Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Azzmans LCG Mid Tank Mod

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 03:12 PM
azzman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Azzmans LCG Mid Tank Mod

ORIGINAL: E-maxxer

hey azzman I was wondering is it possible to mount the tanks on the sides almost like the e-savages battery houses and are you placing the tanks for equal weight transfer?
I think the pipe would get in the way and they would be a pain in the butt to fill. I placed them where I did to make the whole truck easier to work on IMO.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:13 PM
azzman

ORIGINAL: Vigilante212

Azzman I just noticed you have a phantom buggy pipe on your savage. I bought the same thing at first took it to work and had them cut the tip with the threaded hole in it off and reweld it for me so I could use it like I wanted to. Then I finally got my phantom savage pipe in the mail its soo much nicer the nipple is at a 90 degree towards the back makes it nice for stock setup. Before I had to rout the return line through the tvp and it was a pain to get at.
Yea, I just re-bent my wire to make it work.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:58 PM
JayC1968
My Feedback: (3)

Original: JayC1968

Nice AZZ.............. I like to see the detail you took to post this........ When you placed pics at RCMTW that are still starter, as you went,

I'm insulted
Bro not sure I really know what this post means...?
[/quote]

I was just playing with ya...
Old 04-26-2007, 09:29 PM
silvergagt04

Ok, I am sketching out the layout of the TVP I am going to fab up. I have decided to go with a 15mm motor/trans drop. I have planned a 10mm extension on the front. Now, that means I can use a rear dogbone in the front, right? I am going to use .125" thick, 6061 aluminum alloy for them. What kind of metal did you use? Am I even in the ballpark when it comes to the design of this? Is there anything else you could tell me about that might help me or prevent a problem that I might run into? Thanks...
Old 04-27-2007, 03:28 AM
Nathan9492

Dude, best savage ive ever seen, FANTASTIC!!![X(][X(][>:][>:][>:]
Old 04-27-2007, 05:06 AM
azzman

ORIGINAL: silvergagt04

Ok, I am sketching out the layout of the TVP I am going to fab up. I have decided to go with a 15mm motor/trans drop. I have planned a 10mm extension on the front. Now, that means I can use a rear dogbone in the front, right? I am going to use .125" thick, 6061 aluminum alloy for them. What kind of metal did you use? Am I even in the ballpark when it comes to the design of this? Is there anything else you could tell me about that might help me or prevent a problem that I might run into? Thanks...
I stretched mine a total of 11 or 12mm, the rear dogbone is used in the front yes, but it is only 6mm longer, to et the extra 4mm I stretched the back a little more AND the front a little more than 6mm, but you will have to use o-rings or small pieces of fuel tubeing in the hubs to centre the bone.

As for dropping it 15mm that may be pushing it a little, I got 10mm comfortably and personally wouldnt want to file any more of the crossbraces (see pic previous page).

The material I used was some ****ty grade ali I scrounged from the sheetmetal workers down the road, its 3mm thick...
Old 04-27-2007, 05:07 AM
azzman

ORIGINAL: harawong

Dude, best savage ive ever seen, FANTASTIC!!![X(][X(][>:][>:][>:]
Cheers mate
Old 04-27-2007, 05:19 AM
Nathan9492

oh nd hows that 30VG holding up for ya?
Old 04-27-2007, 11:07 PM
silvergagt04

Well thanks for the warning on the engine brace. Ill have to think of a solution to that problem. I was thinking of 15mm because, well as we all know, the lower, the better... right? I am in the design stage and will be getting some .062 thick steel sheet metal for a first fab. That way, I can mock up the engine and trans and dogbones and see what I need to change. I am hoping to have this all mocked up by the the third week in May. Ill keep thinking of ways to make them even better then ever.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:03 AM
GANGstar305

wow [X(]