Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Dubai - RC Events

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 10:49 PM
Falconeer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dubai - RC Events

Hi hamidr62.

Get that car, it is good for that price. The Inferno US Sports 2 was my first too. I loved it. Now its for spares!
Old 12-28-2009, 11:12 PM
dxbdude

Welcome t
ORIGINAL: hamidr62

Hi everybody I’m very new in rc hobby and still I don’t have my car , But I’m going to have one very soon !

I’m happy that I found this forum and now I can be in touch with guys that they are rc addicted and they are living in UAE.

Could you please add me in the mailing list, and also I have a question ;

I’m planning to buy a Kyosho inferno us sports 2 . I want to know is it a good car !? Also is it good for me as a beginner !? All cars I see here was in other brands like Team Losi , Traxxas , HPI and….

Thanks

hamid welcome to the forum and rc community.

Inferno US sports is on of the best and my first buggy as well...go for it and see you soon in the track...
Old 12-29-2009, 05:44 AM
hamidr62

Thanks for your kind words . I'm really eager to see you guys there in the track . already I went there 1 time

As you know in LHS before they sell the car to you they will run it and test it for the first time , sometimes I saw that they are making full throttle or sudden breaks !
Do this make a problem in break in process !? is it better that I take the car and run it by myself for the first time and then break in process !? is there any charge for running ro first strart !?
By the way all my knowledge is from the forums and the videos in youtube !
please give me an advice...

Thanks
*Edit : Which kind of fuel percentage you suggest for Inferno ?

Old 12-29-2009, 05:40 PM
tommygun32

Hi guys,

I will add the names requested to the mailing list once I get back from the States.

hamid, welcome and yah, it's a good buggy. I'd run 15 - 20 % fuel, that way you won't need to shim your head. Please wait before breaking in your engine. It's real easy to destroy one of these engines if not broken in properly. I'm sure someone here will be willing to help you with that and can tell you a time they will be at the track to give you a hand with the break in.

If you haven't had any help by the time I get back, just let me know and we can meet up at the track.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:05 PM
RUSTED

hey,

can u plz add me on the mailing list also ( [email protected] )

thanks
Old 12-30-2009, 05:16 PM
tommygun32

Will do Abdulla, thanks.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:10 PM
M.Lopes

Hi Guys

Can you add me to your mail list.

I would like to join in on the fun of nitro off road i have a in inferno 1/8 nitro buggy.
Yesterday I was at the Nad al Sheba race track for the first time it needs some TLC but good for some fun, I will be there today.

So add me to your discussions please.

My email is

[email protected]
Old 12-31-2009, 10:41 PM
tommygun32

Will do.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:59 PM
hamidr62

Thunder Tiger or Kyosho !? [8D]
(Specially Kyosho inferno us sport 2 VS Thunder Tiger EB-4 S3) !?
Old 01-03-2010, 04:41 AM
Falconeer

Hi,
Anyone carry Hitec Servos here? I am looking for steering and some spare parts (gear set).
Let me know asap please so maybe I save some over ebay.

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:52 AM
M.Lopes

Hi

Have you tried the hobby shop near the clock round about air port rd?

They have lots of stock of all things.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Falconeer

I believe you are referring to Hobby Center... the worst and the most expensive place in town! Whenever I went there for a spare part, they did not have it. Got things sooner and much cheaper from A Main Hobbies![:@][:@][:@]

The shop near Lamcy Plaza is GOOD! The guy Saji there is very friendly and prices are okay. I dunno its name though.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:59 AM
M.Lopes

Thanks for ur views on the Hobby Centre.

As i am still newin Dubai and finding the right suppliers for the nitro cars has not been that easy.

I did find spares at the hobby centre but they are relocating the shop elsewhere now and to get anything from them it’s a mission.

I am currently driving an inferno sport 2 body with an o.s 30vg engine it goes a lot better than the engine that comes standard with the car.

Today is my last day off from vacation and I will be soon going to the Nad al Sheba track.

As soon as i get some time i will go and visit the shop that you have mentioned.

Hope that we can meet up someday soon and hope you find what you are looking for.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:17 PM
hamidr62

Break in process must be at on-road !?
Old 01-05-2010, 11:33 PM
tommygun32

Not necessarily, just flat surface. No jumping while you're breaking the engine in.

Falconeer, the on road hobby shop near Lamcy is closed and empty. Happened to drive by it just before Christmas. The helicopter and plane LHS's are still there though.

As far as spares for Kyosho....online. Hobby Center never had what I needed and they always gave me that same old story "it's on order....maybe 1 month." . And as stated previously...what a mission just to get there now that their MOE shop has closed down....no thanks.

