JEFF
I found on line FINALLY the instructions for the 600 BEC and how to program it. In the next day or two when time allows I am going to check that soft start program out and see where I am. Thanks for the input on your dads heli. JEFF.........when are you coming back down this way?? for a visit. Id love to drive up thad-dah away and fly together.

JPEE

Name:	Tq48553.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	1285071  
Old 09-29-2009, 08:30 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

The white board is called a bread board and it has tiny springs in each hole to clamp onto the parts. The green board is called a protoboard and I would have to solder the parts to the holes. I can't cut either of them. I use a different method for determining the input signal than RC ESC's use. My throttle input uses Voltage to control the speed and RC ESC's use frequency for the throttle input to control the speed. My design is like what is seen in electric forklifts and golf carts.

Nick
Old 09-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi everyone,

Nick,
Earlier in the year, back in Feb. when I was flying on a more constant basis, I was practicing my invert orientations - unfortunately I thought I could just go back to it. Man was I wrong. Should have done a bit of time on the sim first to brush up, but you live you learn.

Finally test flew my CPP2 on my break this morning - this is definitely what the CP should have been in the beginning. The tail held beautifully. Later this week I hope to get to fly during the day so I can really have some fun. Flying from light pole to light pole in the middle of the night has its limitations!

JPEE,
did you ever get that heli you were spruting on and on about???

Mark
Old 09-29-2009, 09:02 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

Good to hear you are enjoying the CPP2. Maybe if E-Flite started with the CPP2 there might have been more people interested in helis and not turned off by the original CP and CPP.

Nick
Old 09-29-2009, 09:52 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Yeah maybe next year I'll head back down to visit with my dad... If so, I'll drive down your way for sure ! [8D] That would be way cool.....

Nick ~

WOW.... That is so cool... +1.... You know, I wonder if you could build/construct a "Blinky" for balancing lipo's... ? I'am seriously thinking you possibly could ? Heh... Me and JPEE could even try and take some close-ups of ours if ya ever did want to see or try ? Dang, you amaze me !

Mark ~

I know, I bet those CPP2's are better.... I can definately see the difference for sure without a doubt. I was just checking out my last video of one my original stock CPP's in which I took to a flight about a few months ago, and what a weak turd with no tail control ! I had that thing floored, and it still could hardly hold its own ! Glad to see your enjoying your newer CPP2..........

http://exposureroom.com/members/J-MI...f14216dcf7b36/

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Name:	Xu62563.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1285167  
Old 09-29-2009, 10:00 PM
JPEE

Mark,

I bailed on the second 600. I gave it great thought. I considered the only place now I can fly my 600 is at the Club field or at and open construction site. So trying to passed "its a deal" I let it go. Then the next day I had thoughts of reconsideration thinking I can sell it for profit..........then my little voice said, I let it go so I di.

The guys at the Club Field were telling me (some of this I knew about) there is an 700 electric! I was told that somebody like Muler Messler or some German name had a kits out to convert the 700 nitro to electric, $$$$$$. Then yesterday I was told there is also a conversion from Align which I have not had time to check into. OK, I know I just said """"where would I fly two BIG 600's""" but man a 700 or 800 electric.........oh baby, sounds like something I should give myself for Christmas he he he he. Mark, for me its not all the hot motors and BEC's and bells and whistles, it like sex.......SIZE matter. Even if I have to drive out the open desert which is 80 miles form house to fly something HUGE yea daddy I want it. I am also aware they have alrge gasser helis. I saw one at the Public Fly Park here and it was GRAND! But everyone had to land and give him all of the air space. I looked it up at the time and it was like 8-12 K, I think. Even for me thats a bit to much money to spend to have sit in the garage to fly once or twice a month, kind like an RV you know.

Nick,
Thanks for explaining the boards and theroy. I used to work on golf carts that had huge reostates and sliding bars on a copper slab. Then we got automated and got the computer smart carts like you say with BEC's and "electronics" rather electrcial DC.

Smiles Guys JPEE

Old 09-29-2009, 10:03 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I already built a balancer earlier this year or last year. I can't remember which. However, it worked really good and I displayed what was going on with a LCD and a OLED display. I also didn't use resistors like your Blinky does to discharge each cell, so it didn't get hot like yours does.

Nick
Old 09-29-2009, 10:31 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Ok..... I thought that maybe you did, but couldn't exactly recall... I read way to much, and forget then a lot.... Yes, the Blinky gets hot ! Even in my cooler environment and even charging/balancing in the cooler garage I always keep a fan circulating air around it. And as you remember, I even removed the plastic covering from the Blinky to eliminate any unecessary heat build up. I'am so amazed to this day, that the Common-Sense Blinky I have is almost 2 years old... Its the only thing that has ever balanced all my lipo's since I've ventured with using lipo's. And I only have one... Yikes, I know.... I need a balancer sometime like Thunder-Power's balancer that will connect into my Thunder-Power 1010c charger without a doubt...!

Isn't it also amazing that the Thunder Power Prolite is also almost 2 years old in the picture below?? ! That's the same lipo that you've seen me run in all my Mini-Funtana flights... To this day, I've still never had a lipo puff or go bad yet. I even keep them fully charged, since I charge them back up upon completing a flight to keep the confusion down to a minimum on whether the batt is charged or not for the next flight.

Since I really don't fly all that much, and mostly just on the weekends, I've always just charged my lipo's at a nice easy slow pace. If the battery is like a 2100 or 2200 mah'er I set the charge rate to only about 1.40-1.50 amps... Or is that volts ?? ! Hek, I just had a brain fart ! LMAO... I gotta go eat dinner, I'am starving !

But yeah the only lipo's I've used that still remain functional and even pushing that 2 year mark are the E-Flite, Thunder-Power, Air-Thunder batts... And just recently for the T-500 started using now the Outrage packs. You do pay for what you get in this hobby without a doubt in my experiences. I still though want to try out these cheaper batts that some of you guys are using from like Hobby-City or whatever....

In fact my flight with one of my Aerobird Challenger's that I flew this past weekend was using one of my stock CPP E-Flite 800 mah 10c lipo's that is now OVER two years old... I should download the video to that flight.... That plane is so fun !

Name:	Ec89576.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	1285203  
Old 09-29-2009, 11:08 PM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Since I really don't fly all that much, and mostly just on the weekends, I've always just charged my lipo's at a nice easy slow pace. If the battery is like a 2100 or 2200 mah'er I set the charge rate to only about 1.40-1.50 amps... Or is that volts ?? ! Hek, I just had a brain fart ! LMAO... I gotta go eat dinner, I'am starving !
Jeff,

You are corret in thinking it was Amps. If it was 1.4V your battery would be discharging into the charger. Kind of doing the opposite.

One of my A123 packs almost has as many cycles as my oldest LiPo and it is doing a lot better performance wise. However, I abused that LiPo along with some of my originals while I was learning about them.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.