Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

RC Surfer

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 05:15 PM
kitekook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

Gotta say this kinda pisses me off!

I made no comment on behalf of "THE CLUB OF RC SURFING AT PRO LEVEL" nor do I have any link associating me with that association. How you would know that....???

And why would it matter...unless you have an axe to grind?

In fact, the founder of that association will probably (edit buy every last one of those boards for that price...he has been complaining that there were not any more left.

I think that this tendency towards aggressive posts will be the end of all the forums...killed one ,split it into two and neither are very fun any more, the fact we are all back here proves my point ie; they are DEAD.

Sure some will stay and post "LOOK at ME" type posts...but the people who are forward thinking will just 'be over it' and stop posting all together. Why take abuse from 'some nobody, from nowhere, with no real intentions? Just attitude.

The only link I have posted is one to my blog at tumblr...read it or not I do not care. It is a record of the RC Surf Divas and their journey towards the Ultimate Surfer...warn you...could take a while.

I believe all the modification posts have been posted....Jimi went through great lengths to refine that production model...I use many of his concepts in my own...don't see anything groundbreaking on the horizon...Forum Dead ...rather go Surfing
Old 07-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Jimi Findrix

Hope you are all getting a few waves.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:13 PM
surfcurls
Banned

The RCSA is not dead, just going thru the motions to obtain Club Status.
We are working on Article III which will need yet another vote.
Bad Billy is on top of it, and directs me on what is needed next. We talked 2 hours last night on NEXT
We are moving forward at a quick pace, it has only been two months since we started the whole gig.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:14 PM
MassiveOverkill

ORIGINAL: RC HAWAIIAN STYLE

Massoverkill
Sorry to have offended you, did not mean to sound so negative. I started with two Chinese Lisa's. i agree They are a good inexpensive way to see if you like the hobby,, the only problem is unless your jimi, you get water in it and shorts out,,, we are hoping the auseys are going to make one that works right out of the box,

Maui john

No problem man. I pretty much figured after reading through some of the posts that many would just gut the hull and convert to a brushless\lipo setup and ditch the stock electronics. Hopefully the pictures in the 2nd link are what people get instead of the product pictures, showing exposed circuit boards.

ORIGINAL: kitekook

I took offense when a neewbe on his third post to our forum attacks a long time contributor with his comments...

Conspiracy theory much?

Why don't you look at the pictures that I linked like everyone else.

why not be nice and say the antenna is clearly visible in the photos I linked to....it's the curly wire protruding from the hatch cover.

NOOOO...lets get aggro!

Mr. Pot, please meet Mr. Kettle

........whatever.

I personally don't care what kind of Surfer you Surf...as long as you Surf.

And what if I don't surf, does that make me any less of a human being? I don't hate surfing.......I just don't do it (maybe part of it is that I'm a bad swimmer).

I'm not into surfing nor really have any interest in the RC surfer myself, but guess what.............
I'd like to fill in the blank...

But then JustAddWater would be at my door.

Thanks for the link...please let us know when your board arrive.

I don't plan on buying it, just figured I'd pass on a good deal after seeing the price of these things online.

ORIGINAL: kitekook

Gotta say this kinda pisses me off!

I made no comment on behalf of "THE CLUB OF RC SURFING AT PRO LEVEL" nor do I have any link associating me with that association. How you would know that....???

Umm you may want to remove the "RC Surf Divas. Tumblr.com" from your signature........Google search's first link comes up with:

http://www.********************.com/...php?t=43&p=337

And why would it matter...unless you have an axe to grind?

I'm a secret agent who's sole purpose is to undermine the RC surfing community. I'm actually the manufacturer of the product Iposted and every ******** that receives a unit will be taken out by a cleverly hidden potasium bomb.

In fact, the founder of that association will probably (edit buy every last one of those boards for that price...he has been complaining that there were not any more left.

The whole reason why I posted the deal in the first place

I think that this tendency towards aggressive posts will be the end of all the forums...killed one ,split it into two and neither are very fun any more, the fact we are all back here proves my point ie; they are DEAD.

