RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/)
-   -   Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/5452111-extreme-flight-88%22-yak-build-fly.html)

baam 11-18-2007 11:01 PM

RE: Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly

i added a pice of 3/4 wood from a long oval needle point ring at the longest part of the oval and placed a 3/16 square stock aginst it so it flushed against the side of the canopy this made it removeable and painted it black so it looks like part of the canopy of an org yak adds great support to the canopy/ also placed a rib just in front of the clear and added some fome with sticky tape between it and the fronribs for dappining made a huge diff any questions call me 254-541-9349

baam 11-18-2007 11:05 PM

does anyone have a new stock gear and fearing they want to sell also need a cowl but will prob have to order---any trouble out there with the wing tightening nut vibrating loose and wing sliding out on spare happened to me today(that why the gear and fairings) any ideas of a fix would be great. It was one hell a ride down trust me

baam 11-18-2007 11:25 PM

for the cracks at the back of canopy i had 7/8 black vinal graphic and trimed the back looks great also ran some med ca around the inside of the canopy where the plastic meets the wood

decoy26 11-19-2007 10:59 PM

Not trying to use silicon or shoe goo over and over but I would put a little on your threads for your wing bolt wipe almost all of it off you only need a little and run into the wing and back out let it dry and it should take up the slack. That is what I would do anyway...

bgold 11-20-2007 02:15 AM

Drill a 1/16 hole through the anti rotation dowel as close to the inside of the fusealage as possible and put a "hairpin" cotter pin through it after wing is bolted on. That little piece of insurance will hold your wing in place in case the bolt comes loose or falls out. I have had it happen and it works. Wild Hare planes come that way, I've been using it ever since I first saw it and it's easy to do.

Bill

yarom 11-20-2007 12:47 PM

Bill is right - I do this to all my planes.

The QQ planes come like this as well. Actually, they ONLY use washers, rubber grommets and cotter pins on all 4 of the anti-rotation aluminum dowels...

alansh 11-20-2007 03:02 PM

could some one show a photo of thier throttle curve on a JR tx
alansh

lastresort 11-20-2007 04:23 PM

I don't have a photo,but I just pulled the center point of the flat curve from 50% to 38.5%.I seemed to help on my Brillelli 60 with ES composites tuned pipe.I hope this helps.If you need more help shoot me a PM.

yarom 11-20-2007 05:03 PM

If you start at 25% on point 3, like they show in the book, and add expo, it curves out nicely and is an excellent base. After that, every engine has a different curve depending on the carb settings.

xtraflyr 11-20-2007 05:05 PM

I just realized were at 200 pages on this thread!!:D. And were still learning stuff with this perfect plane!! Lets keep it up!!!

Cya..
Frank

Flyin Hawaiian 11-20-2007 05:15 PM

Isn't it funny how the Extreme Flight Build threads always reach some rediculus number:D. But that goes to show what kind of impression that Chris & Company and Extreme Flight RC has on this AWESOME HOBBY!

All you new guys that come along and take a peek, ask any question that you may have. I don't care how many times it has been asked earlier in this thread. There is always somebody here to give a hand, and share there expierences with the subject at hand, and so you can make the right decisions, so you can get the most out of your model. That's another thing I like about this AWESOME HOBBY! There is always friendly folks out there ready to help.[sm=thumbup.gif]

Josey Wales 11-20-2007 05:16 PM

Rennie any word on the 110" Yaks from Chris ? Is he back from China yet ?

Flyin Hawaiian 11-20-2007 05:26 PM

Yes, Chris is back. Of course he is busy getting caught up and back to speed. Stay tuned cause Chris always has something exciting to say when he gets back from China.

Yes, my 100cc Yak is on its way, hopefully some time next week![sm=thumbup.gif]

Stay tuned for Build Thread.... I mean assembly thread,........ or should I stay politically correct and say "the assembly of an well enginereered aerodynamic marvel of natural and manmade materials, together with the selection of the best available technology that hard working hands can pay for, then go out fly like a junkie,.. jones'n for that EXTREME FLIGHT "Huck Rush"!" ....................thread........................ .

Okay......"Build Thread" it is. :eek:

xtraflyr 11-20-2007 05:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Josey Wales

Rennie any word on the 110" Yaks from Chris ? Is he back from China yet ?
Darn you Josey!! That was my question to Rennie[sm=punching.gif].... I was wondering if Rennie was doing a build and fly on it yet..:eek:

yarom 11-20-2007 08:40 PM

Actually I just did it myself this week.

