Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

New Sebart Wind 50E

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 11:29 AM
stmdk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Sebart Wind 50E

hi Tasos
can you please provide the link of HK to your servos, as i couldn't find those Align's D520 and D610.
thanks a lot
Old 11-15-2010, 04:17 PM
tmark65

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NO, my servo's was bought from a local Greek shop, NOT from HK.

You can find them either in this Greek shop
DS610 http://www.aligngr.com/gr/ds610-digital-servo-.html
DS520 http://www.aligngr.com/gr/ds520-digi...o-k10420a.html

OR at Flying-hobby
DS610 http://www.flying-hobby.com/shop/ind...&keyword=ds610
DS520 http://www.flying-hobby.com/shop/ind...&keyword=ds520.

There might be many more stores with good prices but these two attracted me for different reasons.

Regards
Old 11-15-2010, 04:25 PM
tmark65

I have to announce some bad news, one of my friends lost his WindS 50E today !!!

Most probably by an electronic failure, ESC or Reciever, he can't call it.

He is still confused of what happened since he was in the middle of P11 program at the Knife edge part. He couldn't controlled it furthermore and then an immediate roll to the right, then suddenly he gained control for a few seconds, and the Wind accelerated full throttle by itself and went into the soil. He managed to recover the tail and the servos. Motor, ESC totally destroyed and the LiPo pack transformed to something like a pack, actually twisted aside.

I'll try to have pics ...........
Old 11-16-2010, 10:23 AM
stmdk

thanks a lot for the servo's link
Old 11-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Bullwinkle9

OK guys; where can I buy the Wind E?
George
Old 11-19-2010, 06:03 PM
tmark65

Many different places around the world.

Try ZNLine in Belgium or the best for you, since you're in States George http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...D&ProdID=13418

Cheers
Old 11-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Bullwinkle9

thanks Tmark; just found aeroelectric web site and ordered the Wind 50e and motor/speed control. gosh it is a beautiful looking plane!
george
Old 11-19-2010, 06:34 PM
tmark65

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle9

thanks Tmark; just found aeroelectric web site and ordered the Wind 50e and motor/speed control. gosh it is a beautiful looking plane!
george
Be patient, It looks superb on air and it flies damn good !!!!

Try to use servos like those Seba recommends

That's a good point to pay attention

Tasos
Old 11-21-2010, 07:12 PM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

My Wind 50 with its 2 big brothers. Just maidened my 2nd Wind S Pro today. The Wind 50 flies really well, especially with the 6S setup. Looks nice with its bigger brothers.

Arch
Old 11-22-2010, 08:45 AM
tmark65

WOW,

ENVY, is my only feeling for you pal !!!!

I hope all of them are flying great.

Tasos
Old 11-22-2010, 08:55 AM
rcpattern

Thanks. I'm very happy with all 3. Obviously the smaller one doesnt fly as well as the 2m version does, but it is nice to have something to go play with now that the weather has turned. More than likely my son will be flying the 50 next year, although he really likes bipes, so I might end up with a Miss Wind 50 also for him. I'm very impressed with how well the 50 flies in nice conditions. It flies a little faster, but should since the wing loading is going to be higher, but with the same servo setup as the larger ones, the throws and such are very similar and it is definitely a useful practice tool to keep the fingers loose over the winter.

Arch
Old 11-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Velco

Wow, that is a nice picture. Arch can you please compare the two just a bit more.

