Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Will Brison survive?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 03:43 PM
marzo91
My Feedback: (57)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Brison survive?

What's the scoop on Brison? It seems Gary and his shop could be on the way out. Not that they wanted it that way. All of the Brison owners
were treated great by the guys at the shop. I bought my Brison because his engine quality, and the service, if needed. If both of these are gone, we may just have to get the D.A.s. What's up????
Old 09-19-2005, 05:13 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Will Brison survive?

Every year or two you hear this rumor.
I am not saying that it is true or false, just that it happens every year or two.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:39 PM
uLTRASPORT1000
My Feedback: (8)

I just spoke with them today to order a 5.8. It didn't sound like they were having a fire sale.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:47 PM
Flip and Fly

Well their web sight is down, but then again it could mean nothing!
Old 09-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Diablo-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Unless they have announced they are going out of business, please don't start any rumors. I'm sure it only hurts their business. Was that your intention?
Old 09-19-2005, 07:29 PM
Flip and Fly

Could not agree more, they make fine motors, getting lots of use out of my 2.4.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:40 PM
bentgear

Well, lets see, the rumor I heard today is they are fixing to start gold plating all the screw heads and reduce all prices by 40%. Plus they will include a prop and spinner along with free overnight shipping if you just ask.

For some strange reason my gut tells me both rumors are wrong.

Ed M.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:36 PM
marzo91

Hey, I couldn't be happier with my 3.2. No, I'm NOT starting any rumors. Just stating I'll only buy a Brison from Gary. There is no rumor or secret. I certainly would NEVER start a rumor to hurt ANYONES business. Call him and ask him yourself. There will be no firesale from Gary. Unsold engines will go east. Where does this leave Gary? I don't know either. Sounds to me the guy who worked his butt off is getting the shaft in the end.
P.S. It's funny how some people jump a guy and say he's starting rumors, when they don't know for sure what they're talking about.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:03 AM
torqmeister

You tell us, what's up? Where did you here that Brison is going out of business? Who is shafting Gary, and why? It was my understanding that he sells every engine that he can manufacture. so where are all of these unsold engines? If it's not a rumor, but fact, then you should be able to give us some particulars. If you can't back up your statements, this would be a seedy & underhanded thing to do. Also, if you can't substantiate this quickly, please retract it & apologizefor it.
ORIGINAL: marzo91

Hey, I couldn't be happier with my 3.2. No, I'm NOT starting any rumors. Just stating I'll only buy a Brison from Gary. There is no rumor or secret. I certainly would NEVER start a rumor to hurt ANYONES business. Call him and ask him yourself. There will be no firesale from Gary. Unsold engines will go somewhere else. Where does this leave Gary? I don't know either. Sounds to me the guy who worked his butt off is getting the shaft in the end.
P.S. It's funny how some people jump a guy and say he's starting rumors, when they don't know for sure what they're talking about.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:14 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

If you guys only "heard" whats going on at Brison or anywhere else for that matter it should not be thrown out here for endless unsubstantiated speculation.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:48 AM
marzo91

When I started the post, I was trying to learn more about this myself. Nothing underhanded going on here. I won't apoligize or retract anything. I never said Brison was going out of business. My post title was, "Will Brison Survive?" When I said I "heard" this, I heard it from Gary last week. You should call him. You let us know what you find out.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:38 AM
carlosponti

ORIGINAL: bentgear

Well, lets see, the rumor I heard today is they are fixing to start gold plating all the screw heads and reduce all prices by 40%. Plus they will include a prop and spinner along with free overnight shipping if you just ask.

For some strange reason my gut tells me both rumors are wrong.

Ed M.
those rumors would be nice ha ha
Old 09-20-2005, 11:02 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

It is of utmost importance that we tell the story right, "I heard" does not lead up anyone believing you stated a fact.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:38 PM
discusmike
My Feedback: (2)

Just recently bought a 5.8 for my 1/4 scale spit,fired up in 3 flips,unlike my zenoahs,i have to flood with gas,and its a damn good motor,did not sound to me like they were going out of business anytime soon,the quality is outstanding on the motor,i have no complaints,and for the price you cant beat them.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:52 PM
raptor 8

me and my buddy just ordered two of these throu our local hobby shop. very nice motors. they will be going in our ordered bme yaks.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:24 PM
bentgear

Wish my rumor was the one that was true but its not, seems my gut lied to me. While Brison is not shutting down, production is moving to Canada. Most of the sales have been handled out of New York for some time now and will continue to be.

Ed M.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:38 PM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

Well if the same people that are making the Revolution 52 are going to be producing the Brison line [sm=disappointed.gif]

Of course, if you think DA or BME engine parts are made in the USA, think again.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:34 PM
marzo91

Unfortunately, I think you may have the right idea now. Again I'll say, "I'll only buy a Brison from Gary."
Old 09-20-2005, 10:22 PM
Skribnod

Hey guy's, I talked to Gary last week and he wasn't too pleased with the "revolution" engine. Seems the engine has more than it's share of problems and the investors are takeing it to canada to finish production. Gary was a thorn in their side since he wanted to get the engine " right" before going into full production. He stated several of the issue's with the engine and after a hour long conversation with him I was so confident in him I will only buy one of "His" engines. He did mention he was unsure of the future of Brison but did go on to state he was not giving up on engine building. I think he's in turmoil with the new investors and wishes it was just him and his father building the engines once again. All we can do is support him and keep a eye out for what the future holds. Brison engines are a excellent engine and the guy's at brison do a stand up job for service and help..... even on non-brison engines. I say they are A+++ in my book and will get my business in the future.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:35 PM
kolarshooter

FACT: I was told by one of Gary's people that engine production was moving to Canada.

I don't know what this means to us regarding engine quality, availability, etc.

From a domestic marketing perspective, I think that moving to Canada will likely be a negative. One of the reasons I bought this engine was that the manufacturer was in Texas. Not an importer, not some distributor, but the actual manufacturer. I called there today and Gary himself answered the phone. Nice fellow. Difficult to get that level of support from ZDZ or Zenoah (not taking anything away from those engines.)

I am impressed with my engine so far. I hope all works out for the best with Brison. Based upon my (admittedly limited) experience, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Brison engine. Until evidence surfaces to change my mind, I for one will continue to assume that Brison engines will not degrade just because they've moved their facility north of the border.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:55 PM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

The Revolution 52 engines are cast and machined in China and assembled in Canada, not really made in Canada.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:42 AM
Geistware

I am sorry to hear that Brison may not be 100% Texas made.
I know all companies go though growing pains when they expand, but the Brison line of engines and service is very hard to beat!
Old 09-21-2005, 10:33 AM
DaddySam
My Feedback: (9)

I had "Heard", "Through the Grapevine", not substantiated, that Brison had been bought by Kangke (sp) and that Gary and company were employees of that parent company. This was some months ago, before I started seeing Kangke ads in the magazines that also advertised Brison engines. If the company does go north, maybe Gary will start something new to take its place. I can't emphasize enough that this is NOT first hand knowledge.
Sam
Old 09-21-2005, 11:21 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Somewhat like SIG and FPE engines[8D]
Old 09-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Geistware

SIG never let FPE become the company they could have been.
Just as the company was taking off, here come SIG and the engines stopped being talked about. I had tried to get one teice, there there was always a reason I had to wait. The reason wasn't valid. At least with Brison, if you had to wait, you were told why, told how long it would be, and usually get your engine on time or early.
ORIGINAL: RCIGN1

Somewhat like SIG and FPE engines[8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.