Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Hi

Well ................................. to-day I went down to 19% , ( I forgot to read the volts [sm=red_smile.gif] ) . But what was said in the above post , dose sound good . do the Hitec support guys agree with this ?

Hey guys ,..................... thanks for all the supported answers .

I love this place

Michel
Old 07-20-2010, 06:46 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys,

Shawn Spiker and I are going to be on RC Radio live tonight at 8:30EST. We're going to talk about anything and everything Hitec/Multiplex related.

I'm sure at some point one or both of us will say something stupid so have a listen here: http://rcradionetwork.com/

Mike.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi
The talk show was extremely informative , thanks guys , I enjoyed that

Michel
Old 07-21-2010, 06:58 AM
fredz69

Hi All

I have made up an Aurora 9 programing spreadsheet that I would like to share

It will allow you to put all your model settings into a printable spreadsheet................. yeah I hear ya why not just back it up to a model set with the HPP-22?

Well I will when my HPP-22 that is on order arrives, but I also like to see the settings and will still use it, so if you are interested there is three versions, all the same except for the amount of model pages pre-made. There is a 10, 20 & 30 model versions

If you get any of them, you can always make new pages by just copying a blank page

Hope you find it useful as I do and if you have any suggestions for changes, would be more than happy to look at.

First attachment below is 10 model, then 20 & 30

Mike, would it be ok to post this on the Hitec service page?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57320.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	1471173  
Attached Files
File Type: xls
Mk26530.xls (732.0 KB, 358 views)
Bz77881.xls (1.32 MB, 210 views)
Db83740.xls (1.72 MB, 180 views)
Old 07-21-2010, 07:54 AM
lafjax

Very nice Fred!! Really lays it out clearly. You have a command of Excel. Thanks for the effort.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:55 AM
Chancho

Fredz69,

Great work!This looks like you spent a lot of time on it. Thanks for your contribution to the community. :-)I'm always getting mixed up & forgettingwhat I programmed for the different models.Maybe I'll haveto try to laminate a fewof these to stuff in the field box...

Thanks!

Phil
Old 07-21-2010, 07:59 AM
dkennedy35

How about this idea. Mike could they program a screen where one button off the main screen would bring up a screen where we could document what the switches are for?

- Don
Old 07-21-2010, 09:58 AM
chocorrol

hi guys, I have some more questions... first, can someone explain me how the C and S functions works? I know the C means combination and the S means separately but does it mean that if I put the S on one function it wont work if I have some other C functions on? does it mean that every time that I turn on a C function, all the C functions will turn on automatically? 

my next question.. what the T.App function does? I see it on all mixes but I can't see in the manual what it exactly does...

I also would like to know what the adjust to trim function does... I have only seen that on the throttle cut menu.

I'm sorry if my questions are too silly but I really want to know how it works
Old 07-21-2010, 11:17 AM
JIMF14D

Wow, very nice work for sure! Thanks much.

JIm D
Old 07-21-2010, 01:07 PM
lunarhemal

Hi Fred,

You have done an excellent work on excel sheet. I must say that you have also taken care to align it properly so that one can print all pages without breaking the topics.

Well done !! I am sure Hitec will take efforts to put this on their website as a courtesy to your hard work and its very sensible.

Hemal
Old 07-21-2010, 03:52 PM
MikeMayberry

ORIGINAL: fredz69

Hi All

I have made up an Aurora 9 programing spreadsheet that I would like to share

It will allow you to put all your model settings into a printable spreadsheet................. yeah I hear ya why not just back it up to a model set with the HPP-22?

Well I will when my HPP-22 that is on order arrives, but I also like to see the settings and will still use it, so if you are interested there is three versions, all the same except for the amount of model pages pre-made. There is a 10, 20 & 30 model versions

If you get any of them, you can always make new pages by just copying a blank page

Hope you find it useful as I do and if you have any suggestions for changes, would be more than happy to look at.

First attachment below is 10 model, then 20 & 30

Mike, would it be ok to post this on the Hitec service page?
Holy Cow!!!! That's got to be the best third post in the history of RCU!!!

That's awesome... yes, we can definitely put it up on our site. This will then make a great accompaniment to go with files that are traded to know what is what without having to go through every screen to see what is assinged where.

Great work!

Mike.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:44 PM
MikeMayberry

ORIGINAL: chocorrol

hi guys, I have some more questions... first, can someone explain me how the C and S functions works? I know the C means combination and the S means separately but does it mean that if I put the S on one function it wont work if I have some other C functions on? does it mean that every time that I turn on a C function, all the C functions will turn on automatically?

my next question.. what the T.App function does? I see it on all mixes but I can't see in the manual what it exactly does...

I also would like to know what the adjust to trim function does... I have only seen that on the throttle cut menu.

I'm sorry if my questions are too silly but I really want to know how it works
S means that the mix or setting will be unique for that flight condition. Yes, if "C" is selected it will stay that way in all condition unless changed. Adjusting the setting in one condition will also affect them all.

T.App is Trim Apply. I would have preferred that this was defaulted to on but since it is not you will have to activate this so that the trims are the same in all conditions. In some cases you will want to have separate trims so you would leave this inhibited.

Adjust to trim allows you to use the trims to adjust the setting when the function is active instead of going into the menus to set it. I always use this feature with the idle down and cut functions.

Mike.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:17 PM
n19htmare

$453 = A9 tx + 9ch rx + 7ch rx + Hpp-22

Not sure how JR or Futaba can compete with that price.

