Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Spektrum DX6 use of flaps and mix elevator

Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Spektrum DX6 use of flaps and mix elevator

Old 08-19-2017, 02:56 PM
petrolia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Spektrum DX6 use of flaps and mix elevator

I have recentley installed a bixler 2 on my transmitter. Using y harness, reversed one of the flap servos using gear channel and aux. 1 with switch B 2 way
switch. Up for takeoff, and down for flaps. However, I am still trying to figure out how to mix in a bit of elevator. Read the manual and been on the net
with very little explanation. DX6 is not too detailed in my opinion for me to figure it out. I understand basic programming of the DX6, but mixing makes
me a bit nervous for fear I will cancel out some of my other r/c planes by mistake. I am 80 years of age. However still determined how to figure things out.

Hoping I can get some expert instructions. This is my last hope. If not, I will just have to apply down elevator manually when using the flaps.
Thanks guys.

Louis Petrolia [email protected]
Old 08-20-2017, 03:31 PM
stuntman718
My Feedback: (4)

Hi Louis,
Is the Bixler 2 you got from hobby king? Because the one I saw on HK does not have flaps. If be you have to setup Flaperon I transmitter . Let me know I can walk you through the steps either way. I have a DX9 it sets up the same way. I will give step by step let me know
Old 08-20-2017, 04:16 PM
petrolia

Default Dx6

Thanks for your email. Yes this is the bixler 2 from Hobby King with Flaps. All that was necessary was to install the two additional
servos required and the ESC. At the moment I have it set up with y adapter in channel 5 and aux 1 which works fine. I would prefer
to continue with this setup rather than changing to flaperons. Would prefer a bit of down elevator if you can walk me through. As
indicated earlier, I am using switch B.
Thanks again stuntman.

Louis
Old 08-20-2017, 05:36 PM
petrolia

Default Dx6

I must correct myself Suntman. I said that I had a y adapter for the flaps. Not so. I just connected one servo in gear channel 5 and the other servo in aux. 1.
Sorry about that.

Louis
Old 08-20-2017, 07:52 PM
stuntman718

Hi Louis,
Step by step ; 1) Hold scroll down, turn on transmitter
2) scroll down to system setup tap scroll
3) scroll down to aircraft type, tap scroll scroll down to flap tap scroll . On page 13 of manual
4) tap back button to get to system setup tap scroll to get channel assign. Assign the flaps to the channels you have them plugged into. On Page 16 in manual
5) hit back button 3 or 4 times to get out. of this menu
6) on main page you should see flap option scroll down to that tap scroll to get into flap menu on page 35 of manual
7) scroll down to switch, tap scroll to highlight flip switch you want to assign to flap tap scroll to get out now scroll up to position 0 tap scroll you can now program flap. tap scroll now you can program elevator
8) tap scroll flip switch to other position you should be in pos 1 tap scroll to highlight flap change setting tap scroll highlight elevator, change setting there
hope it works P>S> when you tap scroll you are going into enter Alan
Old 08-21-2017, 06:18 AM
petrolia

Default DX6 flaps and mixed elevator

Thank you so much stuntman718. Your instructions were great, After only a few attempts, everything works as I expected. With your direction and simple to understand instructions, I gained additional understanding of my spektrum DX6. I have been trying to attempt this for at least 2 weeks. You have made my day.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your knowledge and understanding to help an 80 year old!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the eclipse today.

Louis Petrolia
Old 08-21-2017, 07:58 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts

The flap menu is great but it doesn't appear until you tell the radio that you have flaps in the system menu.

The biggest advantages are that elevator compensation, flap throw, and transition speed are all in one place.

The other, not immediately apparent issue, is that if you use a P-Mix to setup your elevator compensation, and you have your flaps slowed down in the servo menu, then the mix comes on instantly and the flaps take a few seconds to catch up, this isn't desirable. With the flap speed set in the flap menu, the elevator compensation comes in at the same rate as flap travel.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:39 PM
stuntman718

Hi Louis,
I am glad to help. I am glad it worked out for you. The spektrum is pretty straight forward to program and easy
Your Welcome, Alan
Old 08-21-2017, 06:13 PM
stuntman718

Hi Louis,
A thought came to my head. Are you going to use flaps on take off? If you are you need to use a 3 position switch. One position is to be use for flying. If not you are setup to fly. That is set to flap and elevator to zero, so nothing gets activated. It is great to hear you are flying at 80. I have a member in my club that is 85. We have to keep an eye on him. He takes off lands good . Doesn't stay up long 2 or 3 laps. Then lands.
Alan