Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Gyro Problems

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Gyro Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 06:16 PM
pilot90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gyro Problems

Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for fixing my gyro.. the tail wags.. im guessing the gain is set wrong. what is the propper gain? i have a PG-03 i know how to change the gyro with the screw and all but what is the best method of figuring out the proper gain.. any suggestions would be alot of help. as well, somone had mentioned to me that it coulld partly be caused by a broken rotor hub do they make aluminium hubs? as well. when i fly it seems to vibrate alot.. i ballenced the blades as best i could, are there any suggestions??

Thanks Alot

-Josh
Old 02-27-2006, 10:47 PM
h20policeman

Default RE: Gyro Problems

pilot, before you change the gain (which should be set at 50%) which is a good starting point. I need to know a couple of things. what tail servo are you using? Where is the gyro mounted in reference to the other electronic equipment? Also remember that you dont want to mount the gyro too close to other equipment. And dont rap the other wires ( ESC,motor wires, etc.) together , they can cause enterference with the tail servo/gyro. Mike
Old 02-27-2006, 10:49 PM
h20policeman

Sorry ment to say dont rap the wires with the gyro wires, and also have you balanced the tail blades?
Old 02-27-2006, 11:29 PM
pilot90

thanks for the advice, the gyro wires are wraped with other stuff. im using bms bluebird 380 servos. i have ballenced the blades as best i could, should i buy a blade ballencer?? if so.. which one? as well.. ive been reading some other forums and they mentioned a helihobby glich reducer? does that help? also... i found that the deans antena causes ALOT of intefearence problems so i stopped using it. the gyro is kinda in the front secured with the velcro u kno where they tell u to in the manual.. should it be somwhere else?? thanks alot

Josh
Old 02-28-2006, 04:30 PM
h20policeman

Hey Josh,

theres really no need for a blade ballencer since you ballence the blades with the head (per instructions). a glitch reducer wouldn't hurt (i use one). the placement of your gyro is fine. Take the gyro wire loose from the other wires and try your heli then and see if it helps the wagging. when you try to make changes with the heli, do one thing at a time that way when you fix it you know what the problem was. let me know if you get it fixed , good luck, Mike
Old 02-28-2006, 06:16 PM
pilot90

ill try that,

thanks,
Josh
Old 03-29-2006, 03:17 PM
gadget01

Velcro is not a good way to secure a gyro. It needs to be secured with foam tape on a surface that is firmly secured to the frame. Check out the "EHBG" and look at the section for gyro setup. This is the current version:

[link=http://ehbg.rchomepage.com/ehbg-16-pdf.zip]http://ehbg.rchomepage.com/ehbg-16-pdf.zip[/link]