Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

updated ,,,

Old 05-02-2005, 12:18 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Default updated ,,,

I sent my 35cc gasser carb into Morris Hobby as they told me to, and I called them today, and I was told that my carb wwas pumping,,, Bull !!,,, when this carb was on my motor I could HEAR the diaphragm working, yet it would not pump fuel, I was using a clear fuel line, I had a little fuel in the line and all the fuel would do is move back-and-forth, it wouldn't pump,,,

although Morris told me the carb was pumping they have not yet tried it on another motor yet, if Morris tells me the carb works I will have to send in the motor, but the more I log-on to this page the more I see starting and carb problems~ the more I loose faith in MVVS !!

Jim
Old 05-02-2005, 12:26 PM
David_Moen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I don't think I'm going to be happy here,,,

I must ask, why didn't you send them the whole engine? You engine operates as a system of components working together. Hard to diagnose a problem by looking at one part only...
Old 05-02-2005, 01:00 PM
the Wasp

1) Morris told me to send in the carb,,

2) I know the carb is getting a good pulse !!!!

Jim
Old 05-03-2005, 07:38 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So it's not the motor, right?
ergo conclusio:
the carb is not pumping when you try it!
shame on Walbro,
shame on your mechanic who tried to help you
shame on Morris
shame on who else??
Old 05-03-2005, 04:48 PM
the Wasp

updated,,,,

OK my carb is at Morris Hobbies, because it will not pump,,,

so the guy here at the chain-saw shop gave me a couple carbs to try (JUST to see if I can get them to pump,,, NOT to start the motor)

the first carb would not pump,,

the 2nd carb~ (this carb dos NOT have a choke) this carb would pump only if I choked it with my thumb, ""this carb filled a clean/dry 20 inch long clear fuel line in about 7 or 8 flips of the prop""

my question is, choking should not have anything to do with the pump, or should it ??

Jim
Old 05-03-2005, 05:01 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: updated ,,,

Yes it does matter. It even matters so much, that there is a world of difference.
You must get the carb wet or it will not pump at all because the dry valves do not work. That is why garden appliances have the bulb primer fitted. This draws fuel into the carb, and discharges it back to the tank. Once the carb is full of fresh fuel, all is OK, or should be.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:17 AM
the Wasp

Default RE: updated ,,,

if you remember my older post, even after the carb was dripping with fuel, it took some 15 or more flips to start it, even if it was warm or hot and running and I shut it down to tune it~ it still took 15 flips to restart it again, so at that point I knew the diaphragm was wet with fuel ????

Jim