Thanks,

Velco

Old 11-22-2010, 12:32 PM
rcpattern

Ok, I'll do my best. I'll try to cover everything I can. 2m is a composite fuse with built up wings and stabs. 50e is all wood construction. The 2m weight between 10#12oz and 10#15oz depending on battery choice. 50e weighs right at 7lbs with a 6S 4000 pack. The 50 goes together very nicely. All servo holes are already cut, except I did have to widen the elevator ones slightly for the 9650's in the tail. You can easily assemble it in a day. It has aluminum landing gear and then the fairings are glued onto the gear, whereas the fairings on the 2m are molded over the gear and are 1 piece. I didn't really care for the tail wheel setup on the 50e so I changed it. It uses the method of having the tail wheel glued into the rudder, but the wood is very soft and I wasnt a fan of this, so I swapped it for a sullivan tail wheel and then ran the tiller back to the rudder. Running the Hacker setup is nice as the plane is already setup for it. It literally is just bolt in and go. The fit and finish was very nice. I've had no issues with the covering, except at the base of the vertical it had a few small wrinklies, but that is a tough place to cover on any plane and from a couple of feet back it looks fine. Both balance at essentially the same place although the wing tube is further back on the 50, I basically looked at it as a percentage of the wing cord so that is in the same place on both. The 50 definitely can be a quick little plane. The 16X12 that Seba recommends works well and gives a very broad speed range. The 50 doesnt like to fly slow near as much as the 2m which is understandable due to wing loadings. Both have essentially the same mixes. I'm running about 2% down elevator on downlines, and about 2% right rudder to throttle for torque. The 50 does seem to carry a little more roll coupling than the 2m. I think I only had 1% aileron to counteract it on the 2m, and I'm at 3% on the little one. The 2m will do a very clean knife edge loop using only throttle and rudder and doesnt really want to roll much even with a hard rudder input. The 50 does tend to have a little more roll coupling with hard rudder inputs, that being said, it is still certainly manageable and I was able to mix most of it out. I flew the figure M with the integrated roll with the 50 and it had no issues. I've also done 1 roll rolling loops without any problems. I like the fact the schemes are virtually identical, except the 50 comes with a clear canopy which I painted and it doesnt have the red behind the canopy, which I will fix this winter. The 50 lands a little faster, back to the wing loading thing, but still floats very nicely. I used all of the hardware for both planes. The 2m has some nicer stuff, whereas the 50 uses quicklink style connectors on the ailerons and elevator. I initially was going to change them, but I figured I'd try them anyway and have had no issues. They are fairly heavy, so I don't anticipate any problems. I could save some weight in the 50 as I'm running a separate 2cell LiPo for the RX as I like having that backup if there is a problem with the ESC. At least this way I could land the plane safely. Obviously the 2m presents better as it is bigger and will handle heavier winds better, but the 50 will work great for what I want. I don't know how useful a smaller plane just for practice would be, except that if you can fly it smoothly with the smaller one, it definitely is easier with the larger one. We wont have a lot of nice weekends over the winter here in MD, but I wanted something I could take to the field easily and get in a couple of flights when it isn't too bad out just to keep my fingers moving. One thing I dont like on the 50 is that the canopy and wings are installed using bolts, which means you have to carry tools. I might change the canopy to a magnet style over the winter and see if I can't come up with some thunb screws for the wings as I don't like having to use tools, since I the 2m has spoiled me in that regard. For the price I think the 50 is hard to beat for someone just starting to fly pattern, or someone who wants something to easily take with them to the field if you don't have a lot of time. I'll be happy to take pics of anything you want, or answer any specific questions about either of them.

Arch
Old 11-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Velco

Arch thanks a lot! That was really extensive, I really appreciate it! I really am a Sebart fan and currently I have 2 Sebarts in my fleet and was planning to get the Wind S Pro until Lindinger came out with a REALLY good price for Sickle (not any longer) so I got a Sickle.Only 12 months since I decided to go completely pattern so I have been making my steps slowly, plenty of time to get a 2m Wind, hopefully with contra props .

Since I own wind 110 (which should compare well to a 2m version) I have a pretty good picture how a 50 size compares to a 2m version. For the time being I will stick with my MsWind 50 as my 50 size plane coz it is an incredible flier for its size, try giving it a go sometime and I promise you will be surprised!

In the picture is my "pattern wall" with Kyosho Kelly hidden by the Sickle .

Velco

Old 11-22-2010, 05:14 PM
tmark65

Arch,

WOW .... hey man you must be exausted after this deep comparison-presentation.

Me, unfortunately at that time, while money is an issue, I can't afford another 2m F3A like WindS2m. I love it man, I've seen it flown by Seba and I was posessed.
I can stick to my Oxalys 2m by TSCoop and "play" hard with it!

Nowdays SebART planes are my favorites. I had the opportunity to "have" him in my workshop last night while I was unfolding my brand new WindS 50E out of it's box and started building it.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:17 PM
rcpattern

I'm very happy with mine. Would've loved to have in my garage though for some tips on them. Send him on over when you are done....lol...

Arch
Old 11-25-2010, 05:44 AM
tmark65

Hi guys,

Last days I'm trying to "build" my new WindS 50E, but the quality of the KIT day by day is dissapointing me.

I don't know why but the quality I was expecting, for the kit cost, is totally worthless.

MY kit, uppon arrival has various dings all around wings and fuse.
In many spots on the covering needs to be re-ironed. In other points the covering has wrinkles because of bad workmanship.

Initially, I was upset but then I thought of my old projects and finally I decided that it's to much to think about.

Rudder hinges holes are pre-opened and the Rudder is mislined to the right !!! I had to make alterations to align it correctly. See images !

Last night I started working on the stabs, to install them on the fuse. After testing it I realised that rod+stabs are moving all together around, they are "floating".

What I mean, watch my video I shoot it for this purpose.

I'm sorry SeBA but this is due to your CHINESE production line. I'm DISSAPOINTED, your quality has dropped dramatically. Try to find WHY ?
You can make morey money if you sell GOOD things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tXOAFPI5VM

Old 11-25-2010, 10:28 AM
borabora22
My Feedback: (6)

Thanks for post that. I was going to purchase one of these until I saw your problems. Are their 110's made in china also?
Old 11-25-2010, 01:00 PM
tmark65

Borabora,

On a previous post I wrote that 2 of my friends, we fly in the same club, didn't have the same problem, the carbon tube.