Get the stuff from AMAIN. It's actually cheaper, even with shipping. Most shops in Dubai will HAVE TO mark up their stuff more than double to make it worth their while after their shipping, rent, staff, bills, etc....

For little things like electrics, filters, fuel, fuel tubing, plugs, OS Engines and parts, paint....check out Toys & Us.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:39 AM
hamidr62

There is also another shop called Hobby World . I asked them they have kyosho products also cheaper than hobby center. But I didn't go there...

Hobby World

New store in Dubai. Exclusive products with great value. Tel: 3366534

[*]

Main Brands : World Models, JR, Futaba.

[*]

[*]

Timing: Open everyday 9:00 am to 9.00 pm. Contact Person : Mr.Samir

[/list]
Old 01-06-2010, 02:34 PM
M.Lopes

I found the joy hobby shop near Lamcy plaza

Small place but the price and service is good.

Found some odds and ends at good prices.
Will anyone be at the race track at Nadd al sheba this weekend?
If so what time do the guys meet up?

i feel the need for some speed
Old 01-06-2010, 09:53 PM
tommygun32

I'm still in the States....so no, not me.

Anybody Else Going???
Old 01-07-2010, 05:24 AM
RevoG

I am hoping to get out there on Friday afternoon. That is if the whole work situation will let me. Hope to see some of you out there on Friday.

RevoG
Old 01-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Falconeer

Tommygun:
Don't think so! Was there past week and picked up accessories. Guess he was renovating or was just closed for Christmas.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:22 PM
hamidr62

Hi fellas

There different methods of breaking in th engine . in some of them they say for the first tank let engine work idle , and in some they say put the car on the box or something and let the tires be free . for the other tanks is mostly same .
But in traxxas method or some of them they say from the first tank put the car on the ground and using for first tank 1/4 throttle second tank 1/2 and go on...
I want to ask u guys about your experiences that which one would be better ?
and also usually u can see that they say run the engine little bit reach or little bit richer than normal in breaking in proccess .

Thanks
Old 01-08-2010, 12:30 PM
tommygun32

I use the heat cylce method and run my engines rich for the first gallon at least. Last engine, I'm still running rich and it has more than a gallon through it so far. It's just about ready now.

Do a search in these forums with the words "heat cycle" or "Heat cycle break in".

There are some very detailed posts that explain how to do this.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:29 AM
biker_jet

Hi guys,

Im new to the world of RC and I would like to know which one should I get. I would like to do some rc drifting and I dont know if Nitro is the way to go or electric. Is there any tracks for on-road rc here in dubai?I dont want to get an off-road trucksince I ride a superbike and carrying a 1/8 scale truckto nad al sheba is not option for me. I may go with an on-road car since I can probably fit it in inside my tank bag. Now,is electriccars any fun to drive?I know the screaming sound of a nitro engineis exhilarating but i know I can onlyrun it in tracks since I may annoy our neighbors if I try to run in an empty car park in Karama.Any inputs will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-13-2010, 01:03 AM
hamidr62

Hi biker_jet , Welcome to this exciting world...

First of all big YES ! there is a very good rc on-road track in al lisaili in Dubai-Al Ain road . you can go back a few pages and find the location or if you can not find it let me know I will help you .

About Nitro or Electric ( Just a view , I'm not going for details ) ;

in Electric the first thing that you have to consider is the battery , because normally each battery working for 15 to 20 min and you have to change it or recharge it . it means you have to have at least 3 pack for having a little fun   But nowadays they are going faster than nitro car specially brushless editions . and also the maintenance for electric car is almost nothing..

in Nitro as u said there is a lovely sound and also the battery problem is gone and you can fill the fuel tank as much as u want but there is a maintenance for nitro engines specially after run procedure , for the beginning you need break in process . 

In my opinion nitro is better if you want to feel that you are running a car not a toy  ( No offense to Electric owners ) I know may be the break in or after run would be a mess for so many poeple and a big headache ! They want to just run the car and after that leave it in the corner of their room and be ready for the next time...
But I like to maintain my car touch every part fill the tank and hear a musical sound when pushing the throttle

I hope each one u choose have fun with it . Also you can search this entire site specially there are big discussions reagrding to Nitro Or Electric...
Old 01-22-2010, 03:40 PM
hamidr62

Hi Guys ,

I want to know what you will use for after run procedure for cleaning che chasis , body and engine ?
Do you use any air compressor ? which psi ? which cfm ?
is it good to clean the engine with wd-40 and then use the After Run Oil ? anybody here use the wd-40 !?
is it safe for use it on the plastic ?
anybody here use denatured alcohol ? from where I can find it ? Do you know anything about the home made rc cleaner from CAR ACTION people !? Simpe green (dettol surface cleaner) + Denatured alcohol + wd-40 !?

Lots of questions !!!
I hope some one can help me in this issue...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.