Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

Activity is low

Community
Search
Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.
View Poll Results: A poll
Keep it forever.
43.18%
Keep it for another month, we'll bring more traffic.
9.09%
Kill it.
47.73%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Activity is low

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 10:06 AM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Activity is low

There's not much happening in this forum guys. Is there still a need to keep it alive or should we kill it?
Old 06-07-2005, 12:44 PM
britbrat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Activity is low

It is quite valuable to a number of MAAC members --particularly those who have been ousted from RCC. This is one of the few comprehensive sites that they can access for discussion about MAAC business.

The level of activity may simply reflect a currently low level of MAAC activity that generates contentious argument & discussion --- there is no doubt that that situation will change.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Hurri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even the Maac - RC canada is not very active either is it , some of the topics are way ancient
when you look at the dates , I know the US population is a lot more , but no comparision in the responce on RC Univers e columns .
Old 06-09-2005, 03:08 AM
Hughes500E
My Feedback: (16)

OK it's confirmed!
Kill it [8D] Those of you that come up to Canada know the deal!
Old 06-09-2005, 11:02 AM
britbrat

Seems like the RCC gang want it dead. Why would that be?
Old 06-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Sharpy01

IMO, if it is being used at all, then it has value. It cannot be compared to RCCanada's MAAC issues area because that is not an open forum. It's open only to zone directors and MAAC related anything is supposed to be forbidden on that site........(unless of course, it involves bashing your's truley)......

Issues related to the politics are timely and are not always front and center so one shouldn't expect it to be "busy"? As with most specialty discussion areas, followers take time to develope.

Unless, there is a technical reason, why does it need to be killed?

At least here, we can have a relatively uncensored discussion here on sensitive political issues and can even poke some fun at the establishment.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Jim_McIntyre

ORIGINAL: britbrat
ORIGINAL: sharpy01
... uncensored discussion here on sensitive political issues and can even poke some fun at the establishment.
'nuff said?

Originally, I was a fan of discussing political issues about MAAC so, I joined "the other site" (not RCCanada).
When all discussions eventually degraded to embarrassing character assasinations, I changed my mind and began voicing my discontent. After that same "other site" (again, not RCCanada who is being accused of the same) began banning anyone involved on one side of the discussion (pro MAAC), I signed off that "other site" permanently as it was obvious that the only intent of those I now see here was to do exactly as Mr Sharpe has stated.

I say amputate before it festers.[>:]
Old 06-09-2005, 03:55 PM
can773
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All open forums regarding MAAC have turned into a podium for a few to bring their agenda's on MAAC's political issues to the public.....time and again these forums get shut down because of the innacuracies posted. When the select few individuals are banned they turn into children and bad mouth MAAC in any way they can.....

Case's in point

http://mbz.portage.net/cgi-bin/yabb/...num=1118031310

http://mbz.portage.net/cgi-bin/yabb/...num=1116598070

http://mbz.portage.net/cgi-bin/yabb/...num=1111544104

http://mbz.portage.net/cgi-bin/yabb/...num=1112489956

If you read through them you will get the idea......

I am quite certain RCU does not want this crap on their site, the same way RCC didnt want this crap on its site, and so many other sites these guys have been banned from.

Old 06-09-2005, 04:57 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

ORIGINAL: Sharpy01

IMO, if it is being used at all, then it has value. It cannot be compared to RCCanada's MAAC issues area because that is not an open forum. It's open only to zone directors and MAAC related anything is supposed to be forbidden on that site........(unless of course, it involves bashing your's truley)......

Issues related to the politics are timely and are not always front and center so one shouldn't expect it to be "busy"? As with most specialty discussion areas, followers take time to develope.

Unless, there is a technical reason, why does it need to be killed?

At least here, we can have a relatively uncensored discussion here on sensitive political issues and can even poke some fun at the establishment.
Absolutely. The current lack of activity just means that everyone is being responsible. The naysayers can decide not to look but should some topic of interest come up, it can at least be discussed without, deletion, locking, banning, unless necessary of course.

The "kill it" group also asks for locking, banning, deletion, when topics are "unecessary" in their opinion. As a Canadian I appreciate a forum open to discuss our organization's issues.

Thanks for keeping it.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:19 PM
Sharpy01

ORIGINAL: can773

All open forums regarding MAAC have turned into a podium for a few to bring their agenda's on MAAC's political issues to the public.....time and again these forums get shut down because of the innacuracies posted. When the select few individuals are banned they turn into children and bad mouth MAAC in any way they can.....

Case's in point

I am quite certain RCU does not want this crap on their site, the same way RCC didnt want this crap on its site, and so many other sites these guys have been banned from.

......ahhhh, Chadwick;

the first link is pure comedy. Lighten up dude, you're too young to be a prude.

The last 3 are referencing material that began on RCC long after evil folks like me were sent to the RCC penalty box?

............. "so many other sites" ? hehe, now your just making that stuff up. (I'm afraid it's just the one) [X(]

If nothing else, it proves the need to allow more than one "style of thinking" dominate any issue and the more who have opportunity to discuss, and sometimes even have some fun, the better.

