Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

PiccoZ Micro R/C heli

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 07:58 PM
MINICooperS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PiccoZ Micro R/C heli

I did my own review of the Havoc Heli and here are my observations:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_56...tm.htm#5615901

Enjoy!
Old 03-31-2007, 03:49 PM
ILoveMinis

im having so much fun with this little guy
its perfect for when theres to much wind out.
my bro wants on now :P

ive got it very finely tuned. and im thinkin about making a little cf frame for it to fly on. i dont like the cheap look of the foam, what would be the best possible way to do this???
Old 03-31-2007, 04:29 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Minis, check out the picco z toolbox. I believe the link on the aeroace mods thread works. Once your into the aero ace tool box there is a link to other toolboxes. Your a couple of clicks away. Have fun

Tim
Old 04-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Maxit

I posted a slightly different bearing modification using stock steal pin if anyone is interested.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5648287/tm.htm

Hope you guys like it. Worked good for me!
Old 04-01-2007, 07:43 PM
RoDnSuE

[link=http://www.2meta.com/april-fools/]Click here [/link] to see my mod to convert
2 Airhog Havocs into a tandom rotor "Chinook" Heli!!

RoD
:-)

April Fools!
Old 04-02-2007, 03:37 PM
}---O---{

Is it possible to report this kind of activity?
Old 04-03-2007, 12:07 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Heli, If you want to report this click on the report button. Tim
Old 04-03-2007, 10:37 AM
RoDnSuE

My apologies!
Didn't mean to upset anyone.
The devil made me do it.
:-)

I have 2 havoc's and they were siting tail to tail and the thought came to me. It would be a neat idea but I'm not sure how to go about
syncing the two rotors together.

Sorry again,

RoD
Old 04-03-2007, 10:49 AM
}---O---{

I don't know about anyone else but I come here to get away from that stuff on other forums. I would just rather not see this good thing go sour. I apologize for being so reactive. Thank you for your response.
Heliwabbit
Old 04-06-2007, 06:32 PM
ILoveMinis

o just calm down everyone, it was simply a joke, but i cant say i didnt get a little excited myself
Old 04-06-2007, 06:57 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I dont get the joke. I just got a link to an april fools page. I think the problem with making ch-43 would be setting up the counter rotation. You might be able to buind an mv-22 osprey though. It would have to hav a tail rotor though. Just a thought. Tim
Old 04-08-2007, 09:08 PM
savage_x4.1

Hi everyone i just bought a micro heli and no sooner broke the rotors does anyone know where to find a replacement for really cheap?
thanks
Old 04-11-2007, 05:20 PM
savage_x4.1

Anyone?[&:]
Old 04-11-2007, 08:43 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Evader, you have mail.

All, allerc.com and forkids-online.com,( not sure about the hyphen) both carry main and tail rotors. I have not dealt with for-kidsonline.com at all, I have dealt with allerc.com and was pleased with the service. Tim
Old 04-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Xanthius

I see great pics, mods, and repair info here, but they are spread across a few different threads.

I have a MicroGear Ecoman from Fry's and posted a new REPAIR thread from what I have found.

One question;

Are there FAQs or threads just for Mods, repairs, etc? It would be GREAT to see just that information organized, or maybe I missed it!
Old 04-11-2007, 11:03 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Xanthias, that was put forward a while back, but no one wanted to do it. It could be done the same way the aero ace mods thread was done with links. Go for it!! Tim
Old 04-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Xanthius

Thanks. I'm so new...still looking for information.

Some things I tried tonight;

* Adding posterboard fin to maintain take-off stability.
Did not like. Removed. I still have massive CW spin at take off.

* Lubricated my gear and tail rotor shaft.
Not any noticable difference

* Added nose push pin
Flies forward but lost turn response. I seem to have lost some turn response anyway, still trying to figure that out.

* Removed main gear clear plastic covers.
I like it! I had a slight wobble and now it seems to have gone! I suspect they were blocking air flow also!