Mr. Pot, please meet Mr. Kettle

Sure some will stay and post "LOOK at ME" type posts...but the people who are forward thinking will just 'be over it' and stop posting all together. Why take abuse from 'some nobody, from nowhere, with no real intentions? Just attitude.

The only link I have posted is one to my blog at tumblr...read it or not I do not care. It is a record of the RC Surf Divas and their journey towards the Ultimate Surfer...warn you...could take a while.

I believe all the modification posts have been posted....Jimi went through great lengths to refine that production model...I use many of his concepts in my own...don't see anything groundbreaking on the horizon...Forum Dead ...rather go Surfing

You should, I think you'll feel a whole lot better and forget about this keyboard war.

Really can we stop this here?

Old 07-18-2012, 06:46 PM
surfcurls
Banned

Whats The reason you posted ?

You stated you are not into rc surfing ?
might be more fun to fly a Kite In Maui ...
Old 07-18-2012, 07:07 PM
MassiveOverkill

ORIGINAL: surfcurls

Whats The reason you posted ?

You stated you are not into rc surfing ?
so why spend your "valuable" time looking under all the rocks
just to find out you can pound sand yourself ?

How's OZ Mate ?
You can't fool a fool,
might be more fun to fly a Kite In Maui ...
Hey look! A vendor selling RC Surfers for nearly $500

"This Kit Requires Assembly.
Transmitter / Receiver, Servo, Battery Not Included
But Can Be Purchased For Additional Cost

Only $495.00

I'm sure Mike Wolf from Pickers will be knockin' down your door.

Wait........wait!!!!!!!! I'm sorry!!!

$700 dollars!!!

http://www.surfcurls.com/Pro_Series_Rc_Surfer_XT.php

You guys wonder why we go to China for cheap products. America is killing itself because of greedy money-grubbing vendors charging 6 times the cost of something. Let me guess, that money is going to buy the hot blonde receptionist a new pair of boobs.

RIF
Old 07-18-2012, 08:02 PM
surfcurls
Banned

Thanks for the marketing ad

Old 07-18-2012, 08:09 PM
MassiveOverkill

Thanks for the marketing ad

However, you have no idea what you are even looking at, or spouting about.
Prove me wrong. The $495 was for what ?

I click me magic red fins three times and I go back to Kansas
leaving The Land Of OX to let them deal with their own issues ....

You have no clue. I suggest spend 5 - 10 years at this
and then give an opinion. Or buy a board from your frien Aron
and tell us what you think . 3 weaks or leaks away lol

You will find a better place to share your thoughts here:

I'm sorry, yours must be made of Unobtanium. Thaaaats why they're so expensive.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:20 PM
surfcurls
Banned

OK, I'm sold. I suggest More research
If you don't want to surf it, Plan a BBQ instead
It would be more fun to you....
Old 07-18-2012, 10:18 PM
Jimi Findrix

JIMI"S SURF REPORT

Just got back from 31/2 hours shredding up perfect 2 foot "Shipwrecks".
Light offshore and I doubt it could get much better, only bigger.
Board ran flawlessly and stayed perfectly dry.
No breakdowns or encounters with he reef today.

And... just so everyone is clear, I have absolutely no idea who this MassiveOverkill guy is, but the only reason I can see that he posted the original link was to share the cheap NQD option with everyone, and certainly not to pick a fight with anyone.

JIMI

Old 07-19-2012, 03:43 AM
Jimi Findrix

More perfection on the way.
Just a bit bigger tomorrow!

and........

TRY RESEARCHING "MassiveOverkill" previous posts if ya wanna know a bit more abuot him.

Then you will know about as much as I do.

JIMI
Old 07-19-2012, 03:56 AM
MassiveOverkill

I have succesfully infiltrated and destroyed the RC tank community, the micro heli community, RC cheapie Chineese knockoff FE boat community, and the Small Form Factor PC establishment. Oh I've also succesfullydestroyed thousands of virtual WWII tanks under my other alias "My Little Pony" (I was really pissed that someone already took the name 'MassiveOverkill'). What's really funny is that everyone thinks I'ma Brony and I get alot of scathing attacks from closet homosexuals, insecure in their manhood.