Surely, the admin here must find it kind of goofy that you add your two cents to this forum only to suggest that it is shut down?
For the sake of those who don't know the history, Chad, a member of Canada's FAI pattern team, and a couple others who regularly want dissenting opinion stiffled here, specifically dislike eveything I have to say, regardless of content, because they have labelled little o'l me as "anti-competition" because of my stand on a few issues during my tenure as a national board member within the MAAC organization.

Those who ralley for removal are Icons at the much referenced RCC site and ultimately don't want the competition. It really has nothing to do with their "moral" stance to save RCuniverse from me.

Furthermore, I would be real surprized if some of this same crew haven't been lobbying the admin behind the scenes to shut this down, "for the good of MAAC". You would hope not, but if we pay attention to history..........

..........gee, I'm glad my mom loves me or I might develop a complex...... [&:]

cheers

Old 06-09-2005, 10:44 PM
can773
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sharpy01

Case's in point

......ahhhh, Chadwick;

the first link is pure comedy. Lighten up dude, you're too young to be a prude.

The last 3 are referencing material that began on RCC long after evil folks like me were sent to the RCC penalty box?

............. "so many other sites" ? hehe, now your just making that stuff up. (I'm afraid it's just the one) [X(]

If nothing else, it proves the need to allow more than one "style of thinking" dominate any issue and the more who have opportunity to discuss, and sometimes even have some fun, the better.

Surely, the admin here must find it kind of goofy that you add your two cents to this forum only to suggest that it is shut down?
For the sake of those who don't know the history, Chad, a member of Canada's FAI pattern team, and a couple others who regularly want dissenting opinion stiffled here, specifically dislike eveything I have to say, regardless of content, because they have labelled little o'l me as "anti-competition" because of my stand on a few issues during my tenure as a national board member within the MAAC organization.

Those who ralley for removal are Icons at the much referenced RCC site and ultimately don't want the competition. It really has nothing to do with their "moral" stance to save RCuniverse from me.

Furthermore, I would be real surprized if some of this same crew haven't been lobbying the admin behind the scenes to shut this down, "for the good of MAAC". You would hope not, but if we pay attention to history..........

..........gee, I'm glad my mom loves me or I might develop a complex...... [&:]

cheers

Thanks for solidifying my point as to the reason this forum should be closed.....not once did I mention your name in my post yet you continuously bring mine into yours.......I think you have already developed a complex.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:27 AM
britbrat

Case's in point

How can you possibly presume to know what is the intent of RCU with this forum, and how can you presume to decide what is acceptable or unacceptable to RCU? Acceptability to your personal criteria and agenda have nothing whatever to do with RCU, or the individuals who post here.

This forum is here for everyone and their opinions -- not just yourself.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:22 PM
donkey doctor

Hello; I would say kill it. the one time I posted here, Kevin McGrath called me ignorant, then said that he wouldn't reply if I answered.

That kind of bigotry will kill any forum.

We're not all like that in Canada, not in western Canada at least.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:14 PM
britbrat

ORIGINAL: donkey doctor

Hello; I would say kill it. the one time I posted here, Kevin McGrath called me ignorant, then said that he wouldn't reply if I answered.

That kind of bigotry will kill any forum.

We're not all like that in Canada, not in western Canada at least.

Then that's a good reason to keep it going. Why would you side with Mc Grath, who wants to kill it? Perhaps McGrath will never post here again. Or maybe he will calm down somewhat & be more polite.

Killing it is what the reactionaries want -- don't give it to them.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Sharpy01

MAAK Executive member, Mr McGrath is a big lobbiest for RCCanada and is another who is not interested in any competition. He also does not like any MAAK business or issues being openly discussed on any forums....(most of the time) He's made that quite clear many times.

........his way or the Highway.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:55 AM
Hurri

I thought there was a statement above where i am writing this that says " resist the urge to degrade, insult etc " Is this not what is going on . ? Come on guys - let us try to get along together , this is supposed to be a fun hobby .
Old 06-11-2005, 08:38 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Don't KILL it. Fold the whole thing into the AMA Forum. Make it the AMA/MAAC Forum. I would LOVE to see Mr. Sharpy meet Mr. Cain, that would be a HOOT.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Sharpy01

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

Don't KILL it. Fold the whole thing into the AMA Forum. Make it the AMA/MAAC Forum. I would LOVE to see Mr. Sharpy meet Mr. Cain, that would be a HOOT.
whaah? [sm=confused.gif]

Apparently, you may be more of a political animal than I because I have never ventured into the AMA politics.

............and really don't have much of an interest?
Old 06-12-2005, 09:40 AM
mgaddison

As a lurker of this site and others, I hope that this forum is kept open.

I enjoy seeing different opinions that allow me to keep, change or form my own.

