Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Cars Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 12:39 PM
slashrunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cars Thread

If I had the money, I would pick up a 2011 Mustang. For now I will have to have fun with my 95 v6
Old 05-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Agree that the 2011 GT is very nice!! [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 05-04-2010, 01:10 PM
Casper06

What changed with the 2011 model?
Old 05-04-2010, 01:19 PM
slashrunner

Twin independent variable camshaft timing, 5.0 GT only, 412 HP, All aluminum engine, a little suspension work, and cold air intake is now standard. you will have to check it out at fords website. I love that video too[8D]

Old 05-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Casper06

Wow that is impressive.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Lunchboxer

I don't know Casper.. I think it is time for you to go back to a STi....
Old 05-04-2010, 10:48 PM
ImpalaPolicePack

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

winterize that sucker then!

4.3L 4wd?

yes, 4,3L , 2wd , 4hi , 4low .

today we had a little rain and the wipers are acting funny, like when i stop them sometime they stop in the middle of the windsheild and i have to play with the control to make them go down.

im wondering if its the control(the lever on the steering column) or the motor ?
maybe theres a limit switch in the motor thats faulty ?

anyway im happy with my purchase and if anyone can help me with my wiper problem it would be appreciated !

thanks, Impala
Old 05-05-2010, 03:01 PM
butt_housed247

i want one of these,a go anywhere camping machine.but sense i can’t afford it, iv been looking at vw westfalia’s

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb87089.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	1431336  
Old 05-05-2010, 04:08 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: impalapolicepack

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

winterize that sucker then!

4.3L 4wd?

yes, 4,3L , 2wd , 4hi , 4low .

today we had a little rain and the wipers are acting funny, like when i stop them sometime they stop in the middle of the windsheild and i have to play with the control to make them go down.

im wondering if its the control(the lever on the steering column) or the motor ?
maybe theres a limit switch in the motor thats faulty ?

anyway im happy with my purchase and if anyone can help me with my wiper problem it would be appreciated !

thanks, Impala
sounds like your wiper board. on most gm's they have a little computer board on the back of the motor, these can be replaced with a new board from Gm. sometimes the switch behind the lever can go bad, but i doubt it. yes, many motors have a mechanical "park", if malfunctioning this will cause them to stop in strange places, you would have to replace the motor.

pop open the back of your wiper motor and look it over and smell for any blown electronics first, then just take it from there.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Nik.

ORIGINAL: butt_housed247

i want one of these, a go anywhere camping machine. but sense i can’t afford it, iv been looking at vw westfalia’s

we have one of those. currently working on this thing.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg13923.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	343.3 KB
ID:	1431400   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99055.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	449.9 KB
ID:	1431401  
Old 05-05-2010, 07:39 PM
ImpalaPolicePack

sounds good , thanks Shark , ill look into this tomorow if the weather is nice
Old 05-05-2010, 10:53 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Drove one of these at the dealer today, quite impressive. Definitely considering buying it. Not quite as sporty as a couple of my other considerations but the interior is exceptionally nice and for a car this size it handles really well. I drove supersport version, with a 510hp V8.

2010 Jaguar XJ Supersport

Old 05-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Lunchboxer

That is one funky looking car!!
Old 05-05-2010, 11:23 PM
DarkFire989

Say no to the Jaguar! [:'(]
Old 05-06-2010, 09:43 AM
The_Shark

i know jaguar is indian owned now, but who manufactures jaguar now?

definitely a nice classy car, im tired of seeing infinity's and lexuses running around, too popular.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:03 PM
sheograth

Yeah, it's owned by Tata now but they're still made in the UK.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:21 PM
butt_housed247

ORIGINAL: Nik.

ORIGINAL: butt_housed247

i want one of these,a go anywhere camping machine.but sense i can’t afford it, iv been looking at vw westfalia’s

we have one of those. currently working on this thing.
cool!
what do those usually go for price wise?iv looked at a few restored ones. they were like 10 grand! i found a rust bucked with half the interior missing and it was $2500. it probably needed 10,000 of work before i could even use it. sense when are vw’s expensive? are the vanagon’s just as bad?
Old 05-06-2010, 03:02 PM
sheograth

A family friend of mine just got a VW Eurovan that pretty much has it all, it's a few years old. He said he had a pretty hard time tracking one down and getting at a decent price.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Nik.