I've tried really hard to stay out of keyboard wars as you can see I'm easy prey to them, but some of you make it waaaayy too easy.

My next victims are the fixed wing Seaplane community

Thanks again for those that have PM'd me and Jimi.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:10 AM
Jimi Findrix

Thanks again for the link Killer. [8D]

Old 07-19-2012, 04:30 AM
Jimi Findrix

Hey Dudettes,

Can't wait till tomorrow, hope it is as much fun as today was!

LOL!

JIMI
Old 07-19-2012, 04:54 AM
Jimi Findrix

Hey Killer,

Love the quotes,

Delete, delete, too late, ha, ha, ha.

JIMI

Old 07-19-2012, 11:12 AM
YPC

LOL LOL LOL

Man! ............it took me a good few minutes to clean all the **** of my pc screen when I opened up the forum this evening........................LOL....LOL...I'm staying out of it.......I promised the kids.

BUT - what a sweet deal.....$69 - a good number.......JIMI - let me know if they are the same quality as the NQD..............most of my mates want a rc surfer ...............but wont pay me the $1000 I want to build them a 'custom one'.....................LOL.............what makes you think I want to !

$70 for the unit - $ 60 for shipping to SA - $ 200 for the Internal upgrade (motor- esc -servo -TX/ RX - drive shaft - seals - 2 x batteries) .............. some TLC time in the workshop TOATL = $330.........and as you have shown..........the NQD does the business...........I may just get my kids one ...........

Surf's been non existent in the bay.............like our sharks............seems the waves have also gone to OZ..........send them all back JIMI.........

Been plugging my trade again whilst waiting for some surf -put my 'experiments on hold -instead decided to build a 'Maui John' Hawaii style board................'classic'........
Round/Pin tail - 70 mm nose rocker...... wide rail to rail.......flat bottom............healthy pod.........700 x 200 x 30.........used polyurethane 'surfboard foam' this time...........some what denser- really great to work with.

I'll hang some photos out tomorrow.

PS - F1 Tunnel

I am catching up with all my mail............will send you a mail with regards to the Inboard Unit.
Thanks for chasing me down.

Regards
Dominic (Bro'Surfer)
Old 07-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Jimi Findrix

Go for it  Wilfrad!
Old 07-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Jimi Findrix

Hey Dom,
The $69 includes postage anywhere in the world.
If you build one for the kids or mates I will be more than happy to help with some solutions.
The rails and inside of rudder hatch are the main leaks, once they are fixed properly your onto a winner.
I bounce mine off the reef often and just a few scratches.
If I was running a glass board it would be all smashed up by now.

I KNOW you can build a great surfer for half the price a certain "SELF PROCLAIMED MASTER" sells them for.
(One has to wonder, "Why is he still advertising if he is not doing them anymore?")
And..... yours will certainly be a lot better (More watertight) than the one that he would send ya.

Have fun building your new "Classic" Maui model too Dude.

JIMI
Old 07-19-2012, 03:07 PM
Jimi Findrix

Domski,

Be sure to put a nosegaurd on incase you run into any railway irons.
I am sure you can source them for half the price if you try!

JIMI
Old 07-19-2012, 04:00 PM
surfcurls
Banned

Some guys post so much they forget what they wrote
and once believed in. Here is a prime example:
I am Shocked Jimi is not using Kyosho Hulls
at this time ? He swore never to run the China Hulls EVER again ...
Since everyone likes quotes, enjoy this one ! TRUTH ???

ORIGINAL: Jimi Findrix

John,
The fact is most people playing around with the - don't even know the ''TRUTH''.

So here it is:

The - is an ''Illegal'' and vastly inferior Chinese copy of the ''Kyosho Lisa''.
It is a leaky piece of crap.

Jason Hall is the inventor of the RC Surfer which was manufactured by Kyosho.
Jason still owns the patent and - ''ILLEGALLY'' make CHEAP NASTY BAD copies of the second Kyosho Surfer model the ''LISA''

Now I ask everybody on this forum,

''If you invented something as cool as this and then the Chinese flooded the market with illegal cheap inferior copies of your invention wouldn't you be just a little bit pissed off?''

