Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Programmer problem???

Old 11-14-2005, 04:13 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programmer problem???

I sent in my programmer for the update. I just tried to do a program reset with the programmer. During the procedure the servo will not move to its extremes as it use to. As soon as you press the UP/L & DN/R together the screen immediately shows success without doing any servo movement. It seems that the endpoint program still works but I'm unable to do the reset. Am I doing something wrong or is my programmmer buggered up. I've reset and programmed probably 100 servo's with this unit, it worked perfectly before the update. Thanks Walt
Old 11-15-2005, 12:00 AM
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Programmer problem???

Are you suggesting the programmer originally moved the servo output shaft when you performed a RESET? I don't recall mine ever doing that during a RESET. However in some cases it would rotate the output shaft during the "epaneau" function.

Any who my updated programmer seems to update or Reset the servo much quicker than it used to. To validate the Programmers ability, change some parameters like rotation, dead-band or even travel volume, verify the reprogram took effect and then RESET the servo, if it defaults to factory parameters all is well IMO.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:06 AM

Yes: It says in the manual to disconnect the linkage because the servo rotates close to 180 degrees. When I hit the 2 command buttons simo- the servo rotates to an extreme endpoint pauses and then rotates 180 degrees pauses and then the LCD will show SUCESS...This programmer has done this on every reset I have done before I re-program any Hitec Digital. I will do as you suggested to see if it will default a program I set up. Its a different programmer than it was.....Thanks for the suggestion I'll post what I find, thanks Mike
Old 11-15-2005, 11:12 AM

Mike , It seems to default from any program I put in, I guess its ok. Thanks again, Walt
Old 11-16-2005, 09:32 AM
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Walt

I checked my notes on the previous firmware revisions and you were spot on; the output shaft rotated when a RESET was performed as you noted. I completely forgot about it, go figure...