dunno if you know about this, but you can check this place out http://www.thesamba.com/vw/

we bought that bus for $1200 from an elderly man 10 years ago when my father worked at Santa Monica VW but thats not very common[8D] .. it was a tourist buy a bus and tour Europe and ship it back deal when the previous owner bought it new
Old 05-07-2010, 01:00 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 63 Likes on 59 Posts

hey, i post on thesamba (and cal-look, and used to be on lowlife, and hoodride) your from so cal. did you go to bug-in sunday?

buses are goingfor a premium right now. a couple years ago my homie had a i forget the year 23 window. and that thing was nice. sold it for almost 50 grand! ended up buying a single cab a few months later and is now rolling with GFK.
iv beenlooking around and seeing project splits going for 10 grand. even the price of bay's has shot up in the last few years.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:46 PM
kaiser01

lol, i'm on the samba too and vwvortex.

we sold our bus (79) last year, same color as niks. we also have a 74 std beetle thats heavily modified, a 2001 new beetle (400hp ), a 2004 golf and a 2007 passat.

as for the topic at hand, theres not much out there or due out that i'm too eXctied for. new cars are boring IMHO.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:11 AM
ImpalaPolicePack

WARNING

This Is A Long Post About My Wonderfull Day...

earlier tonight my girlfriend asked me to go pick up some food at the grocerie store AND ASKED ME TO DO IT QUICKLY, she was starving !(it was 6:45pm)

well on my way back home i saw a nice construction site with some mud that didnt looked to be too deep to try out my new 98 blazer 4x4.
the truck is sitting on BF goodrich All Terrain tires, with about 35% thread left on them, thats not the type of tire to go mudding !

i said to myself lets give it a try quickly to be home before she get mad (7:15pm)

so after entering the site it was allgood until i saw that nice puddle of muddy water(that looked 5-6inches deep with solid ground under it), i went into it at about 15-20mph, made it half way(about 15 feet) and got stuck.
i was on the 4x4 hi , so i put it in 4x4low and put the tranny on reverse. just by letting off the break pedal i could feel the truck getting deeper in the ground. needless to say i gave it a little bit of gas and BAM! the truck was sitting on the frame ! i opened my door to see what it looked like, the rocker panels were touching the mud and the rear tire was axle deep in THICK MUD. (its now 7:10pm, and i better be home at 7:15pm cause the wife is hungry!)

so i called CAA(a towing company that is free and comes with my insurances, but they cannot find my policy so they tell me its 125$)(7:15pm)
i call my insurence, listen to the never ending message, they are closed(7:20pm)
i check in my wallet to see how much i have on me, 40$ , i start to panic(7:25pm)
i call my girlfriend to tell her i will be late because of traffic, cause if i tell her ill be late cause i decided to go play in the mud im a dead man(7:35pm)
i call another towing company, they say its 80$ and i have to pay the towing driver right when the truck is unstuck. i explain to him that i have to go to the bank, he doesnt care(7:45pm)
panic, smoke a cigaret(7:55pm)
call back the wife to tell her the truth, shes mad but its ok, and she dont have money on her and doesnt have a car(8:10)
relax, panic, relax(8:20pm)
call back the guy at towing company, explain him that i will go to the bank and come pay him in person at his office 30 min away of where i am.hes mad but says its ok(8:30pm)
towing get to the site(8:45pm) cant come to me, have to come by the other end, gets to me(8:55)
got unstuck(9:00pm), go home to feed the wife ! leave for the bank and towing office 2 towns away(9:15pm)
i get to the office and pay the guy(9:55pm)
stop at a mcdonalds to eat something, get to my house (10:50pm)
walk inside, wife is on the couch waiting for me with a mad face. she screams at me for 15 mins that my 20min ride to the grocerie store for 10$ of food took 4 hours and costed 80$
shes goes to sleep, i pop a beer, smoke a cig and look on the internet for mud tires for next time i cross that construction site. PRICELESS

End of Story. (for now...)

sorry if it was long to read, i had to share my evening with someone ...
Old 05-10-2010, 08:54 AM
The_Shark

gunna try that again?

sounds like me and running out of gas.

