Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

My parkzone HABU

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 05:42 AM
rcpollo
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My parkzone HABU

But even with a higher power prop plane, just turning off the switch won't keep the battery from draining. With all electrics, the best way to preserve battery life is to disconnect it when not in use.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:02 AM
KFX450
My Feedback: (30)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It's definitely a mistake I am only going to make once. Just did a lot of reading on the subject and there was about 4 or 5 threads over on RCGroups about bringing a lipo back to life. I am going to try some of their suggestion, but I guess even after that it's kind of ify on how long the battery will last, and I guess it's not too safe.

Hibbycitty here I come...
Old 02-22-2010, 12:32 AM
fombyracing
My Feedback: (2)

For you guys who are running a 5S setup, what mah pack are you using?
Old 02-22-2010, 02:00 AM
perfeet

ORIGINAL: fombyracing

Turnigy 5s 30c 3000mah
Old 02-22-2010, 08:50 PM
fombyracing
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: perfeet

ORIGINAL: fombyracing

Turnigy 5s 30c 3000mah
What kind of flight time are you getting? Did you have to add any weight to get it to balance out?
Old 02-23-2010, 05:40 AM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

It gets hot here in Oz & the battery on my Habu ran much hotter last weekend, probably because the ambient temp had risen from about 20 deg C the weekend before to over 30 deg C.

The path for the cooling air for the battery & speedy seems very restricted, particularly at the back where the servo leads are routed through the cooling air duct.

Any thoughts on cutting some extra holes through to the fan duct? More area for the air to flow plus the fan may suck the air through faster? - John.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:56 PM
awat65
My Feedback: (17)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the estimated speed difference on 4 cells to 5 cells?.

Tony
Old 02-24-2010, 09:19 PM
diamondbtoys

ORIGINAL: Boomerang1

It gets hot here in Oz & the battery on my Habu ran much hotter last weekend, probably because the ambient temp had risen from about 20 deg C the weekend before to over 30 deg C.

The path for the cooling air for the battery & speedy seems very restricted, particularly at the back where the servo leads are routed through the cooling air duct.

Any thoughts on cutting some extra holes through to the fan duct? More area for the air to flow plus the fan may suck the air through faster? - John.

Have been pondering the same idea,, the ESC gets fairly warm along with the battery after some intense flying,,,I'm on stock config also..

Now after looking for better air flow with the servo wiring and mini Rx in the way, I'm looking at actually opening a few spots roughly 1/4" to 1/2" diameter as to Vent into the Duct work so the Fan unit could actually Pull some air through the ESC/Battery compartment instead of what little air may be ramming into the naca-duct up front...
Perhaps just start out with one 1/4" hole just in front of the fan unit where the two side ducts come together.
Now with the esc/battery compartment under 'suction' should be no worries on blowing off the canopy
Going to spend alittle more time running over a few more ideas,,,,post em if ya got em !
Old 02-25-2010, 04:33 AM
perfeet

ORIGINAL: awat65

Tony
From about 80 mph (4s) to 100 mph (5s) with stock motor and fan.

+ you get unlimited vertical on 5s.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:18 AM
perfeet

Hi

Made a new Habu video. Onboard camera.
Flying between trees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtUg4ox5Wis

Old 03-03-2010, 11:45 AM
afinegan

(yes I posted this on rcgroups also)

Here is what I am planning on doing (when the turnigy 4S1 4000mah 30C-40C batterys come back into stock).

I will be adding the Eflite stock retracts (or XPS's retracts + kit) to the Habu
+ 142g

I will be using 4S1 4000mah 30C-40C batterys (for longevity) (weight 452g) (stock battery weights 341g)
+ 110g

HAbu stock bnf flying weight is 1300g

So I will be adding an approximate 252g to the airplane.
About 19% more weight to the stock airplane

If I went with the 4S1 3600mah 30C-40C I would only be adding 198g tothe airplane and this setup has been proven safe by people in thisforum.
This adds only 15% of weight to the airplane.

So the question is,

1. If I add 4% more weight by putting in a 4000mah battery instead of a 3600mah battery is it worth doing for more flight time?

and 1 question for  anyone who has flown with turnigy 4000mah 30c 4S1 & eflite retracts
2. Have you flown with retracts and the 4000mah 30C turnigy an wouldyou say the 4000mah is more worth it flight time wise or just go withthe 3600mah 30C's

Thanks.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:07 PM
rmillerawacs
My Feedback: (20)

Tony

How is everything holding up with 5s???? Just wondering?

Thanks
Old 03-03-2010, 04:37 PM
perfeet

ORIGINAL: rmillerawacs

Tony

How is everything holding up with 5s???? Just wondering?

Thanks
I have flown onlysix flights on 5s, because it is cold here in Norway now.

On my last three flights it felt like the vertical was not asgood,and I would moderate myself and say the planehas close (butnot quite) unlimited vertical on 5s, at least on my setup.
Maybe I am just getting used to the extra speed and climb on 5s.

