Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

eagle 50 helicopter

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 05:31 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: eagle 50 helicopter

to change it. You need to push dip switch #8 to off position. Use v2 to adjust and when you are done push #8 back to ON. Please make sure you understand how CCPM work before you make the adjustment.

Andy
Old 10-17-2009, 08:39 PM
pbellamy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just ordered the 50H03-38 New Model Accessories For Upgrade because one of the balls broke off one of the short arms. is there any way to order just the little short plastic arm that has the balls on it? seems these balls break off quite easily
Old 10-18-2009, 08:18 AM
morgantheraider

Constantly, every one that Andy sent burnt up within minutes. I got so fed up that I dumped it at a flea market. I will never, ever buy one(or anything) FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN.
On the bright side, Andy does try very hard supporting a lost cause.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:16 AM
pbellamy

i just ordered the "50H03-38 New Model Accessories For Upgrade" because one of the balls broke off one of the short arms. is there any way to order just the little short plastic arm that has the balls on it? seems these balls break off quite easily
Old 10-22-2009, 07:51 PM
yadac123

what's your order number? I'll replace it.

Andy
ORIGINAL: pbellamy

i just ordered the ''50H03-38 New Model Accessories For Upgrade'' because one of the balls broke off one of the short arms. is there any way to order just the little short plastic arm that has the balls on it? seems these balls break off quite easily
Old 10-22-2009, 08:05 PM
pbellamy

order number 651749

i've already recieved it, but thanks anyway
Old 10-27-2009, 10:44 AM
pbellamy

ref. Eagle 50

i replaced the broken part, but i get a large amount of vibration when i power it up. i removed the rotor blades and flybar paddles and still get the vibration, so i think i may have a bent shaft. do you have any step by step instructions on how to remove the shaft and, also, what is the part number?
Old 10-29-2009, 07:17 PM
yadac123

replacing the main shaft is very easy. Remove all the head and linkage above the frame and leaving just the main shaft. Loose up the lock screw on the gear and the shaft will slide right out. If you main shaft is bent then you need a bit of force to remove it.

Andy
Old 12-26-2009, 01:12 AM
dcl1701

Hey,
I have an Eagle 50 and I really got tired of getting the "upgraded" part that has that little ball on it. So, I got a ball from my T-rex 450 spares kit, drilled a hole where the ball broke off, (make sure the drilled hole is slightly smaller then the screw, and screwd the ball in. Now, you have to use the larger link but it will thread on to the original link threads. Just work at it. I just broke a servo just by hitting the floor. I find these machines are pretty fragfile. My
t-rex is a bit more rugged. But I fly the E50 as it's a little cheaper to repair.......sometimes.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:04 AM
TeeJayShelton

I have 2 eagle 50's and I just bought 2 used 22e's of of ebay. I have yet to lose a main or tail motor even one the one that has never had heat sinks.

Be sure to do a good break in. Run the motors in 30 second bursts for most of a battery (till after the 30 seconds the motor is only warm to the touch) then move up to 45 seconds.... then a minute then still check it after a minute and a half or so. On any brushed motor until you get the brushes seated well heat is going to be an issue. If you break them in well though you can see 100 packs+ on a motor without the heat sinks.

If your flying in the summer in very hot weather (I live in Fresno CA 100+ days over and over). The heat sinks are a wise investment and you should use a thermal transfer compound when installing them. It only costs a couple of bucks for a tube at radio shack. The heat sinks from a honeybee FP will fit right on this bird if you want to add them.

If the head isn't setup right (aka been crashed and not reset properly) it will kill motors. .

I have converted one of my eagles to a totally brushless set up and I still have the brushed motors sitting in my case waiting to bail me out on the day I do kill one in my brushed bird.
If you are new to the eagle/22e read the walkera 22e "Let's Talk" forum. If you search that thread you will find almost any topic realted to these heli's covered.

Happy Flying

TeeJay
Old 01-29-2010, 07:52 PM
yadac123

Thanks TeeJay

Andy