1st car 96 Dodge Dokota, V8 bad starter, no fuel guage 8mpg.
ran out of fuel at school, had to wait for pops to put gas in my truck got out at 3:30 got home at 5:00
ran out of fuel close to home, walked home, walked to the gas station walked back to truck drove to school (2hours late)
starter wouldnt start at gas station, waited 50mins to be picked up, was able to start it once more when my ride got there
starter wouldnt start at ace hardware during winter, finally got it to start after a half hour (there was a trick to rocking the car to get the starter to work)
ran out of gas in the middle of the street, waited 45 minutes

2nd car 95 Volvo 850 turbo. huge 23 gallon tank, 22mpg
ran out of gas going to gas station, took ma's truck and got a gallon of gas.
ran out of gas in the middle of intersection with whole family, had to push it to driveway and walk a mile to gas station, late for movie
ran out of gas at shcool (again) waited for ma, but a passer by gave me a gallon to get home, gave him $5.00 (all i had)
battery died at work (parasitic drain traced back to crappy installation) got home at 10:00 not 8:30

3rd car 86 Pontiac fiero gt. tiny 8gallon tank V6 19mpg
ran out of gas going home from school, it was chugging from school, speed was limited to 30mpg, backfiring through construction (if i stalled there its only two lanes[X(]) i coasted into the gas station and only had to push 50feet.

current car 93 Mazda miata 10gallon tank 31mpg.
havent ran out of gas yet but came close.

total times out of gas 7.
total times dead in water due to other problems 3
total years driving 4.5
Fail? yes.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Lunchboxer

That's your problem right here.. you went to get food for your girlfriend and ended late going home to the wife.. I got ya..

ORIGINAL: impalapolicepack

WARNING

This Is A Long Post About My Wonderfull Day...

earlier tonight my girlfriend asked me to go pick up some food at the grocerie store AND ASKED ME TO DO IT QUICKLY, she was starving !(it was 6:45pm)

well on my way back home i saw a nice construction site with some mud that didnt looked to be too deep to try out my new 98 blazer 4x4.
the truck is sitting on BF goodrich All Terrain tires, with about 35% thread left on them, thats not the type of tire to go mudding !

i said to myself lets give it a try quickly to be home before she get mad (7:15pm)

so after entering the site it was allgood until i saw that nice puddle of muddy water(that looked 5-6inches deep with solid ground under it), i went into it at about 15-20mph, made it half way(about 15 feet) and got stuck.
i was on the 4x4 hi , so i put it in 4x4low and put the tranny on reverse. just by letting off the break pedal i could feel the truck getting deeper in the ground. needless to say i gave it a little bit of gas and BAM! the truck was sitting on the frame ! i opened my door to see what it looked like, the rocker panels were touching the mud and the rear tire was axle deep in THICK MUD. (its now 7:10pm, and i better be home at 7:15pm cause the wife is hungry!)

so i called CAA(a towing company that is free and comes with my insurances, but they cannot find my policy so they tell me its 125$)(7:15pm)
i call my insurence, listen to the never ending message, they are closed(7:20pm)
i check in my wallet to see how much i have on me, 40$ , i start to panic(7:25pm)
i call my girlfriend to tell her i will be late because of traffic, cause if i tell her ill be late cause i decided to go play in the mud im a dead man(7:35pm)
i call another towing company, they say its 80$ and i have to pay the towing driver right when the truck is unstuck. i explain to him that i have to go to the bank, he doesnt care(7:45pm)
panic, smoke a cigaret(7:55pm)
call back the wife to tell her the truth, shes mad but its ok, and she dont have money on her and doesnt have a car(8:10)
relax, panic, relax(8:20pm)
call back the guy at towing company, explain him that i will go to the bank and come pay him in person at his office 30 min away of where i am.hes mad but says its ok(8:30pm)
towing get to the site(8:45pm) cant come to me, have to come by the other end, gets to me(8:55)
got unstuck(9:00pm), go home to feed the wife ! leave for the bank and towing office 2 towns away(9:15pm)
i get to the office and pay the guy(9:55pm)
stop at a mcdonalds to eat something, get to my house (10:50pm)
walk inside, wife is on the couch waiting for me with a mad face. she screams at me for 15 mins that my 20min ride to the grocerie store for 10$ of food took 4 hours and costed 80$
shes goes to sleep, i pop a beer, smoke a cig and look on the internet for mud tires for next time i cross that construction site. PRICELESS

End of Story. (for now...)

sorry if it was long to read, i had to share my evening with someone ...
Old 05-10-2010, 11:28 AM
ImpalaPolicePack

haha, sorry i mix word in english, i only have 1 girlfriend . not married so no wife lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.