* Replaced top cotter pin with (improved) 3-staples, twisted into one.
Seems better.

Still having control problem after all the crashes and repairs. Main problem is turn response and take off CW spin.

Overall...still fun. Looking forward to moding it...probably complete body change.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:53 PM
tumby1974

I saw a TV ad last month for the Havoc Heli. I immediately wanted one and went to their website. I was tempted to pay the 40 + shipping to buy it. Then I googled "havoc heli" and this forum popped up. I love it. I didn't even know these things were going under a new name and company just last year. I read all of the posts and finally bought a havoc heli (channel c) last weekend. Man this thing rocks! I haven't had many problems trimming it with the trim buttons. I'm going to do some of the mods for getting it to move in a forward fashion. This heli is so cool and very fun to try and manuever in the house, buzzing the dogs and daughter.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:07 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Since we have some new folks I'll try and get the picco z toolbox link here.
[link=http://www.piccoztoolbox.no-ip.com/]picco z toolbox[/link]

There is a lot of good info here. The mod recommended the most seems to be the hinge axis mod. Have Fun,

Tim
Old 04-15-2007, 10:59 PM
tiger1431

hey all my picco was doin good and then i had a crash i didnt think was to bad but now i can no longer fly it. it just spins counter clock wise very fast and crashes ive tried changing the tracking and i also changed the tail rotor and it still wont stop spining. any suggestions?
Old 04-15-2007, 11:39 PM
Maxit

tiger,

Is this the only picco you own? Do you have two transmitters? If you do try the other transmitter. I found they are NOT equal when it comes to trimming out rotation.

The other thing is I bet there is a very small hair wrapped around tail rotor motor shaft that you missed seeing. Take a real good look at shaft for dirt and hairs specially if you have animals. Be surprised how much a little dirt will affect rotation in tail rotor.

The last thing is does your picco have a nasty vibration with fresh charge at lower throttle positions? You may have smacked the top of the main rotor pushing up the main spur gear on the shaft. And now you have vibration from the slack/gap from gear to bottom bearings and the shaft keeper. You can tell if this has happened by watching closely as you hold body and pull/push the rotor shaft up and down and see how much gap from gear to bearing there is. Should be next to no movement at all.

Good luck!
Old 04-15-2007, 11:58 PM
tiger1431

Thanks maxit

yeah i looked for hairs stuck in the tail motor but didnt see any and yeah this is the only one i own. i didnt notice much shaking the tail shakes a little but the main rotor has very little play. i also tried fresh batteries in the tx and it did the same thing. im on channel c if that makes any difference. but its just like i have no control over it i can hold the stick all the way to the right and it just spins wildly to the left counter clockwise. i also noticed the rear tail rotor isnt engaging all the time now sometimes it wont spin but if i blow on it or touch it it will spin and i checked the spacing and its not rubing at all. so im at i loss now of what all to do the fix it
Old 04-16-2007, 12:33 AM
chris1379

Mine did this after a crash. I found a small crack in the tail rotor that was very hard to see. Replacing the tail rotor fixed it. Check it very closely. Since your tail rotor has difficulty spinning, you may have damaged the motor or driver for it. You could try a little oil on the motor.

Chris
Old 04-16-2007, 12:34 PM
LLFly

Yeah. Take alook at the tailrotor and see if there is a crack near the center. The spinning will often occour after a crash. I have replaced the tailrotor on mine and then glued the new one like is said in the [link=http://www.piccoztoolbox.no-ip.com/]Toolbox[/link] under /Hopups/Rotormods-Super Strength Tail Rotor Mod. Now it had withstand several crashes.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Xanthius

I third the tail rotor check.

I bought 2 more (MicrGear) at FRYs this weekend, and one has started doing the same thing, after 3 recharges. I also have already checked the tail rotor a few times, but believe I need to examine it more closely.

I also noticed my top stabilizer blade is unbalanced (but NOT wobbling), so I may add some weight to one side. That worked great on my first one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.