Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

RC ONLY SITE

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 11:13 PM
jclebout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC ONLY SITE

Has anyone have any dealing with RCOnlySite,,,,,,dealer of CRRC Pro Engines and ARF planes...

I ordered an Extra 300 -140 Arf,on line via their site with same name.com,,, billing to my credit card was done the very same day,,,, but i never received any confirmation from them except a notice from PayPay confirming the order,,,,,,,
After a week,,,i sent an email to the dealer asking for shipment details,,ie,,,,ups tracking number,,,,didnt receive a reply
Another week went by,,and a second email was sent ,,,and guess what,,,,still no reply

I can see delays in shipping,,,but the fact they wont reply to my mail has me worried,,,,,,, Would like to know if others have had good transactions with this dealer,,,,,

JC
Old 01-28-2009, 11:39 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: RC ONLY SITE

what happens when you call 561-577-3075
Old 01-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Bob Yeager
My Feedback: (5)

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8411670/tm.htm

The above thread may be of interest to you.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:43 AM
Ram Jet

I get a FAX "handshake" noise.

Bill
Old 01-29-2009, 10:22 AM
chopper man

I would be calling my credit card company so fast it would make your head spin.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:36 PM
jclebout

I did call the phone # shown in FLY RC 561-577-3075,,,,,,Person who answered sounded very old and was very evasive....His first answer when i questionned as to why the order had not been shipped ,,he simply replied,,,we never got your order,,,,,when i stated that i had rcvd confirmation from PayPal withing 10 mins of placing the order,,,he simply replied,,,,then your problem pal is why PayPal ,,not us ,,we never got your order,,,,,,then i asked why i never received a reply to my email,,,,,and his answer was simply,,,,,,,What e-mail,,,,,,,

I told him that unless my credit card was credited within 24 hrs,,i would send a list of all the complainants of this site to PayPal,,,,,he said go ahead and hung up,,,,
Now i know what we are dealing with,,,,

I called PayPal and they will look into the matter,,,and my credit card company told me they would likely credit my account after the investigation is over,,,,,,

I think my purchases of hobby stuff will be done via local merchants,,,,,,prices may be a tad high at times,,but one doesnt get ripped off,,,,,,

Will keep you all posted of the situation

JC
Old 01-29-2009, 03:29 PM
OldScaleGuy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I fully understand your frustration and i would be frustrated as well. I hate to blow my own horn here but i run a small rc business mostly internet based and i would never treat a customer like you have been treated. We stand behind our products and ship in a timely manner. Sure, we have inventory issues from time to time but always work with the customers to let them know the status of their order. This is not a sales pitch, the point is, caution is needed but there are good companies out there too.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:40 AM
jstanton
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

JC,

This guy has ripped off many people here on RCU. I was ripped off by him for a total of $125.00 and I'll never see it becasue I tried to believe him when he gave the the excuse he had been in the hospital. You have only 60 days to get your credit card refunded so please do so ASAP. I wait for a total of 3 months and the credit card company sais I had to deal with him on the matter.[:@]

I called the local court house in his area and filed a complaint and was going to take him to small claims court for a total of $581.00 for a CMP Zero and CJ retracts. When he heard this he said he could not get the CMP Zero any longer and ask if I would take a CMP Corsair with a CRRC 26 and retracts. I told him I would just so I would not have to go all the way to Florida to take him to court. I did recieve the Corsair and CRRC 26 but never have gotten the retracts. The CMP Corsair and CRRC 26 was worth $450.00 according to his wed site. I found out because I took shipment from him I can not take him to court over it any longer. So please get your money back ASAP and pass the word a long about this guy
Old 02-04-2009, 11:00 AM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

I was also ripped off by this clown for $265.00. Check the thread in Giant scale, gas engines , then SY props. I also wrote a letter to FLYRC magazine about his dishonest dealings with his customers. Maybe a class action lawsuit might be in order?
Paul
Old 02-04-2009, 11:06 AM
jstanton

Paul is right. We both got ripped off by this guy.[:'(] I was succesful in getting something from by by file a complaint with the loacl court house in his are and letting him know we where going to small claims court.

Here is what I sent to FlyRC Magazine.

Dear Sir;

I would like you to know about a person who is ripping people off and he is advertising in your magazine. In the October issue of FlyRC on page 57 there is an add for “Deals in RC†His web site is RCOnlysite.com. Last May I paid for and bought a CMP Zero with Century Jet retracts for $581.00 After a month I had not received anything so I called him. I had already sent 3 e-mails with no response. He told me he was in the hospital and would get back with me when he got out. Another 2 weeks went buy. I called and he was still sick. He has used this same excuse with more than me. I have talked to others on RC Universe and they had said he used the same excuse with them. I finely called my credit card company and they said I had 60 days to get my money refunded and it had already been 3 months so I would have to deal with him.

