Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Emcotec 2001 RV

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Seeplaner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Emcotec 2001 RV

Not needing to go where someone has gone before me, does this idea sound reasonable & has it been done & cause no problems.
This is my first Turbine and first use of a powebox type device.
If I run 2 x 6 cell NiCad or NiMH into the Emcotec, then is it OK to run the Jetcat ECU from the unregulated output from the Emcotec?
This means 2 large Batts instead of 3. (kero start P-160)
Also distance to seperate the ECU & the Rx and/or Turbine pump, which is ever likely to cause more rf problems?
Any help is welcome.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:25 PM
rorywquin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Emcotec 2001 RV

What is the output voltage at the unregulated point?

Keep the pump and ECU as far as possible from the radio gear. I usually try to run the turbine electronics & pump down one side and the radio gear on the other side!

Personally I'd use the 3rd battery - the kero start and pump eat up battery capacity (use lipos if weight is a problem)!
Old 01-14-2007, 01:16 AM
Seeplaner

Thanks for the quick reply, as it's unregulated, it is 7.2V, which is the ECU required voltage.
Good advice seems to be what U said about ECU & pump.
I should have about 6" seperation, can be more if needed.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:13 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hello,

Well I would not recommend this, only because I do not know of it being tried and it is usually not a good area to experiment with. If the Emcotec (fine products BTW) provides proper isolation to the RX and servos, I guess it would be ok. Also, I would want to make sure the Emcotec balancing circuits still work with the unbalanced inputs, again I don't see why they would not. During start, there is a massive load on that ECU battery, be aware of that and the voltage depression that will cause.

What has Emcotec said about your idea?

In any case you would need to double up your range checks!

Regards,

Old 01-15-2007, 02:04 AM
Seeplaner

Thanks for that, i guess it is sensible to just do it as normal, big ECU batt & 2 Rx packs into the Emcotec.
Consider it closed.