Remember, Jason does not see any royalties from these scammers.

I don't care if some people say they can make these ''Fake ILLEGAL Copies'' watertight they are still suss.
I have spoken with people who have been destroying and rebuilding their ORIGINAL RC SURFER for 15 or even 20 years and the thing still shreds.
I am on my third - hull at the moment and that is in only 6 months.
How many hulls has Seb gone through?

I am getting off the - bandwagon and supporting Jason Hall by paying out the money and having the satisfaction of operating a LEGAL Watertight Longlasting REAL RC SURFER.
The problem is that - hulls are basically the only option for most of us, that is until we build our own hull like you guys at Maui do or until we spend the money and buy a REAL RC SURFER.
Even if you do build your own hulls, please remember Jason Hall and all that he has been through over the last 20 years and give him a bit of credit for inventing the first RC Surfer.

If you do use an ''Illegal'' - and don't even know it is an ILLEGAL FAKE COPY then it is not really your fault, but if you do know and you continue to turn a blind eye, then you are really just supporting criminals because you won't part with the money and support the inventor.

Yes, they may be a bit harder to find but they are out there.
I know because I have 2 of them.

So now that you all know ''THE TRUTH'' that you are really just supporting a great big ILLEGAL SCAM why don't you do some homework and get REAL.

I have been using - for 6 months because that is what I was sold by a friend, at the time I bought it I did not know the whole story, the longer I play around with these little rockets the stronger my feelings about all this are becoming.

So Seb, as it turns out, I am glad you didn't take me up on my offer because I will be spending my time working on my Kyosho's from now on.
If the rest of you are happy to continue using FAKE ILLEGAL CHEAP LOOKING RIDERS on top of FAKE ILLEGAL LEAKY RIPOFF HULLS indefinately, then that is up to you.
I hope you can all sleep well at night.

I still have 3 usable - hulls and I will use them for a little while longer, that is until I have finished my REAL RC SURFER and LISA, then I will throw the - CRAP INTO THE BIN WHERE THEY BELONG.

If you are a guitarist and you like Strats you don't rush out and buy a CHEAP ILLEGAL Chinese copy, you save up and buy a Fender, what is the difference.

I have had enough of the lies, the real truth is ''- Sucks'' because it is selling you hulls that someone else has the patents for.

JIMI (Gero)

Go Wombarra and Go Maui RC Surfer
Old 07-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Jimi Findrix

Example
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ding-All-Warhead-Surfboard-Nose-Cone-White-/120817526893?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2149 286d
Old 07-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Jimi Findrix

Yeah so what!
When they bring out the new board I will use them instead.
Not a problem.

JIMI
Old 07-19-2012, 04:33 PM
MassiveOverkill

Some guys post so much they forget what they wrote
and once believed in. Here is a prime example:
I am Shocked Jimi is not using Kyosho Hulls
at this time ? He swore never to run the China Hulls EVER again ...
Since everyone likes quotes, enjoy this one ! TRUTH ???
Ummm, Kyosho no longer makes the Kyosho Surfer. He's supposed to support Kyosho on a product they no longer make? I wouldn't be surprised if NQDbought some of the plans\tooling\whatever from Kyosho (although I'm not ruling out they simply cloned it)............happens all the time.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Jimi Findrix

I have just built a Kyosho and will be testing it soon.

Just having some fun with the last NQD I had left in the shed.
Now that I have worked out how to seal them properly I actually don't dislike them so much.
Surfs so well I bought 3 more from Aaron. (1 is for Luke)

Doesn't change the fact that they are copies of someone elses design.

I will be supporting Wombarra 100% when they release their next product.

JIMI
Old 07-19-2012, 04:59 PM
surfcurls
Banned

ORIGINAL: Jimi Findrix

Yeah so what!
When they bring out the new board I will use them instead.
Not a problem.

JIMI

So What ?
No Wonder you have "Outlaws" on your boards.
You crack me up ...

To All USA Buyers that rather have hulls made in our great Country
Just wait to sea what we have going on !

Too FUNNY Said The Pot to The KETTLE !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.