Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Welcome to Club SAITO !

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 05:00 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

"suppository guns" outch

OF, you don't have one of them do you ?? I hope not !!

I love Saitos, I hope to own more than one some time !!

Jim

Last edited by the Wasp; 12-20-2017 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:18 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

You will, I'm sure
Old 12-21-2017, 06:51 AM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SrTelemaster150
BTW, I ride a bicycle and a lot of the people that drive 4 wheelers are arseholes..
Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
You are right they all think 4 wheel drive is a substitute for driving skill. A buddy of mine would off road his 72 Chevy half ton pickup. He loved pulling up on a buried to the axle 4 wheeler, whip around him and back up. He would get out while the idiot was still trying to dig it out to look. He would say DANG! You buried it all right. Then get back in his truck and leave. I'm sure he didn't make any friends that way but it was seriously funny!
I was referring to automobiles driven on the road when I referenced "4 wheelers". If they want respect from bicyclists, they need to show some respect. I didn't realize the extent of the problem until I started riding a bicycle in public roads. On roads with narrow shoulders, cars will pass far too close without even slowing down. I avoid such roads when I can.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:22 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

Recently, my city has started building dedicated bike trails/Paths running parallel to the city streets like a sidewalk. They are good 6 to 8 feet wide asphalt with a concrete curb on each side with ramps at all street crossings. They are also adding what they called Bike stripped lanes on existing streets. The first phase was funded as part of our MAP3 public works project with revenue coming from a 1 cent sales tax for a specified period (i think4 to 6 years). Total miles will be about 225 miles. Phase II has not been funded yet but they hope to add another 300+ miles of bike trails, paths, and lanes. Mountain bike and nature trails are included in both phases.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:42 AM
the Wasp

You will, I'm sure​​​​​
I am really undecided on what one to buy for my VQ P-40 (62" span), supposedly it's the latest, up to date model so it's lighter than the older ones, so I would think it wouldn't weigh-in no less than 9 pounds with retracts and struts, and I have seen videos of the Top Flight Corsair fly with the OS V95 (most likely on 30%) and it really climbed out (they said 9 pounds empty, whatever that means ???), so I know a Saito 100 would be OK in my P-40 (I plan to burn 20%), but I would like a bit more power than the 100, I feel the Saito 115 is over priced, so I guess it's the 125, if there is a spring sale it will be ordered then

Jim
Old 12-21-2017, 03:30 PM
Rudolph Hart

Originally Posted by Hobbsy
You will, I'm sure
I would'nt bet big money on that one dave.Jim seems fixated on a few dollars in price difference between the saito fa115 and 125 if there is one.If news of that gets out he could become a fatal victim of the so called suppository gun.Could be just another urban myth but why take the risk?
Old 12-21-2017, 04:37 PM
Hobbsy

5 bucks more for the 1.25 is a no brainer.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:28 PM
SrTelemaster150

Recently, my city has started building dedicated bike trails/Paths running parallel to the city streets like a sidewalk. They are good 6 to 8 feet wide asphalt with a concrete curb on each side with ramps at all street crossings. They are also adding what they called Bike stripped lanes on existing streets. The first phase was funded as part of our MAP3 public works project with revenue coming from a 1 cent sales tax for a specified period (i think4 to 6 years). Total miles will be about 225 miles. Phase II has not been funded yet but they hope to add another 300+ miles of bike trails, paths, and lanes. Mountain bike and nature trails are included in both phases.
That's great, And they should be commended, but whoever decided to put curbs on each side had a severe brain fart. That will do nothing but cause injuries. I've never seen a bike path with curbs, Curbs leave no escape path in case of an emergency maneuver. Just imagine a kid wiping out in front of an adult riding at 10 mph. With curbs the adutt would either run over the kid of wipe out when they side swiped the curb.

Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 12-21-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:39 PM
the Wasp

he could become a fatal victim of the so called suppository gun
I'll have to be careful, I don't want that LOL

is a no brainer
yeeaa I thought that a long time ago, but I like the 115 because it's the odd of the 3

Jim
Old 12-22-2017, 02:07 AM
Rudolph Hart

Dave you can spill more than five bucks worth of beer just getting back to your seat from the bar.

