Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
 Official Hobby Zone "Super Cub" Thread >

Official Hobby Zone "Super Cub" Thread

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Official Hobby Zone "Super Cub" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Hobby Zone "Super Cub" Thread

Hey guys, still trying to decide what charger to get. I just went to the lhs and they had the triton jr for 75 and the triton 2 for 110. I may do lipos in the future if I get a plane that needs them.

- I like the looks of the triton 2 but is it really worth the extra 35bux?
-Will this charger do my larger 6 cell stick packs for my trucks too?
-Can I rig the alligator clips up to a cigarette lighter style plug?
-the shop had a power supply for 50 bux, I dont know the specs so should I get that one or look for one cheaper?

thanks
Old 01-17-2008, 01:03 PM

just to tell something !!!

I flew this morning with some moderate winds (weather.com says 10mph and msn.weather.com says 14-17mph) I was with stock battery and the SC handle just perfect. it just have some 1' or 2' feet drop down but leveled and some suddenly climbs that was for wind speed change. I was able to do some inverted but was very dificult in compare to calm days. the diehdral effect try to turn over the plane and the wind blowing was almost imposible to maintain a level inverted. but I got a good time fighting the wind. there was some moment the the SC stay still at full thrutle just climb but still con not go forward. maybe with the lipo would have better power to go forward remember I am stock 7c.

here is a prevew of my flew today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VKkkm9klr0

yesturday night I finish the SC model for G3.5 I not made the model i just take one from the swap pages and modified to handle just like real one ~~~ and I have to said is like 95% the same. if any1 want it let me know.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:21 PM

Hey Daxfx

Try www.noaa.gov for your weather forecast. I have found it to be more accurate and update than the rest of them. It is updated hourly.

great video!

areeves1950
Old 01-17-2008, 03:30 PM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: rcbif

Hey guys, still trying to decide what charger to get. I just went to the lhs and they had the triton jr for 75 and the triton 2 for 110. I may do lipos in the future if I get a plane that needs them.

- I like the looks of the triton 2 but is it really worth the extra 35bux?
-Will this charger do my larger 6 cell stick packs for my trucks too?
-Can I rig the alligator clips up to a cigarette lighter style plug?
-the shop had a power supply for 50 bux, I dont know the specs so should I get that one or look for one cheaper?

thanks
I own a Triton 2. I reviewed the jr and it looks to be what you are looking for
here is a review of the jr
Bill B
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...81&skey=23f2d7
Old 01-17-2008, 04:25 PM

ORIGINAL: furn1593

I put a e-flite park 450 in the cub and before I got the lipos i was using it with the stock 7 cells - it was a good improvement, mostly because of the weight reduction I think, but this thing really goes now with the lipo. Seems like you have done all the mods - so why not lipo - I got the mystery 2200 off ebay for cheap and a imax b5 charger for almost nothing (b6 is out now), hauling a cam - about 3 oz., floats (heavy) and still goes good. getting a bl motor and no lipo is like putting 87octane in a ferrari with a rev limiter..IMO..

The only thing with going lipo is that you have to be so careful with them (balancing, charging rates, etc.).
Old 01-17-2008, 07:05 PM
cjg

Well, another seller offering great prices on Horizon Hobby products gets the boot from Horizon - Diversion Hobbies.

I wonder if enough of these dealers get banned they will sue and win an anti trust lawsuit!
Old 01-17-2008, 10:29 PM

Cold, wet winter weather here.

I am having a ball with the Nosedamage version of Super Cub, no ailerons and the Real Flight SIM.

I have found that I can fly the SC with in an 18 Mile Per Hour wind, and no more as head way is impossible at higher wind speeds.

To take off you must be directly headed into the wind, stick back and ease open the throttle, the little bird will jump into the air. As soon as air born full throttle to maintain control. It is a blast and a balancing act to maintain control. A GREAT WAY TO GAIN REFLEX EXPERIENCE ON THE CONTROLS.

To make headway against that wind, you must use full throttle and maintain a nose down attitude. To land you must power in, again nose down, stick forward gradually bringing the throttle back till she stops ground role. You must also keep her headed into the wind or she will flip and tumble.

Here is a shot flying next to the wind sock to prove the wind speed.

Thanks again to NoseDamage and that version of the Super Cub. A fantastic way to spend time on a rainy day !