My other friend who crashed it, we found out it was his Spektrum AR7000 that lost connection, told me he had only one aileron hinges misalignment problem.

Maybe my kit had a poblem with this, but it's a nice opportunity to discuss our findings.

As I'm writting, overall I'm satisfied. In many kits discrepancies are found. Even on my OXALYS by TS COOP that costs almost 1800 Euro had problems.

If you ask me if I'm gonna buy it , I will say YES.

Regards
Old 11-25-2010, 01:10 PM
tmark65

I spoke earlier with HarrisG and he gave me good suggestions.

I will apply thin CA (ZAP pink) on the carbon rod, so a film will be created. Then I will re-try the carbon rod for fitness. If it excess the diameter I will sand or re-apply CA to achieve the perfect fit.

Now for the two small "guide" carbon rods close to the LE, I will cut a small hardwood with the appropriate in diameter hole, and glue it with epoxy from the inner side of the fuse to achieve perfect fit.

pfffffff

Now I'm relaxed !!!!
Old 11-25-2010, 05:30 PM
rcpattern

My kit had the same rudder issue. When I test fit it, I noticed it was off, then went back and fixed the holes...was about a 10 minute job. My kit had no dings on it, and I didn't find anything else that didn't fit well. Apparently the jig they use for the rudder hinges is off. Was simple enough to cut another hole as only one hinge was off. I certainly wouldn't not buy the kit because of this. Easy enough fix.

Arch
Old 11-25-2010, 05:41 PM
wattsup
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

tmark65, I appreciate your video, it only reinforced what I had thought earlier. I tried to make everyone aware of the quality control issues of these planes in another thread here on RCU. What else can I say? I think it all depends on who you are as to whether or not you get a decent plane from Sebart or their dstributors. In other words, if your plane does not promote their best self interests, then you get a POS! Again, can you spell JUNK? Sorry you got taken, but your video will go a long way in getting even! If it was me in your position, Sebart and/or the hobby shop you bought this POS from would never hear the end of it! Unlike most, at least you had the courage to take a stand and expose their inferior products. I commend you. Regards____Everette
Old 11-25-2010, 06:19 PM
kj990

Same carbon rod issue with mine, a strip of thin sellotape later and it's now a snug interference fit!

Same with the rudder hinge line, new slot cut and it's sorted.

Can't wait to fly mine, can they be slowed up for landing or are they a bit hot?

Thanks.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:50 PM
tmark65

Hey, our models are from the same production line.

I thought about the sellotape and this was the trigger to think for a thin film thing around the rod but ... I don't know. I'm old into this stuff. Back in the years we were using 3mm hardwood for the fuse re-enforcement .... my dalotel or saphir had almost double weight .... than this, the sellotape seems to good to be true.

Anyway, good point with the sellotape, I'll try first this, if I feel secure with the result i won't try the CA technique.

ORIGINAL: kj990
Can't wait to fly mine, can they be slowed up for landing or are they a bit hot?
I have 4 buddies flying it
HarrisG who participates in this thread, and 3 more who are enjoying flying and reading us here.
I had the chance to fly it for a couple of minutes, is the Wind on a photo hanging from the wall above my friends head.

In comparison with AngelS it comes slower and much slower than other models. For example with my dalotel this is slow motion.
It flies unbelievable smooth, what can I say, like a train on the rails ! Ofcourse, as I wrote above. my two pals are using the Seba setup adn the other two Futaba digital heavy duty servo's.
My setup is ALIGN DS610 and 520. I hope it's gonna be like the other guys.

Thanks kj990
Old 11-25-2010, 07:33 PM
rcpattern

Everette,

I don't think it makes any difference who you are. I just randomly picked one up from Chris. The box hadn't been opened until I was there. Everything was still nicely sealed. The issues are minor at best. I have NO association whatsoever with Seba or anyone else associate with the plane for that matter. I pay the same price for stuff from Chris as everyone else. For the price of the plane you couldn't kit build a plane for this price. Essentially the labor to put it together is free if you start adding things up. Most .60 size kits would be 150.00, and then 5 rolls of covering since it is a 5 color scheme is another 100.00, plus all the hardware. To have the quality of Oxai or a professional builder, this would be a 900.00 plane and then people would complain of the cost. I don't mind having to heat shrink the covering or verify the rudder hinge. Those are minor issues to me. From 3' back you can't even tell there is an issue with the covering. Everything else fit fine. There is no way you can mass produce things at a low cost without some minor issues. The 2m Wind doesn't come from the same place and that explains why it is more expensive. I'm very happy with how mine flies, and don't mind overlooking some minor covering/hinging issues for a 250.00 essentially .60 size plane.

Mine slows up very nicely for landing, honestly it'll float forever if you let it. I droop both ailerons about 3/16" of an inch on landing and it really makes for a nice landing plane.

Arch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.