I called the local court house in Florida and started the proceedings to take him to small claims court. I called him and told him if I did not get my money back I was coming down to Florida and we where going to court. He said he could no longer get me the CMP Zero with CJ retracts and ask if I would take a CMP Corsair, CRRC 26 and retracts. I told him I would just so I would not have to go to Florida. I did get the CMP Corsair and CRRC 26 but the retracts have never showed up and he will not answer my calls or e-mails any longer. I don’t want this to happen to anyone else and I saw his add in you magazine. I thought you would like to know. The Corsair and CRRC 26 came to a total of $450.00 so I am out $131.00. I found out I cannot do anything about is because I took shipment from him on the order.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Ram Jet

I think we are all very trusting of what might appear to be a fellow modeler. I am. I read the first post on this topic a few days ago and got quite nervous as I had just sent money to a guy in another state for an engine. We have since exchanged many E-mails and my engine was shipped Monday and I was given a tracking numnber by the seller. I'm not nervous but have to admit that I was really hanging it all out so to speak. What a great scam this could be. Earn a persons trust and establish a need for an item. Offer to sell the item with none on hand and wait for payment. Get the paymnet and change your E-mail address and don't answer the phone or let the calls roll to your answering machine. Every time the economy tanks it seems that wierd schemes pop up. One thing I did was go to the web and find a site that is called something like "white pages". Plug in the guys name and address. If the person's name and address pops up you MIGHT be OK. I think we all better be a-bit cautious during this economic downturn.

As an ex banker I know that there used to be something called a "bank draft" where upon you present your bank with the sellers cash and they notify a correspondant bank in the sellers area, or the sellers bank directly. The sellers bank notifys the seller that they are holding your money on condition of shipping your purchase. That way the legit seller is confident that you aren't a flake, ships your item, you receive it, notify your bank to release the funds and everybody is happy. The cost of the draft is worth the additional security.

Bill
Old 02-05-2009, 05:18 PM
jstanton

I e-mailed FlyRC Magazine the other day about Barry Cohen and his web site RCOnlysite.com. You see RCOnlysite advertised with FlyRC Magazine in 2008. Here is what Mr Atwood had to say about Barry Cohen of RCOnlysie.

Hello All,

I'm Tom Atwood, editor-in-chief of Fly RC magazine. We wanted to share with you that RCOnly contracted to place five ads with Fly RC in 2008; our accounting department reports that RCOnly has not remitted any payment for those ads. Moreover, RCOnly has gone into collections and the matter is now in the hands of an attorney. We wanted the facts to be known

[email protected]

Looks like something just might happen here
Old 02-05-2009, 08:41 PM
dhal22

what a loser.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:12 PM
FLAPHappy

Ramjet, I think you missed the topic. This about a buyer, not a seller. The expertise you have may work in the banking industry, but not for the common guy. I can't change my email address everytime when I suspect something is wrong, and I will never do that. We are talking about a dishonest seller that advertises with FLYRC magazine, numerous times last year, and has ripped of many people in this hobby as a result.
Read the threads.
The RConlysite.com, has dishonestly taking payments from people that paid for with credit cards, check or cash, and received nothing.
Can this continue? Not. If you read the threads, I was not the only person ripped off here, it's across the country, including Canada for God's sake. Oh, some people call his number advertised, get a message, or he's in the hospital and can't take your call, nevertheless, he won't call you back anyway. If by chance you catch him off guard, he may answer the phone, but all you will get is a possitive negitive, in other words, nothing. He'll give you a mind full of explanations, and if your dumb enough to fall for it , as I did, took him at his word........ forget it.
So my suggestion is not to make any deals with this clown, and wait until FLYRC.com doe's with it. Oh, someone mentioned not to get risky in an ecnomic down turn????? Well, I am just stating the facts as they are, downturn or not, this guy is a cheat, liar and will ripp you off.
If any Judge in this U.S would condone his actions, we are in big trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beware freinds.......
Old 02-07-2009, 09:25 PM
FLAPHappy

