Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
 the case of the missing prop blade >

the case of the missing prop blade

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

the case of the missing prop blade

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the case of the missing prop blade

Ok here is my problem and my background…problem: I bought a pro boat miss lumar and finally got it tuned in so it runs well but now my problem is that I am snapping off prop blades at the hub. The remaining blade is still there and intact but the other is gone with out a trace. Where we run it has no grass or debris in the pond. And I am certain I am not running aground. Is it possible that I am going thru turns to sharp, cavitating and when it hooks up that’s when sling the blade??
My background is: I raced RC cars as a kid in the le 80’s until I discovered girls and spent all of my extra money on them. When I got older I started racing boats (drag racing V-6 mercury outboards) then I found my son had a taste for boat racing and we started hydroplane racing check out our website www.johnnybgoodracing.com

Sorry for the long winded question but if anyone can shed some light on the mystery of “the case of the missing prop blade” it would be much appreciated.

JT
Old 04-28-2010, 08:23 PM

Default RE: the case of the missing prop blade

i am assuming there plastic props ?
i tried some along time ago just as test props, using them to test what works best then once i determined what was the best size replace with a metal prop.
unfortunately the plastic props are not always very good everyone i tried broke at around 2/3 throttle.some had the centre bore off line others just to weak
i would suggest a metal prop or carbon props
Old 04-28-2010, 08:31 PM

thanks much for the advise, where would you recomend getting one? is there a particular vender you reccomend?
Old 04-28-2010, 09:14 PM

jst looked up the pro boat # s i have .118 shaft size and 134 X 2.06

thanks again!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:37 PM

this is probably the best place to get props http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/categories.php?cat=16
have a look on some forums for the boat you have and see what props guys are changing to, the carbon ones are cheap and dont need balancing so you can try a few different ones.
some smaller shafts need a adapter, usually a small piece of brass tube does the trick.