Sr 10mph is pretty fast for walkers or joggers but they are usually found on footpaths and they only get run over now and then by a motorist on a mobile phone.Cyclists however,intrude in our space and demanding respect first is a practical example of low survival skills and watching to many 'reality tv shows' i'm half pulling your leg.Do you think dave has a valid train of thought when it comes to his dogmatic defence of the bloody mongrel saito fa125 ? does he view the saito fa115 as a more energetic younger slimmer and with no wrinkles engine that older opinions struggle to accept.

ps slow pushbike riders in the hills rates only second to slow harley riders in the hills
Old 12-22-2017, 06:01 AM
Hobbsy

I have been trying to sort out why the cylinders on a 1.00-T feel different when flipped. According the Clarence Lee, the cylinders have a 25 degree difference in timing between them. Also, the right cylinder has a 7.6 to 1 compression ratio and the left has an 8.2 to 1 compression ration. Go figure.

With Progressive 440, 13.5" shocks on the rear and Progressive fork springs I can scrub my rear tires clean from edge to edge without the bottom muffler touching down.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:07 PM
Swifterdon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First time posting on RC universe, so please bear with me... modeling over 50 years and bought my first Saito about five years ago. I think I have about 15 now and always looking for a reason to buy another! Especially like the FA72 and FA90 but the 180 runs like a beast...

How do I officially join the Saito club and get a number?

Swifterdon in Oregon
AMA 2382
Old 12-22-2017, 01:16 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

That's great, And they should be commended, but whoever decided to put curbs on each side had a severe brain fart. That will do nothing but cause injuries. I've never seen a bike path with curbs, Curbs leave no escape path in case of an emergency maneuver. Just imagine a kid wiping out in front of an adult riding at 10 mph. With curbs the adutt would either run over the kid of wipe out when they side swiped the curb.
I called them curbs but the are actually level with the ground and the asphalt surface, nothing is sticking up so there is no hazard. I think the purpose of the concrete is to hold the asphalt in place and keep the edge from crumbling if riders inadvertently go into the grass.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:01 PM
SrTelemaster150

I called them curbs but the are actually level with the ground and the asphalt surface, nothing is sticking up so there is no hazard. I think the purpose of the concrete is to hold the asphalt in place and keep the edge from crumbling if riders inadvertently go into the grass.
Yeah, that makes sense.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:28 PM
SrTelemaster150

Originally Posted by Old Fart
Dave you can spill more than five bucks worth of beer just getting back to your seat from the bar.

.Do you think dave has a valid train of thought when it comes to his dogmatic defence of the bloody mongrel saito fa125 ? does he view the saito fa115 as a more energetic younger slimmer and with no wrinkles engine that older opinions struggle to accept.
Kind of like comparing a 290 HP 302 Z28 SB Chevy engine to a 300 HP 327 SB. Yeah, the 327 supposedly make more power.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:01 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Around here some bike riders get an attitude. A lot of college kids and the yuppie crowd get into their skin tight leotards and hit the country roads expecting these old timers in their pickups to avoid hitting them. Seems like a fools game to me. Half of those farmer's trucks barely have brakes, they run on bald tires, and their headlights probably don't work.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:16 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by blw
Around here some bike riders get an attitude. A lot of college kids and the yuppie crowd get into their skin tight leotards and hit the country roads expecting these old timers in their pickups to avoid hitting them. Seems like a fools game to me. Half of those farmer's trucks barely have brakes, they run on bald tires, and their headlights probably don't work.
Same around here. The idiots ride shoulder to shoulder 4-6 abreast taking up the entire lanes, and WONT MOVE over when someone is approaching. Roads out here are hilly with lots of blind areas where you can top a hill and run into a group of them and not know they were there. What is even worse, they have rallies every so often and these groups of idiots not only take up the roads, they also blow through stop signs on intersections that their road has the only stop. There is a thing called rules of the road for bikes, and I doubt any one of those fools has even opened one. What really ticks me off, there is a very nice bike path just up the road from me that is at least 15 miles long, and yet they have to crowd the roads.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:37 PM
SrTelemaster150

Originally Posted by blw
Sounds to me to me like those farmer's trucks aren't roadworthy and don't belong in the highways in the 1st place. And BTW,m if they do hit the bicycles, guess who is at fault? It would be no different than hitting a pedestrian. From the language in your post, it looks to me like you are the one with an "attitude".
Old 12-23-2017, 01:24 AM
Rudolph Hart

Originally Posted by Swifterdon
First time posting on RC universe, so please bear with me... modeling over 50 years and bought my first Saito about five years ago. I think I have about 15 now and always looking for a reason to buy another! Especially like the FA72 and FA90 but the 180 runs like a beast...

