Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Member Daily Flight Rreports

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Member Daily Flight Rreports

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 10:34 PM
srouthouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Member Daily Flight Rreports

you want a linear pitch curve in idle up and %35-%40 for your lowest setting in normal mode.

at midstick you want 0 pitch in both blade,s after setting the swash up level

when i get home i have a link and will post it on how to set up a dx6 which is close enough to get you flying
Old 05-07-2008, 10:47 PM
noobflyer01

hey SR. do you have the settings on the dx6 for the BH450. on my bh in normal mode it flys awesome. but in idle up mode the tail is wagging. not sure why to begin fixing this issue. is it something with the tx i have to adjust? or the gyro? didn't think it was gyro because its fine in normal. i know it has something to do with my dx6.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:10 AM
srouthouse

that is vibration and or slop in the tail linkage issue and i have a 450se that does it to. has nothing to do with the TX or gyro.

same gyro and settings on a new heli and its all perfect and no wagging.

i replaced main bearings and tail bearings and a new pinion gear, then fixed some slop in the tail linkage and stopped most of it.

heres some good base settings http://www.digimemphoto.com/guides/backguide.htm
Old 05-08-2008, 12:12 AM
srouthouse

oh 1 flight on the 500, practiced nose in FF amd hovering, inverted hovering a little and the usual rolls and some consecutive rainbows
Old 05-08-2008, 07:26 AM
RKS1949

No flying yesterday(wind),and today it's raining[:@]. I did run a pack through the CX though. Looks like more sim time (that's about all I get to do with the lousey weather we are having.) Ron
Old 05-08-2008, 02:25 PM
srouthouse

1 flight with the 500, had a guy watching so the pressure was on lol

one of the best flights ive pulled off, sure was nice!. inverted hovering, front flips, back flips, staionary rolls. rainbows front/back and from side to side.

no wrecks
Old 05-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Magic Hook

One pack on the 450 testing after repair. Its got a slight head wobble so am changing the main shaft. Finsihed the 500 radio setup just before dark so I could not resist to spooling it up. Awesome machine! Just a one minute hover only six inches high because the light was fading fast. This is going to be a fun heli! I am so addicted that I am already looking at the 600. I just cant decide between the nitro or the electric. Leaning to nitro. LOL
Old 05-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Magic Hook

One full pack on the 500 tonight. Just hovering and side in stuff. Just making sure everything is okay. This thing is the bomb!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:44 PM
srouthouse

oh ya!! the 500 is great!

2 pacs with the 450, nothing fancy just had fun at the park doing the normal stuff. 3 close calls but no wrecks.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Husko

1 pack today on my HBFP. Painted some white out on my blades for the first time so I can actually see what they are doing. Very disorientating lol! I don't know if it was the paint on the blades or if there is some other electrical/mechanical problem going on here but I could barely keep it under control in light wind. Also, the plastic piece on my stock landing bar became separated from the main horizontal metal bar. Looks like it was glued on and I think this happened because I attached my anti crash kit incorrectly causing it to pull.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Magic Hook

First thing this am I put a battery in the V2 after going through the head setup to increase the amount of pitch and installing a new servo on the ail. It flew perfect. I played with circles and bailed out of a figure eight twice. Second battery I guess I flew to long. As I was landing it reduced head speed, then quickly just layed over on its side from four feet high and fell out of control into the dirt breaking another freaking servo. I am loosing confidance in staying in control. I am considering a new ESC. Not sure about which one , need to research it. Head speed drops during the flight after reducing throd, and shoots back up at times.

Flew the 500 this afternoon twice. Wind was 15 and gusty and it was no trouble really. Stayed basic with FF, side in hover and spot landings. Side in hover is giving me fits, I will practice that more on the sim. Funny though, after flying the 500, I am a LOT more relaxed with the V2. I really like the 500. So much so that I have put my 600 plans on back burner. I will spend that money on upgrades for the 500 and MORE battery's. So far I am just using the Kong 2500 that I use in the V2. I have the timer on 5 minutes. What a heli! Really fun, love the sound, easy to see.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:20 PM
noobflyer01

hey SR. i managed to stop the tail from wagging. now when i idle up the nose wants to go right. lots of left rudder to keep it in check. in normal mode it is perfect. what should i adjust?
Old 05-11-2008, 10:04 PM
srouthouse

no idea bud never had that happen.

what is your thottle % midstick in normal mode? raising it closer to idle up % may help
Old 05-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Edwinssiv

