Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Aero-Works 50cc Yak

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aero-Works 50cc Yak

how will a 3w-75 fit on it??
Old 01-16-2006, 12:43 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The horns will stay the same on the next batch but will be predrilled so you just screw um on. We will have carbon avalible but it will not come with the plane. As for the 75 i would just wait on our 75cc yak for that motor.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:46 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Do you know the distance from the front of the cowl to the front of the Eng Box?

Doug
Old 01-17-2006, 08:35 PM
My Feedback: (9)

Mark, I have a BME 50 that I want to put in this plane (I ordered one today from Gene Payson). Will this engine fit without cutting a hole in the side of the cowling for the carb? The engine also has a Pitts muffler, will this fit by just cutting the bottom of the cowl?

Thanks,
Butch
Old 01-17-2006, 08:52 PM

I am not familier with the BME so i cant say for sure but i can tell you that the cowl is 9.5" long.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:03 PM

The distance from the front of the cowl to motor box is 7 inches.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:35 PM
sig
My Feedback: (42)

when is this plane coming? The arriaval date was jan. is it in route?
Old 01-23-2006, 11:52 PM

We had to push the dilivery date back to mid feb due to making another run since the first container was all sold so now there will be 2 containers of 50cc yaks coming.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:14 AM
My Feedback: (18)

Hi Mark, I saw the yak and talked to Rocco at the AMA show. I am very impressed with the 50cc and the 75cc yak as well as the 35% 260. Really nice designs and if these are representative of the production models I wish very good things to aeroworks!

Joe Kelley
Old 01-24-2006, 05:35 PM

Thank you for the kind words and yes the production models will look identical to what you saw at the AMA show.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:11 PM
My Feedback: (23)

When is the 75cc version due out? Also, what are the specs on it and does it require two or just one servo per wing?
Old 01-24-2006, 07:27 PM

Wing Span -94"
Length- 81 1/2" No spinner
Wing area-1609
Projected wing loading-27 oz per square in.
Pipe tunnel length-30"
Cowl diameter-10 3/4"

* Remember this is the first prototype so things may change from know till production.

We are hoping to have them in the states in about 3 months. There are openings for 2 servos in each wing but if you use a 8611a or 5955 you would be fine with 1. The ailerons are huge on this plane and need the power from the servos.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:38 PM

Hey Mark, for those of us who have patiently waiting for the first run of your Yak's to arrive, I'm a little put out by the fact that we are now waiting for the second run to be completed before they will be shipped. That upsets me more than just a little. I'm glad that Aeroworks has not charge my credit card to date.

I fail to understand the business logic to hold the first run. If it's already sold out - SHIP THEM and start your revenue stream. It's not saving Aeroworks any transportation cost because your ordering a container full, now two. I fail to see the logic except to tick-off modelers who understood the expected arrival date - January.

Now that we have two runs coming and Aeroworks has changed the production some (pre-drilled holes) who is going to get which kits for which run. I'm sorry to rant but this is missed up. This isn't my first kit from you folks but I thought you guys had turned to corner on customer support - that may have been a premature accessment.

NOT HAPPY... []
Old 01-24-2006, 07:41 PM

Hey Mark, for those of us who have patiently waiting for the first run of your Yak's to arrive, I'm a little put out by the fact that we are now waiting for the second run to be completed before they will be shipped. That upsets me more than just a little. I'm glad that Aeroworks has not charge my credit card to date.

I fail to understand the business logic to hold the first run. If it's already sold out - SHIP THEM and start your revenue stream. It's not saving Aeroworks any transportation cost because your ordering a container full, now two. I fail to see the logic except to tick-off modelers who understood the expected arrival date - January.

Now that we have two runs coming and Aeroworks has changed the production some (pre-drilled holes) who is going to get which kits for which run. I'm sorry to rant but this is missed up. This isn't my first kit from you folks but I thought you guys had turned to corner on customer support - that may have been a premature accessment.

NOT HAPPY... []
Old 01-24-2006, 07:58 PM

Ernsbarger, we did not do this due to the fact that we wanted to save money on the shipping cost but for another reason intierly. We asked our manufacterer to do another run of the yak due to the overwelhming demand for the airplane and as some may know china is a very busy place but they are also very efficient. Also you must remeber that all of these planes are built from jigs that must be set up every run for the plane. We are also not the only company using this manufacterer. Due to all of these facts we decided along with our manufacterers that instead of making people wait for 3 or 4 months for another shipment we would do one right now whill the jigs where up. So in reality we are not making another run just adding to the one we already had and they are done and will soon be on there way. I am sorry that we upset you but remeber that we only delayed our shipment for a month and that some have been delayed for as long as a year.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:29 PM

Mark, while I appriate the quick response but it doesn't explain the delay in shipping the first production run. If the manufacture is that busy surely they would want to clear the space for the second run. The logic just seems to be flawed.

Anxiously waiting...Again. What is it about Yaks?
Old 01-24-2006, 09:19 PM
My Feedback: (23)

Would it be difficult to get the 50cc Yak to balance with a 4 lbs. engine like an Evolution 58?
Old 01-24-2006, 09:34 PM

No not at all it would only require that you move the batts around and it would balance fine. Personaly i think at our altitude this motor would be insane on the Yak.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:43 PM
My Feedback: (54)

Delays on ARF's arriving from China are the norm. No company has been immune to this so you have to deal with it or buy a plane that is already in stock.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:00 PM

Mark, I have a Sachs 3.7 that weighs 5 lbs. How do you think it will work on this plane? I'm more intersted in IMAC type pattern work than 3D type of flying.

Thanks
Randy
Old 01-24-2006, 11:07 PM

Five pounds is getting a little heavy. What are the hp numbers for it? it may be better sutied for the 75cc yak if there high enough.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:47 AM

Ernsbarger, I dont think they finish half and just have them sitting there while they do the second batch, it would seem they just doubled the order, so they build twice as many frames, then twice as many wings ect ect then when thats done start covering or finishing the entire order at once, plus there is the issue of hardware or any other items that they may order to do a run twice the size of there original plan, I too am waiting on mine. also ordered another plane that wont be here until late Feb and also ordered one 8 months ago that I still have no idea when its coming, but thats just how it is sometimes.

Good things come to those who wait

Doug
Old 01-25-2006, 09:50 AM
My Feedback: (-1)

jdcook54
you got it ,,i'mwaiting,i want one so you wait to get it,,
when you order a car and they tell you 1 month then next thing its 6 later,,if you want it you wait,,

i think everyones can't wait ,they wanna be 1st at the feild,,
Old 01-25-2006, 11:31 AM
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was looking forward to this airplane and liked the color scheme. I too am disappointed in the lack of scale detail on the shape of the fuselage. I also think that the cowl should accomodate the stock DA muffler.

Aviation Models seems to be the best Yak on the market for the money. They have addressed all the above issues and its readily avaliable, ready to ship from the USA. www.aerobaticmodels.com

Love the scheme.

Maby this airplane would work well with a 2.1 Moki but fuel consumption is an issue. Perhaps the slimline muffler isn't a big performance loss but it does increase the cost of getting airborne.

Old 01-28-2006, 01:14 AM

I signed up on this ship today. Rocco and the guys there were nice enough to test fit the fuse in my car. Yes, my CAR. It slid in (with the stabs off) through the door and into the trunk no problem. lol

Then Rocco gave me a flier with a picture of the Yak on there... as if to torment me for another few weeks.

The plane looks awesome in person and in the video. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.