I know that there are other places to get information. MAAC website, RCC, MB site etc but there is no place to question information on the MAAC site. At RCC, unless you are a part of the "select few", any mention of the word MAAC will get you a fast rapping of your knuckles. The MB site, while I enjoy a lot, doesn't get that much traffic and the opinions seem one sided. At least here I can get some fresh ideas from both sides of the plate.

This exchange in ideas probably won't change those with a closed mind or have very strong views on a particular subject but there are many who lurk in the background who are open minded enough to think for themselves. They then might see that there is a subject that hey feel very strongly about so that they become more involved in MAAC.

Who knows, your next ZD or President may come from someone who's passion has been stirred from an idea found here.

Old 06-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Jigley3

mgadison.... Well said!!!! Your take on the situation is bang on, and I agree with all the points you have made.... bert
Old 06-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Sharpy01

ORIGINAL: mgaddison

As a lurker of this site and others, I hope that this forum is kept open.

I enjoy seeing different opinions that allow me to keep, change or form my own.

I know that there are other places to get information. MAAC website, RCC, MB site etc but there is no place to question information on the MAAC site. At RCC, unless you are a part of the "select few", any mention of the word MAAC will get you a fast rapping of your knuckles. The MB site, while I enjoy a lot, doesn't get that much traffic and the opinions seem one sided. At least here I can get some fresh ideas from both sides of the plate.

This exchange in ideas probably won't change those with a closed mind or have very strong views on a particular subject but there are many who lurk in the background who are open minded enough to think for themselves. They then might see that there is a subject that hey feel very strongly about so that they become more involved in MAAC.

Who knows, your next ZD or President may come from someone who's passion has been stirred from an idea found here.

Wow. Nothing to add.

Thanks for joining in.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:34 PM
jhelps

ORIGINAL: Jim_McIntyre

ORIGINAL: britbrat
ORIGINAL: sharpy01
... uncensored discussion here on sensitive political issues and can even poke some fun at the establishment.
'nuff said?

Originally, I was a fan of discussing political issues about MAAC so, I joined "the other site" (not RCCanada).
When all discussions eventually degraded to embarrassing character assasinations, I changed my mind and began voicing my discontent. After that same "other site" (again, not RCCanada who is being accused of the same) began banning anyone involved on one side of the discussion (pro MAAC), I signed off that "other site" permanently as it was obvious that the only intent of those I now see here was to do exactly as Mr Sharpe has stated.

I say amputate before it festers.[>:]
Revisionist history strikes again!!!. I admit I am jumping to conclusions as to what exactly the "other site" is, however if it is the one I think you mean there was a single individual banned from that site and it was because his posts had repeatedly become unbelievably unacceptable personal attacks which violated the forum guidelines. Others had their posts edited in keeping with the forum guidelines, however few if any complete posts were removed.

JH
Old 06-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Sharpy01

Thanks for the facts JH.

It's interesting to note that some of the information spread by some, accepted as gospel, is far from the truth.

Yes, Mr McIntyre is referring to the Manitoba Forum site and the fact that only ONE person was ever "banned" for his demeanor, not his beliefs, hurts his credibility with such an incorrect blanket statement.

I still believe it's more about trying to eliminate website competition, than some mythical model aircraft moral standard.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:58 AM
Jim_McIntyre

... and so it continues.

You want revisionist history?

As Jeff admits, posts were edited etc... what he fails to mention (likely because most editing took place prior to his moderating) is that the only edits were to posts from one side of the discussion. [:@]

I wasn't the one doing the banning but, my recollection is that more than one person was banned, and if I'm not mistaken, there were some legal happenings resulting from a post by Mr Sharpe ... ( that wasn't edited ) ... that was considered serious enough require an enforced public apology by the same Mr Sharpe who is playing innocent here....

and Jeff, if I recall, you stepped in as a moderator around the time I asked to have myself (and all my posts) removed ... after most of this went down..... Maybe you could elaborate on why you too eventually asked to be removed as moderator?

The spin doctoring by this crew continues.

Fine, leave this forum open, it will continue to fester until someone finally pulls the plug.[>:]

RCUNIVERSE:
Ask yourself, do any of this lot have anything POSITIVE to contribute? Check their site (MBZ) before you consider, do you want this same content/behaviour brought here? ....
Old 06-13-2005, 08:33 AM
Sharpy01

As previsously discussed;

..........begin to lose the debate on facts, go after the individual.

Jim, Your memory doens't serve you well. Your selective memory is mixing up completely different issues.

For the record, there were no "legal happenings" related to the incident you reference and my apology was sincere, to one individual and certainly was not, "forced". It involved an email exchange within the board, not a forum website....... some 3 years ago Jim. Water that has long gone under the bridge and made it to the ocean.

Let's stay on track. I will admit to being the "evil one" with a "666" tatooed to the back of my head and yeah, the mounties showed up at my door and hauled me off in irons for offences related to anti-MAAK propoganda crimes......I am living in great shame with a MAAK electronic braclet around my ankle so I can be constantly tracked....

.......now that we have established what a terrible person I am, can we stick to the issue, which.......by the way was about lack of traffic, not whether or not certain individuals should be allowed to use the internet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.