DLE Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 06:20 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DLE Problems

Originally Posted by BadAzzMaxx
The problem with the double spark on the RCexl sensors has been going on for over a year, there are a couple of the well known RC engines that have gone with a different ignition company because of the problem.

When I found the problem I started replacing the sensor on the RCexl when I sell and have not had a problem with the ignitions.

The only RCexl ignition I sell are the twin ignitions and got a new order last week and they still have the problem sensors with them.

On the timing, If you can not believe the manufacture who can you believe.

Milton

I recently purchased a twin ignition from you. I set the timing at 29 degrees with a dial indicator. I cannot get the engine to rev up over 4K.
If I open the throttle more it quits. I have checked out the tank and installed a carb that worked ok on another engine
Could that pick up be a problem? the engine is an RCS44B2
Old 09-25-2015, 09:11 AM
dirtybird

Originally Posted by jwrich
Thank you Carlos for your work with these engines. I still have a problem understanding what is the best setting to run these DLE engines. I have two DLE 35 and one DLE 30 plus a CRCR 26 and RCGF 15. I have always run Zenoah engines, 38s & 26, with the magnito system. I am currently running one 35 with no problems, so I have not mess with it. However, the DLE 30 has never run right, at first I thought it was the carb. So I ordered a new Walbro carb from Valley View RC, still not right. So I will try to check the firing with the degree wheel.

I see you are still flying the Citabria. Mine crashed because of radio failure, total loss.

Thanks again
Rich
I bought a ring for my DLE 30 from Frank Borman. With the instructions that came with the ring was that the Chinese engines need the bottom end cleaned up to remove any machining errors.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:40 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtybird
I bought a ring for my DLE 30 from Frank Borman. With the instructions that came with the ring was that the Chinese engines need the bottom end cleaned up to remove any machining errors.
While that was once the case, more and more these engines exhibit quite good quality out of the box. I have examined the reed cage on all my DLE engines, and only the ones bought 4 - 5 years ago needed any attention and even those were not that bad. Sadly, the reputation for poor quality remains when 95% plus of the issues were resolved long ago.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:06 PM
BadAzzMaxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To Dirtybird

If you bought the ignition within the last year it should not have one of the problem sensors but anything is possible.

If you could sent me a picture of the sensor I could tell you for sure.

Email to use
[email protected]

Milton
Old 09-27-2015, 08:26 AM
dirtybird

I just checked it. There is no double spark while turning it over by hand
Old 09-28-2015, 07:58 AM
BadAzzMaxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dirtybird
I just checked it. There is no double spark while turning it over by hand
Call me
678 372 7697

Milton
Old 09-29-2015, 09:29 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BADAZZMAXX:

You and I once corresponded about the fact that the timing tool and the tester for the RCEXL ignition would not work on your RCXP ignition. (I don't remember, was it the digital tachs too?) Is/was this due to sensor problems? Is it still true?

Thanks,
AV8TOR