Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Hitec Laser 6 and H9 Ultra stick 60

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hitec Laser 6 and H9 Ultra stick 60

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 01:52 PM
flyfisher431

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Laser 6 and H9 Ultra stick 60

I am in the process of putting a H9 Ultrastick 60 together. I've set up for flaps and ailerons. I'm planning on using a Hitec Laser 6 as the transmitter. OK so las night I had the radio and servos set out on the table with the intention of getting things straight in my head before I start running wires and screwing the servos in place. I've got Y connector cables for the servos and I think that this may be my problem from what I can see when I move the aileron stick both servos move in the same direction. The same happens when I move the Flaps. From my look at it I'll need to connect the control linkage on the same side for each servo. Example if the control horn is pointed inboard on the left side then it should also be on the right side. From what I can noodle on this the Y cable will make the flaps work proper but my flaps are going to move like ailerons and not flaps. I am using HS325HB servos. Is there a way to rewire the Y connector so the servos on the y connector rotate oppisite and both flaps will rotate down with the flaps control.

Am I seeing this right or am I over thinking things.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ben
Old 03-09-2007, 01:55 PM
flyfisher431

Default RE: Hitec Laser 6 and H9 Ultra stick 60

correction the Ailerons will work correctly it's the flaps that won't. Proof read Ben Proof read[:-]
Old 03-09-2007, 02:41 PM
BillyGoat

To answer you last question first. Just rewiring the Y harness won’t work you need to purchase a reversing Y harness.

For your ailerons I say forget a Y harness and plug the left servo into ch 6 and the right into ch 1. The manual will tell you exactly how to slave ch 6 off ch 1.

For the flaps a standard Y should work fine. Put the linkages on the same sides of the servo. If one is toward the inboard the other will need toward outboard.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:13 PM
carrellh

ORIGINAL: flyfisher431
correction the Ailerons will work correctly it's the flaps that won't. Proof read Ben Proof read[:-]

Since the Laser 6 is not a computerized TX, you have to leave the ailerons the way you have them. Channel 5 is gear and 6 is flaps.
For the flaps, it's simplest to use a reversing "Y" or flip one servo arm 180 degrees.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:16 PM
carrellh

ORIGINAL: flyfisher431
I am using HS325HB servos. Is there a way to rewire the Y connector so the servos on the y connector rotate oppisite and both flaps will rotate down with the flaps control.
There is a way to reverse a servo internally but I do not know how to do it. My brother did it to a HS425BB in his Ultra Stick.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:44 PM
flyfisher431

Thanks for all the help guys. I figured I was over thinking this one. Going to stop by the LHS and pick up a couple of reversing y cords on the way home.

Ben
Old 03-09-2007, 10:29 PM
BillyGoat

ORIGINAL: carrellh

Since the Laser 6 is not a computerized TX, you have to leave the ailerons the way you have them. Channel 5 is gear and 6 is flaps.
For the flaps, it's simplest to use a reversing "Y" or flip one servo arm 180 degrees.

I was thinking Optic 6. [8D]