Didn't need a radio (currently have DX-7) but bought one anyways. Figured i would recoup atleast half of that with the DX-7 and the rx's i have to sell.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:28 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fredz69 Hi All I have made up an Aurora 9 programing spreadsheet that I would like to share It will allow you to put all your model settings into a printable spreadsheet................. yeah I hear ya why not just back it up to a model set with the HPP-22? Well I will when my HPP-22 that is on order arrives, but I also like to see the settings and will still use it, so if you are interested there is three versions, all the same except for the amount of model pages pre-made. There is a 10, 20 & 30 model versions If you get any of them, you can always make new pages by just copying a blank page
Hope you find it useful as I do and if you have any suggestions for changes, would be more than happy to look at. First attachment below is 10 model, then 20 & 30 Mike, would it be ok to post this on the Hitec service page?
A great contribution, thank you.
Added under Programmers/Programming FAQ page as shown:
Hitec Programmers - Download Software for HPP-21 & HPP-21+ for Digital Servos.
Hitec Programmers - Download Station for HPP-22- Enables update to Aurora, Optic Sport, Spectra Pro Modules and Optima Transceivers.
HFP-20, HPP-21 & HPP-21+ - Manuals (.pdf bottom each page)
Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to install & Use Instructions (with screenshots).
Aurora A9 - Model set up & Templates - Program Templates. (If you have an HPP-22, download these files and transfer them into your Aurora. Save and share your own set ups. This way you could have more than one set of eyes look at your set up and possibly come up with other solutions).
Aurora A9 - Programing Spreadsheet - Put all your model settings into a printable spreadsheet

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 07-22-2010, 12:00 AM
fredz69

Hi All

Glad you like the spreadsheet

Thanks to Mike and AT for putting it on the FAQ page .............. appreciate

As per my first post, if anyone sees anything I missed or could be added just let me know

Greg
Old 07-22-2010, 12:05 AM
TimT2000

Hi All

As per my first post, if anyone sees anything I missed or could be added just let me know

Greg

Dude you hit this one out of the park!! With your permission I will send these to a friend that just
got the Aurora 9 second hand and just loves it. I know,,, some one sold their 9,, WTHe!!.

cheers
Tim
Old 07-22-2010, 12:45 AM
fredz69

ORIGINAL: TimT2000

Hi All

Greg

Dude you hit this one out of the park!! With your permission I will send these to a friend that just
got the Aurora 9 second hand and just loves it. I know,,, some one sold their 9,, WTHe!!.

cheers
Tim
Hey Tim

No problem, is there for all to use and hopefully enjoy
Old 07-22-2010, 06:09 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

I used to think I could do some slick stuff in Excel for work, but your effort with this has sure humbled me on that!!! Very elegant and easy to use. I'm thinking this isn't the first time you've done something like this????

Really an outstanding job, and very much appreciated. You really mastered the association of the switches by including the picture. Very very creative!!!!!!

THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!

Hi All

Greg
Old 07-22-2010, 07:36 AM
ExcaliburIII

Excellent spreadsheeet I can only find the need for a few additions. In the switch section the option to tag what channel the DR/Expo is for and Opti-Kill. Nameing of conditions and P-mixes Is the sheet protected and locked? Tried to add to the pull downs but couldn't get it to take.
Keep up the good work.
Wallygator
Old 07-22-2010, 08:56 PM
dkennedy35

I have heard that you need to turn off your Anti-virus, before your can download the software, but my anti-virus software is saying that the down load has a trojan virus. Has anyone seen this, and yet didn't have an issue?

Message below:
"The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL:

http://hitecrcd.co.kr/tester/tester.htm

The following error was encountered:

The requested object is INFECTED with the following viruses: HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic

Please contact your service provider if you consider it incorrect."

- Thanks, Don
Old 07-22-2010, 10:18 PM
zero244

ORIGINAL: dkennedy35

The requested object is INFECTED with the following viruses: HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic
I think you might be getting a false reading. Ive scanned all the files from your link, and all the files came up clean.

Hey Fred outstanding job on the spreadsheet.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:12 AM
dkennedy35

Thank you Zero244.

I guess I will give it a shot this evening.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:17 AM
gsoav8r
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: dkennedy35

I have heard that you need to turn off your Anti-virus, before your can download the software, but my anti-virus software is saying that the down load has a trojan virus. Has anyone seen this, and yet didn't have an issue?

Message below:
''The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL:

Please contact your service provider if you consider it incorrect.''

- Thanks, Don
Don, I think the prob might be the link your trying to use? Ive noticed that Two slightly different links for the v1.07 upgrade/download have been posted by a couple people.
Mike M. supplied this one in post 2601 and it worked fine for me even with my anti-virus still active. The link is also the same one found on Hitecs website.
http://hitecrcd.co.kr/tester/hpp_22.htm

The ....tester/tester.htm that I saw in one post; Ive no idea what that is.

Cheers.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:50 AM
Chancho

Mike,

Here's something of a wish list for your HPP22 developers.

I wish Hitec would have done the update approachdifferentlyto allowthe management of the update files locally. Instead the interface must have a connection to theHitec web server in order to update. So this isn't something that you can take to the field and update your buddies radio from your laptop -unless you have a wireless internet connection or something.

Hitec can easilyrecompile a future HPP22 program versiontohave the program point tosearch for the update files on yourlocal C drive vs. overthe net and have the files available to download locally.

I can understand Hitec'ssecurityworries about someone reverse compiling the raw update data?And if that's the case there are already ways to get to that. I'm sure it's more of a concern for your telemetry package updates which I'm sure is just a matter of time before someone uncompiles that and makes knock-off sensors and such. But really that won't deter 99.9% of us from continuing to purchase Hitec brand.

It would be nice to not have the web connection while updating and help a few other club members at the field, that's all.

Thanks,

Phil

Old 07-23-2010, 10:21 AM
zero244

Chancho: I second your request.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.