Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official Rustler Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 01:05 PM
rayndog3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Rustler Thread

ORIGINAL: hindupimp2384

Hey
I want to know what are some great tires for Concrete and/or Asphalt, and also good all Terrain tires. Links, product names/item and anything that will help me find the tires. And also i do alot of barrel rolls what can i do to stop it or limit it. and also some good shocks. My car is the Rustler in the Vid above.
I'm lookin into getting anaconda tires for mine, I hear those are good for the asphalt.
www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p

Old 02-27-2011, 01:26 PM
computerkid

when i said the green light is in the stock wall charger , and no neither the wheels nor do i have changed the batteries in the radio , have been using it for around 3 months , but the runing time in total of the rustler is around lets say 4 days ( divided in 25 to 20 min runs ) so that would aprox be around 2o times iv used the rustler with trhe same batt in the radio
Old 02-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Karontu

if your motor is spinning but your tires arent then check to see if one of your hubs or rims is stripped out.

from there go to the pinion and spur gear, see if either of those is stripped or is missing teeth.

it's all a process of elimination
Old 02-27-2011, 02:25 PM
rayndog3

the screws that hold the motor in could have come loose and it backed the pinion gear away from the spur gear. that happened to mine.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Aljo

So guys another video is up this one is more extensive [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCIQF407Y4o[/youtube] let me know what you think of the handling. 11min 34sec long video.

Dude the 3s on the SV2 sucks its raises the heat super fast even at 14/90 gear and shreads my tires.. 2s LiPo are the best at 14-19/86-90 gearing.

And Yes am still using the plastic yokes, halfshafts and stub axle
Do you have a infrared temp gauge? Good temps are around 150F upto 165F and to the touch it feels hot 'really hot' but this is the perfect running temp for brushless motors. Shreading your tyres? The tyres are not good quality and/or the internal foams are bad and you get too much distortion under throttle. My 1/8 buggy tyres have taken a beating and all the halfshaft twiting, snapped yokes and snapped stub axles prove the amount of torque the 4s setup is throwing to the tyres these are my tyres. Moulded foams very durable tyres awesome grip and great wearing.

Hey
I want to know what are some great tires for Concrete and/or Asphalt, and also good all Terrain tires. Links, product names/item and anything that will help me find the tires. And also i do alot of barrel rolls what can i do to stop it or limit it. and also some good shocks. My car is the Rustler in the Vid above.
ProLine Dirt Hawgs are the best all rounder tyre road and off-road is great but word of warning if your setup is powerful this is what will happen to them . "Pizza anyone"?lol. I recommend getting tyres and wheels not preglued on and tape the inside of the tyres to help keep form under acceleration. But for more stock setup these will be fine. My 1/8 buggy wheels are the best I love em.

ORIGINAL: Karontu

hey guys, i'm having trouble keeping my tires on my rustler, i run a 3s and it seems every time i run it i'm tightening the lock nuts down, any tips on what i can do to keep em on?
A small dab of thread lock 'just a small amount should help you.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:34 PM
thehuntingterminator

i got some bearings and an RPM bumper today, and thinking about getting a diff locker too, since i stripped the plastic diff.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Aljo

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

i got some bearings and an RPM bumper today, and thinking about getting a diff locker too, since i stripped the plastic diff.
Nice, was your diff the full plastic one or the plastic with metal teeth? When mine finally breaks I will diff lock it good and have 2 gear boxes one for bashing with locked diff and 1 for racing.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:17 PM
thehuntingterminator

it was the fully plastic one. i have 2 more, but i might just spend 15 bucks and get a steel locker that will give me more traction and never strip.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:22 PM
hindupimp2384

TIREINSERTS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Pro-Line Road Rage 2.8 (30 Series) Street Truck

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

[/b]

Pro-Line Dirt Hawg 2.8 (30 Series) All Terrain Truck

[/b]
Let me know what type of rims, i dont want the to keep breaking from jumps, rocks and everyuse.
and is that Tire insert good, do you recommend any better.

[/b]
Old 02-27-2011, 05:25 PM
thehuntingterminator

you didn't add a Dirt Hawg link, just twice the street tire link
Old 02-27-2011, 05:29 PM
hindupimp2384

REVISED

TIREINSERTS

[/b]

[/b]
Let me know what type of rims, i dont want the to keep breaking from jumps, rocks and everyuse Also 2.2" or 2.8" Tires? and is that Tire insert good, do you recommend any better.

[/b]
Old 02-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Aljo

REVISED

TIREINSERTS

[/b]

[/b]
Let me know what type of rims, i dont want the to keep breaking from jumps, rocks and everyuse Also 2.2" or 2.8" Tires? and is that Tire insert good, do you recommend any better.
[/b]
Those inserts are not for that size rim/tyre, honestly for bashing the other type inserts that those tyres come with would be fine you would just need to tape the inside of the tyre with some gaffer tape if you would like to know how to do that I think squirrel at thetoys.com has a how to on youtube. And it works great. Both those tyres are good but on a budget the Dirt Hawgs will do both terrains very well. Oh and proline have rims suited to those tyres aswell just look at the package combo with premounted and then take not of the rim model and find it unmounted if that helps.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:07 PM
Jackedman
My Feedback: (2)

have you looked at the hpi geolander tire i have them on my nitro MT2 and i had them on my other rustler before i sold it and they worked great.
Think about it
Old 03-01-2011, 03:14 PM
computerkid

