Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Build thread for a Carl Goldberg Eagle II Trainer??

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Build thread for a Carl Goldberg Eagle II Trainer??

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 05:27 PM
skyshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Build thread for a Carl Goldberg Eagle II Trainer??

O.K. here's one more suggestion. Cut the windshield carefully. sand the edges and place in position. Keep one thumb over one bottom corner and drill a small hole in the other and into the fuselage. One small button head screw into the hole and tighten. Now press the windshield back into place and do the same on the other bottom / side corner. Check everything is equal and do the same at the middle / lower portion of the windshield. This one may end up on the hatch but it's easily removed if you need to get in there. You can follow up with a couple more button heads spaced between the three you just put in. Side windows? No problem if you cut them into 4 peices and not the two piece sets as they come. Trim all the plastic you can but leave a thin flange for the epoxy. One window, one fitting. 6 minute epoxy will do the trick if fitted correctly.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:17 PM
KitBuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting to see this thread again... Well I'm almost done modifying the tail to a V... Soon to be called the V-eagle. Just for something different. We'll see how it goes.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:56 AM
PropellerHead_VA
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Folks,

I really enjoyed this thread. I like your trim scheme :-)

Any time I see one of the Goldberg Eagles, I think back to my beginning in RC. That's why, lately, I have been building new versions of my old favorites.

If anyone is curious, I tried to document some of my fun building an Eagle 2 to replace my old Eagle 63. It can be found at my website.
[link=http://www.propellerhead-online.net]PropellerHead Online[/link] Just click the Model Aviation menu button.
Apologies in advance for the lack of updates, but that should change soon.

Or you can directly access the article here:
[link=http://www.propellerhead-online.net/articles/model_aviation/eagle2construction/eagle2_const_p1.htm]Goldberg Eagle 2 Construction[/link]

I hope it's okay to post this. I don't want to hijack anyone's thread.

-=< Kevin >=-
PropellerHead