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86658.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	853835  
Old 01-18-2008, 10:03 AM

thats is correct Dave S:

I have a very good time 2 days back flying in the wind.I was to take down the SC because start raining. but before rain I think that was the faster winds i ever had with my SC, and i just went perfect flew without problems. some loops and stall turns. but whe i try inverted was very dificult almost imposible to still level inverted because of the diedhral effect and wind. take a look few post back to see a video on the wind. (1st post in this page)
Old 01-18-2008, 11:11 PM

Hey Guys,

Are there decals that i could buy to change the appearance on my SC? I like the decals that came on it, but i think i wanna add a little bit of K. Jay's touch to it. Anything advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:08 AM

you can design your own set of decals and go to any sign shop and make them with vinyl. ploter cut the vinyl. or you con go to your LHS and pick any universal set.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:26 PM

ORIGINAL: FirebirdCdr2

Hey Guys,

Are there decals that i could buy to change the appearance on my SC? I like the decals that came on it, but i think i wanna add a little bit of K. Jay's touch to it. Anything advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.
Firebird
You can get decal transfer paper from co's located on the internet, print what ever line art, photo, ect on them using your computer printer
this a lot cheaper. Just remember after you print your logo,let them dry and spray 2 coats of Krylon clear coat. These are the water slide decal paper
Bill B
Old 01-19-2008, 06:19 PM

Thanks W5kfg and Daxfx for the advice. I will look into both you guy's suggestions. Thanks again.

K. Jay
Old 01-19-2008, 11:19 PM

Getting some good video using my new eDVR 5in1. Have it mounted where the sensor use to be on the bottom.

I just opened up the hole a little bit on a slight angle to get out of the sight of the prop. Works great.

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_OiRwJkdH4[/link]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54491.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	855556   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ie98367.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	855557   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13009.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	855558  
Old 01-19-2008, 11:53 PM

Nice idea Hemi4x4,

Once i really get good i'm going to add my Tony Hawk Helmet cam to my SC.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:54 PM

hay everyone will the parkzone 9 cell 10.8v 1000mah work well in the SC. with correct charger PKZ1519 . i know it a 9 cell but was wondering would it go in with a bit of work done to the battery space.

Or would going lipo be a good option. if so could u give me an idea of a cheapish setup(not spending over £100 on a charger like) so i can get an idea of what its like , to see if its what its made up to be.

if i do go lipo would i have to but sum sort of battery connector , because all lipo connection ive seen , seem to be like this. -| . well sort of...
Old 01-20-2008, 04:57 PM

http://supercubclub.proboards78.com/index.cgi

Lots of those questions answered here.

Check it out.

Kevin
Old 01-20-2008, 05:35 PM

cheers nice one..
Old 01-20-2008, 05:58 PM

There are some nifty gadgets at www.TheXPortZone.com for Hobbyzone and Parkzone planes.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:25 PM

No problem. It is a great resource for the cub and it's owners.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:12 AM

Some where back in the archives of this forum a member named johnpcunningham was selling what he called the "ez-xport" circuit board. It is about the size of a penney and sold for $35. I bought several about 7 or 8 months ago but did nothing with them until now. I wanted to convery at least one of my 2 cubs over to a DX6 setup but didn't want to loose the xport function. The DX6 conversion is a snap and the x-port conversion turned out to be super easy since every thing is already on the cub like the connectors and snap on piece to attach the actual module.

I also have a t-28 Trojan. That mod was alittle more difficult since I had to find a place to attach the clip on and the x-port connection. I choose the bottom of the fusalage right in the middle of the wing which is just about the cog. I already had a broken battery case from a not so spectacular flight so this gave me the x-port wire and the battery case cover which has the clip on screwed into it. I cut down the cover and attached the x-port connector and clip on using really sticky velcro. (just the soft side cause it sticks so well.)I have the light module, the drop module and the sonic combat module. All work great.

I have a friend who has put ailerons and a much faster brushless motor on his cub. He has the sonic module and has been wiping me out. Can't wait to mop up the floor with him when we go Trojan to Cub combat. (at least I hope so)

I'm hoping johnpcunningham might read this because i'd like to purchase some more of these circuit boards but he has not responded to e-mail as yet.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:36 AM

You will have to email John Cunningham abt the ez-port adapter
Here is the thread that tells abt the adapter
Bill B
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_57...tm.htm#5735217
Old 01-21-2008, 10:12 AM

Thanks w5kfg Actually that thread is for another circuit board that John sells called the ez-esc. The EZ-ESC is an microprocessor based circuit board that allows the ParkZone and HobbyZone models to use a brushless motor and ESC while using the original transmitter and receiver.

I e-mailed John several days ago but have not heard from him yet. If anyone knows John or his whereabouts (he lives in Texas) please let him know he is wanted.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:44 PM

John was on another site a few min ago
In case you don't get in touch with John,I found this, which will do the same thing
Bill B
http://air-commander.com/index.php/a...erface_module/
Old 01-21-2008, 03:52 PM

Zestril5
Keep us posted if you get a hold of John. Some of us here may be interested in his module
Bill B
Old 01-21-2008, 04:04 PM

Is this the module you are looking for?
Bill B

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_61.../anchor/tm.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.