We finally had a beautiful morning. So I took my modified Axe CP out before work. Flew great, I even completed my first flip...it was ugly but I got it over with out crashing. This evening I got home from work...the winds stopped for me...calm and lovely. So out I went with my BH450. I was flying small circuits back and forth...the neighbors little boy saw me flying it...so next thing I know I have a small crowd next door watching me fly (we have 1/2 acre lots here so no one was close to me)...so I do a flip for them (Yes I was showing off...) and no problems...went over nicely, much cleaner than the one this morning
I flew 2 packs, no crashes 2 flips no crashes...I am happy. [8D]
Old 05-13-2008, 08:22 PM
srouthouse

good flyin edwin
Old 05-13-2008, 10:31 PM
srouthouse

1 hair raising pac with the 450, 2 very close calls 1 i even had my finger on the throttle hold and within 5' from ground i pulled it out.

was doing staionary rolls, flips front and back and some long inverted nose in hovers.

well after 50 plus flights i wrecked the HBFP and caused damage practicing nose in and circles. full foward into a fence which ripped off the blades
Old 05-13-2008, 10:53 PM
Raylon

Well, I got my CP and CX out today after not having them out for probably over 6 months. Both are over two years old and have virtually every part as when I bought them. Same batteries too. The CX has had new blades and struts, and the CP got a Bell-Hiller upgrade. All stock other than that, back when I got them. The CX was a Christmas gift back on December 25th of 2005[:-][:-][:-] and the CP I got in Feb of 2006. Been flying on and off, but took them both outside for some circuits, and I have once again gotten the Heli bug. I flew 4 packs on the CP today, two in the basement doing some tight hovering, and two outside just doing some figure eights. It's awesome to be back!
Old 05-13-2008, 11:04 PM
noobflyer01

you know what SR? i think you're right. i don't think my idle up at midstick is the same in normal. thats gotta be it. i'm gonna check that the first thing tommorrow after work. thanks. how do i adjust that? on the tx or mechicanically?
Old 05-14-2008, 12:09 AM
srouthouse

its usually not the same. i run %65-%85 in normal depending on which heli im using and a %100 flat in idle up.

to tame it down try this in normal 0-70-100 and try 100-80-100 in idle up then your normal midstick will be close so when you switch to idle up you should not have issues
Old 05-14-2008, 07:48 AM
Magic Hook

Had a cancilation this am so I was able to get the 500 up for two packs. Managed to get my scare factor up pretty good as well. I was doing circuts back and forth without stopping at each end and picking up speed without any problems. Then as I was working more on side in hovers I dedided to try my first nose in hover. Well it was great for ten seconds. When the wind kicked it nose down I lost my cool. Instinct brought the tail in and level but by then I also had full up collective. That 500 shot up 300' and out a hundred yards in front of me in the blink of an eye. The wind was much stronger there. I stayed with it, worked through my panic, and hovered it backwards and down to in front of me again. I even finished the pack. Second pack I just stayed close doing short circuts. I dont know if its my plank experience or what but I am WAY more comfortable with side and and nose to in FF than hover. I also discovered that scaring myself leads to learning faster if you can keep from crashing.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:39 PM
F-15 Fan

5-13-08
Took my brand new stock E-Sky Belt CP out for my first collective flight. Hovering wasn't to hard actually, but then it started to get away from me, going faster and higher, tried to bring it back in, but landing hard.
Damage: bent feathering shaft, broke landing skid legs, trashed main gear, dented tail boom, and broken training gear.
Should be up flying again by Saturday.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:35 AM
srouthouse

1 pac in with the 500, the usual stuff but kept it tame enough to have only 1 close call.

inverted nose in, loops, rolls and rainbows.

no wrecks
Old 05-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Edwinssiv

5/14/08-I flew 2 packs yesterday evening after the rain...very nice and calm. Practised flips, started stationary rolls and more nose left hover orientation. I still find I am over adjusting at full left. If I am even just slightly tail towrds me I am fine...I am just having a hard time completely left...so I am working on it.
On the second pack I was showing my wife my flips (which are improving quickly) and a couple of rolls...I came into nose in hover...I was still a little pumped up and I lost track of my control orientations (ROFL, not a good thing)...the heli started flying towards me and very quickly at that...I completely forgot all my training...I throttled up and pulled it right and around right before it slammed into my house! At this point I was almost knife edge and thought I was crashing...I maxed the the throttle and got it straightened out...I was shocked that I saved it [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
So I had a good day! 2 packs and no crashes!
Old 05-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Kaelan

not much flying lately for me.. spent a week in St. Louis on a business trip and it seems I brought the rain from there back to Georgia with me.. that's ok.. more sim time isn't a bad thing while I wait on my new heli to arrive
Old 05-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Magic Hook

Three packs on the 500 last evening doing mostly ff stuff. Got the 450 back in the air when I got home today for three packs. Its amazing how small it seems after flying the 500 for a few days. Its great to have it back in action.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.