ok installed new batteries , charged again the nimh batery with the stock charger ( its the only one i have and until now seems to be functioning right , takes time and is slow but charges ) by the way did not charge much around 2 min and then the red light from the charger turned green , because by the way it was already charged before but yust in case gave it a little juice . cheked the pinion gear was ok on the spur gear ,the sliper nut was ok the battery srews were on their place every thing was ok , but still the motor did not didnt work it only made that whimmmm whimmmmm sound , so i took out the the motor and and conected to the battery turned the pinion by hand and turned so nothing seems stuck on it , so then gave on the throtlle and still that whimmm whimmmmm sound looked at it closely and the motor looks as it wants to turn but does not turn so i gave it a little of finger spining to get it runing gave on the throtle and the it turn by it self , its like it needed a manual start : P jejeje to work , but it did not do that before , what could the problem be ?????? the motor is a stock brushed titan motor , pleaseeee would apreciate your help : (

ps my rustler is a XL5 basic not the vxl and its a brushed motor with blue XL5
Old 03-01-2011, 03:15 PM
computerkid

ok installed new batteries , charged again the nimh batery with the stock charger ( its the only one i have and until now seems to be functioning right , takes time and is slow but charges ) by the way did not charge much around 2 min and then the red light from the charger turned green , because by the way it was already charged before but yust in case gave it a little juice . cheked the pinion gear was ok on the spur gear ,the sliper nut was ok the battery srews were on their place every thing was ok , but still the motor did not didnt work it only made that whimmmm whimmmmm sound , so i took out the the motor and and conected to the battery turned the pinion by hand and turned so nothing seems stuck on it , so then gave on the throtlle and still that whimmm whimmmmm sound looked at it closely and the motor looks as it wants to turn but does not turn so i gave it a little of finger spining to get it runing gave on the throtle and the it turn by it self , its like it needed a manual start : P jejeje to work , but it did not do that before , what could the problem be ?????? the motor is a stock brushed titan motor , pleaseeee would apreciate your help : (

ps my rustler is a XL5 basic not the vxl and its a brushed motor with blue XL5
Old 03-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Aljo

Worn brushes is my guess connect the battery directly to the motor should spin full throttle if still same problem then motor faulty prob brushes buy new motor if it spins full throttle then your problem is most likely a dud ESC (XL5). hope this helps
Old 03-01-2011, 03:45 PM
computerkid

ORIGINAL: Aljo

Worn brushes is my guess connect the battery directly to the motor should spin full throttle if still same problem then motor faulty prob brushes buy new motor if it spins full throttle then your problem is most likely a dud ESC (XL5). hope this helps
ok when you say conect the battery directly to the motor , which lead wire of the motor should i conect first to the battery the red one or the black ???????

Old 03-01-2011, 04:02 PM
computerkid

the battery is a 7cell NIMH battery
Old 03-01-2011, 04:06 PM
electricrc68
Banned

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

:O Cool i got bearings and a RPM bumper for my bandit!!!!! (you probably know already)

Old 03-01-2011, 04:20 PM
thehuntingterminator

you gonna get those Talons now?
Old 03-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Aljo

ORIGINAL: computerkid

ORIGINAL: Aljo

ok when you say conect the battery directly to the motor , which lead wire of the motor should i conect first to the battery the red one or the black ???????

Doesn't matter which lead you connect first just put direct power to the motor and that should tell you something. Report back asap with what happens.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:30 AM
Muskokarc

Just a note to all make sure your antivirus and maleware software is up to date the site been under attack lately if you have not noticed the admin knows about it and have been trying to stop it. There is a thread open to report the threat so just let them know there so they can take the right mesures to stop the threats.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:27 AM
rayndog3

ORIGINAL: Muskokarc

Just a note to all make sure your antivirus and maleware software is up to date the site been under attack lately if you have not noticed the admin knows about it and have been trying to stop it. There is a thread open to report the threat so just let them know there so they can take the right mesures to stop the threats.
Was wondering why everytime I came here this weekend myantivirus kept blocking something.that splains it.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:30 AM
hindupimp2384

www.suku.info/index.htm

www.ionz.info/index.htm

www.tuow.info/index.htm

^^ these are the virus on this site lately.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Aljo

OK so I received my MIP Duty-X CVD kit and a BIG problem has reared it's head. The kit is not long enough for the ProTrac A arms (2nd from furthest right picture). But the Traxxas Nitro Rustler Rear Suspension Arms are shorter and will fit them perfectly and I keep my toe in but loose some width (Furthest right picture). A bit disappointing but for the power I am running I have no choice. *sigh* oh well report back when all fitted.

I have ordered these http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...44&p_catid=109 they widen the stance I just need it for the rear, I know Integy is not the best but I don't know any other option.
The shortest one of the Integy pack will do, my current ones are a pretty large offset here is how the offset is at the moment Pretty dramatic but it drives well took it out didn't get any footage worth uploading hope to have some soon from a track run. Needs to be cleaned Here is the running weight of the car so far also here are some changes I completed last night this is the car after paddock bashing today needs a good clean. Here is the car before I took it out for a bash it was ready for action, hehe
I forgot to put the MIP stickers on will do it after all is clean. Test run went 100% fine though I left the slipper the way it was before just to break it in but will be tightening it up next.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.