Added throttle curve, three rates, mix for downline and mix for KE.

Just came back from the field and very happy with it - the curve allows to control throttle at low to mid RPM much better. My hovers, harriers and flat spins are way more controlled...

Works incredibly

ORIGINAL: yarom

If you start at 25% on point 3, like they show in the book, and add expo, it curves out nicely and is an excellent base. After that, every engine has a different curve depending on the carb settings.

lastresort 11-20-2007 09:00 PM

I want to ask you guys what benifits you recieve from adding a power expander to your setups.I'm currently running dual lipos on a superreg and a pcm reciever.I don't know anyone running an expander and thought I would ask.Also I'll be switching to 2.4 9303 as soon as I can.

decoy26 11-20-2007 09:14 PM

Lastresort, you will get lots of opinions on this one. I am running the sport power expander with A123's I decided for two reasons, 1. I wanted my receiver to always get the required voltage since I am running Spektrum 2. To get the dual battery redundancy along with the convience of the optical kill switch built in. Most on here will tell you that is too much and it weighs to much and so on. I look at it this way I have way to much money wrapped up in this plane to take a chance. I basically have 5oz more than anyone else and that is ok with me I have some horse power under the hood Brillelli 366GT. So no worries here, besides I cannot 3D like the flyin Hawaiian anyway! I am more interested in IMAC and it will work perfect for that.

yarom 11-20-2007 09:20 PM

I did this on the EF 88 as a trial to prepare for the 35% I am building now.

Main advantage is isolating the receiver circuit from the power to the servos. Even if I stress all surfaces or one of them binds, the power to the receiver will still be regulated 5.1V. Since I fly Spektrum gear, it's important to me to not have the Rx reboot when voltage drops for any reason.

Once I move to the 35%, power goes directly into the Expander from two A123 batteries. Here again, the Expander isolates and regulates to the receiver and throttle, while the other 8 5955 servos get 6.6V directly from the batteries. The regulator is gone.

Some of the new expanders provide servo matching and optical engine cutoff. I'd rather separate that with a module and Hitecs don't need servo matching (matchbox).

ORIGINAL: lastresort

I want to ask you guys what benifits you recieve from adding a power expander to your setups.I'm currently running dual lipos on a superreg and a pcm reciever.I don't know anyone running an expander and thought I would ask.Also I'll be switching to 2.4 9303 as soon as I can.

acron45 11-21-2007 04:46 AM

Hi all, this is my first post on this forum and Im a first time owner of the yak. Its also my first big plane.... I purchased it from Precision Aerobatics as a bundle with the DL50. Anyway, Just been fitting it all together and I have noticed that the carbon rod that runs through the stab is too long. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this problem. Im sure that I have the rod completely in the stab but it seems about 1cm too long and both elevator halves wont slot into the fuse properly.

Flyin Hawaiian 11-21-2007 05:43 AM

Hey Acron45,

The Stab tube and sometimes the main Wing tube comes from EF supplier too long. Its better it comes too long than not long enough. Just cut off what needs to come off. As far as the Stabs not going all the way in, you may need to open up the alignment pin holes, just a little, but not too much. Try for a snug fit. Some times temperatures and humitdity will cause this. Remember it has come a long way and several climate zones, on a slow-boat from China to your house. Also if you have the Rumble Bee Scheme (Black & Yellow), you will need to touch up the black ultracote after it sits in the sun a bit. Its just the nature of the color. Lets us know how it turns out.

By the way, Welcome to the next level!

Flyin Hawaiian 11-21-2007 09:26 AM

Hey all you Yakkin' Turkeys!

Just wanted to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving and a Blessed and Joyous Holiday Season!

Happy Skies and God Bless!

tashley 11-21-2007 11:50 AM

Same to ya.

AirWizard 11-21-2007 12:01 PM

Gobble Gobble Gobble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

pfoot748 11-21-2007 12:17 PM

Rennie, how many of the 110" may be here next week? Are these production models or will it be a new prototype since the wingspan change? Also, does that mean the 58" Extra may be here next week too!

Flyin Hawaiian 11-21-2007 12:28 PM

pfoot,

Mine is the prototype production since the WS change to 110", Look for Build thread here on RCU!.

I would imagine the 58", the 50cc Extras will be here 1st part of December. Chris is back from China and is getting back up to speed. Look for announcement from him soon. You know he always has some exciting news every time he gets back from China!