I fly the plane pretty hard and alot of WOT. I will report back if the motorisshowing problems over time.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:52 PM
rmillerawacs
My Feedback: (20)

Thanks For the info!!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 02:28 PM
gabe_tuft

Anyone have any pics of their nosegear assembly? My Habu decided to play in traffic the other day and I had to replace the fuse. I can't figure out where the nose gear servo goes. I'm using a servo from my t-28 so maybe that's why it doesn't fit.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:13 PM
boonejr

has anyone set up the Habu with flaperons with Spek. DX6I
Old 03-05-2010, 05:00 PM
gabe_tuft

Both Flaperons for takeoff and Spoilerons for landing. Works great! What would you like to know?
Old 03-05-2010, 08:02 PM
diamondbtoys

ORIGINAL: gabe_tuft

Both Flaperons for takeoff and Spoilerons for landing. Works great! What would you like to know?
How did you do that? I'm on a PNP version w/ the DXi Tx,,,tried everything to do spoil and or flaperons to no success. Ailerons in flap mode still do not act like flaps, currently gave up on it and just fly it as normal.

Can you describe your setup?

Thx
Old 03-06-2010, 12:51 PM
boonejr

I put a 6 channel receiver in so I could split the two ail. instead of using the Y harness, and have been trying to figure out how to program my DX6I, so I need to know do I go to wingmix programing, which I tryed or go to mix 1 - mix 2 programing.
Any help-Thanks
Old 03-07-2010, 03:38 PM
gabe_tuft

First you need a 6 channel receiver, then get rid of the y-harness and get some 3" or 6" servo extenders because the stock servo wires aren't long enough. Plug one into the aileron channel and one into the aux channel. Make sure the wing tail mix is set to dual aileron and that everything woke as it should. You may need to reverse one of the servos or switch the channels to get it right. Also, make sure the throttle hold is active.

Ok now the mixing. On Mix 1, choose "act". Set the first option the Throttle and the second option to Aileron. I am on the road right nowo'so I can't give you the actual mixing, but play with the values until you get the aileron channel to act like a spoileron when the throttle is down and then hit the throttle hold and push the stick up- it should be a flaperon.

Now setup Mix 2 the same way but use Throttle and Aux as the channels.

I can give you guys the actual mixing on Wednesday when I get home.

Now if anyone can help me out and pull their nose gear plate out and snap a pic of the servo mounting location, I would be really grateful.

Thanks boys.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:39 PM
boonejr

I only had my cell phone to take the pic. If you need a different look let me know. thanks for the flaperon Imfo. and yes can you send out the mixing imfo. when you get back.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10604.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	1393160   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90127.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	1393161  
Old 03-07-2010, 10:17 PM
gabe_tuft

Dude I've been lookin everywhere for pics of that nosegear. You hooked it up bro, thanks! Turns out the servo I have is the wrong one.

I will post pics of the mix when I get back on Wednesday for you guys.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:54 PM
diamondbtoys

ORIGINAL: gabe_tuft

First you need a 6 channel receiver, then get rid of the y-harness and get some 3'' or 6'' servo extenders because the stock servo wires aren't long enough. Plug one into the aileron channel and one into the aux channel. Make sure the wing tail mix is set to dual aileron and that everything woke as it should. You may need to reverse one of the servos or switch the channels to get it right. Also, make sure the throttle hold is active.

Ok now the mixing. On Mix 1, choose ''act''. Set the first option the Throttle and the second option to Aileron. I am on the road right nowo'so I can't give you the actual mixing, but play with the values until you get the aileron channel to act like a spoileron when the throttle is down and then hit the throttle hold and push the stick up- it should be a flaperon.

Now setup Mix 2 the same way but use Throttle and Aux as the channels.

I can give you guys the actual mixing on Wednesday when I get home.

Now if anyone can help me out and pull their nose gear plate out and snap a pic of the servo mounting location, I would be really grateful.

Thanks boys.

Thanks for the info certainly will get started on what you already described, should get me in the ball park 'til ya get back

Heres the nose gear photos,,,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99887.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	1393583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg14879.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	1393584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr40339.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1393585   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wp41418.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	1393586  
Old 03-09-2010, 10:47 PM
wpotter6

You can make the AR500 (5 channel) work for flaperons. You have to connect the left aileron to the Gear output and mix that with ailerons and the flap switch. I put the setup (using a DX7) on the PZ Corsair thread under Park Flyers.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:27 PM
gabe_tuft

OK guys, as promised, here is a shot of the mixing for the Habu to make flaperons and spoilerons possible. It works depending on the location of the throttle. Above 1/2 throttle and you have flaperons, below 1/2 throttle and you have spoilerons. Also, I have mine set up on the gear switch. I find its easier to click with my left index finger - instead of fumbling around looking for the flap switch.

I have one of the ailerons plugged into the aux channel and the other into the aileron channel. I'm not sure which is which. Also, for reversing, I have the aileron and flap channels reversed. I would suggest setting up your mixing and reversing the same as mine, and if it isn't correct just swap the aileron and aux channels on the receiver. That will save you a lot of work.

Finally, go to Wing Tail Mix and set up your plane as a dual aileron plane.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.