How do I officially join the Saito club and get a number?

Swifterdon in Oregon
AMA 2382
Welcome swifter,you sure? as you can read here we all like saito's though there are members here that dissipate that awesome feeling by owning maybe a saito 125,an OS or some other brand there's no end of teasing an BS sometimes too so don't rely to much on some of the so called figures...some people here have a very dry sense of humour,that,or i'm stupid and slow too.Would you like to list your saito engines here so we can see what you have? i have quite a few but the only multiples are fa82's.Don't tell me you have a 125...

ps barry i'm downloading some custom paint images that i do from a work phone,would you like to see an old fashioned lace and candy paint job i did for a yamaha xs650 cafe racer?
Old 12-23-2017, 04:36 AM
Hobbsy

Originally Posted by blw
I live in big time agricultural country and there a lot of those Farm Use Trucks around here, no license, no inspection, we don't have emission inspection here. We had two,of the Farm Use Trucks when I was growing up, they were never unsafe. You didn't even need a drivers license to drive them. I drove them when I was 12. Both Fords of course.

The Generation 1 small block engines were designed by Ed Cole, they ranged in size from 262 to 400, 262, 265, 267, 283, 301/302, 305, 327, 350 and 400.

Last edited by Hobbsy; 12-23-2017 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-23-2017, 06:01 AM
SrTelemaster150

Originally Posted by blw
. Half of those farmer's trucks barely have brakes, they run on bald tires, and their headlights probably don't work.
Originally Posted by Hobbsy
I live in big time agricultural country and there a lot of those Farm Use Trucks around here, no license, no inspection, we don't have emission inspection here. We had two,of the Farm Use Trucks when I was growing up, they were never unsafe. You didn't even need a drivers license to drive them. I drove them when I was 12. Both Fords of course.

If a truck barely has brakes, bald tires and headlights that don't work, it is unsafe and should not be on the highway.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:09 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

If a truck barely has brakes, bald tires and headlights that don't work, it is unsafe and should not be on the highway.

By that thinking, then never should farm equipment or tractors, or harvesters. We aren't talking about heavily traveled state highways, but back country highways, Rural roads that have no lines on them, aren't very flat, don't really have any crown to speak of that these fools ride 4-6 abreast on. Those farm trucks usually are hauling something from one field to another, some pulling ammonia tanks, or combine heads.

There are times where they wont move over to let me pass, I lay on the horn and get the single finger salute instead. Fine, enjoy the thumb tacks fools.
Old 12-23-2017, 01:53 PM
the Wasp

Swifterdon, welcome home LOL, just so you know we don't need numbers here, just own a Saito and stick your nose in, like I did, you will like these guys. with 15 Saitos I would bet good money that OF already considers that you will be a good friend, just don't tell him about the 125 and you 2 will get along well. and if you do buy a 125 just tell him it's a 115, that's what I'm going to do

Jim
I don't land wrong, I crash correctly LOL

Last edited by the Wasp; 12-23-2017 at 01:55 PM. Reason: I spelled "nose" wrong so I could edit and type something stupid here !!
Old 12-25-2017, 03:56 AM
Hobbsy

Merry Christmas Saito friends, we have one of our Grandaughters and Great Grandson here for the week, busy, busy. Traveling today about 100 miles, back home tomorrow. No snow.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:26 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Pete, I would like to see any and all of your work. When I retired I moved up here to use my GI Bill for college. I'm an art major, believe it or not. I have always been fascinated by your work and techniques. I know this doesn't happen overnight, but from years of trial and lots of error. Yes, please send any and all.

Yep Dan, I do have an attitude at times. I used to bike around in Germany when my Peugeot was big deal, so I know both sides. And, I never dressed up like a fairy to hit the roads with it. I still have it and it's in near mint condition. Original tires too. They go for a good bit of money down here so it will up for sale soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.