Ramjet, I may have spoken out of turn, but most of us use credit cards to purchase items, or money orders. Once the check or money order has cleared, just like the credit card, you have 30 days to dispute the charge. I have never had a problem with money orders, but I don't trust that either. Once the money order is cashed, and you do not have the product? Same senerio, as a credit card. You got Zip and he got your money. Cashed checks same thing.
Now how do you fight a Bank of America???????? You don't. You file complaints, and they do Zip on refunding your money after a certain time has expired. Well, In Mr Cohens instance, he has it timed , he waits until the required time, then charges you again, and you can't do anything about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't give me banking expertise please.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Ram Jet

Hi Flap. My banking expertise vanished with my last paycheck from the AT&T Fedral Credit Union in 1987. The industry has changed a-lot and I don't know squat. Hey I'm a poet. Anyway, I paid a guy $347.00 for new in box engine that I have yet to receive. My initial conacts were via RCU. I think I'm OK as I have exchanged several E-mails with this gentleman since mailing my money order. A money order is not guarantee that you will ever get anything but a confirmation that it was cashed and when. I heard that Pay Pal's guarantees are hollow also. We give $350 billion to the Financial Services Industry and they spend our hard earned money buying out weaker institutions and $75,000.00 on area rugs for their Presidents offices. I'm not nieve and I'll spare you a story about a New Jersey judge who screwed me out of $200,000.00. If you have any confidence in the Executive, Judicial or Legislative Branches of the U.S. Government federal, State or Local you are naieve. Stop with the letters/responses, this is RCU not a political forum. If you want to do a political debate PM me.

I will tell you a story about a company in PA by the name of Continental Motors that jerked me around so badly in my attempt to purchace some aluminum Boriani Italian motorcycle rims. I sent copies of my parcel post receipts and a letter of explaination to Visa and they charged back the merchants accout and credited mine. Would Visa do that today? Doubt it. This was 1977. I just hope that before I die I can meet these guys in a blind alley.

Be very careful sending money to anyone in any form. Especially considering the difficult economic times we find ourselves in. Desperate people do deperate things. Buy your stuff at swap meets and garage sales.

If I have offended you in any way I apologize.

Best regards,
Bill
Old 02-08-2009, 12:02 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Here's another site that pulls all the same tricks on you and you never get anything but a stall off until it is too late to get your money back

http://www.quicktechhobby.com/
Old 02-08-2009, 12:29 AM
FLAPHappy

Bill: No you have not offended me or anyone here. My only contention is to get this individual identified, to the RC public, and let it known he has acted in a non-business like manner. Meaning , he ripped many people off, not just me, but then again, we do not know yet, the extent of his fraud in his dealings. We will find out and I am sure it will be noticed in all RC forums.
I got involved with this hobby , because I love aircraft, always facinated by flight. Then some person has to take advantage of people and deceive them, that's why I am angry. The dishonesty of dealers that prey on honest people in not only this hobby but others as well, and I am sure there are many, you just have to expect some someone, someday will ripp you off. A very sad time. Take care my friend.

I thank you for your reply.
Paul
Old 04-08-2009, 06:59 PM
My Feedback: (4)

To all who have be had by Barry Cohen,

Here is what I am doing, if we all get involved, we can at least make his life crappy. I call him several times a day and ask for
a refund. He swears at me and hangs up. I just call back. I am polite, but insist on a refund for product that was paid for and not sent.
If everyone called 561-577-3075 2 or 3 times a day, we could at least make his life hell until he changes his number.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:22 PM
dhal22

i just might help you out there 2711
Old 04-08-2009, 07:30 PM
bri_877

I email him at least three times a day. I request my refund and attach a copy of the receipt. It amazes me that he continues to get away with this, I figure it's just a matter of time before someone pays him a visit.[>:]
Old 04-08-2009, 09:22 PM
jstanton

I think I'll start calling him and send a e-mail or two or three a day I paid for a set of retracts and for some reason they never got here[:'(]
Old 04-09-2009, 05:11 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Update. We are filling his voicemail. He actually answered the phone today and told me what I should do to myself [sm=biggrin.gif]. He is mad because his voice mail is full all the time. I called him about 10 times today. He is going to get sick of me and give a refund or I will call him until the cows come home. Thanks for all the help!!
Old 04-10-2009, 07:33 AM
bri_877

WE NEED MORE CALLERS !!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Gonzalo38

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't understand how people keep placing orders with this guy. There's been reports since mid last year that this guy is not complying with what he offers.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post11997952

I guess I made the same mistake at the time........ not using the net to investigate the website before placing an order.

Be careful with this since he uses different nicks here in RC Universe and RC Groups to advertise and make everybody believe how great is his service.

Good luck to all of you who have lost some money with this guy and hopefully you recover it as I was able to do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.