Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official Rustler Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 04:37 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Official Rustler Thread

cheerz m8,

im stocked with how its turning out, ill post some more pics when the lighting is done (i tinted the rear brake lights, the sticker looked... er... crap)
ive got a plan too, its nearly finished too, Ive riged up a control wire from a plane to make the throttle plates on the supercharger to open with the accelerator, cant wait

Hows the spare chassis 1/2 make a chassis with the same wheel base as most touring cars.... how cool would a monster red CAMARO with black vynal roof, or a black FBI Escalade. I sware HPI make the coolest bodys

Old 06-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Aljo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah bruvah I have the Camaro on my wish list looks soooo sweet and I agree about the Escalade could be so pimped out hmmmm more projects to come forsure.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:07 PM
thehuntingterminator

have you ran your 4wd Rusty yet? i mean bashed it hard yet?
Old 06-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Aljo

Not yet will soon need to paint the clam shell so I can then put the velcro on and need to rebuild the car with loctite as everything was being moded during the design build and didn't want to loctite it just to have to take it apart to mod something. Also need to do some photo shooting with all different wheels a promise made for a guy that supplied my FLM gear he is starting a new website this year focusing on Custom Built RC's and he wanted to have my car featured, so before I go and dirty it or break something need some nice pics. But I am really itching to see it go so won't be long now.

Also not so much a Rusty only the extended FLM chassis is Rusty and the MIP rear X-Duty CVD's are Rusty otherwise it's a Stampede / Slash 4x4 with Losi8 shocks. I have dubbed it Frank as inFrankenstein[/i]when I made that video of it running around in my workshop I was like "IT's ALIIIVE!" yes corny but fun and exciting.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:49 AM
Aljo

Frankenstein aka Frank has been rebuilt with Loctite where it was needed (screws into Aluminium). Here are pics ready to drive on street Truggy Foams Japanese rubber foam extremely grippy and they smell toxic but they stop on a dime on the vinyl flooring. And most importantly near zero ballooning on 4s I will need to balance them before going 6s for sure. Just need to paint undertray and body going to leave the top clamshell cover clear. I am very excited.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:52 AM
rayndog3

I wanna see a vid of that on 4s.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:07 AM
Aljo

Waiting on Hot Racing brand Front and Rear Sway Bar Set and TRA3932 Flat Head Machine Hex Drive Screws 3x6mm to help with the handling very sure it will be needed.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:35 AM
thehuntingterminator

not to be offensive, but are you sure its a good idea to run 6s through Slash diffs? your gonna need some really thick diff fluid (if you don't have it already) just to keep the diffs from blowing apart.
anyone know if a stock Stampede body will fit (body post match) if i have the rear dual post attatchment on my shock tower? it should if the post are the same length apart as the Stampede, but are they?
ORIGINAL: Aljo

Waiting onHot Racing brand Front and Rear Sway Bar SetandTRA3932Flat Head Machine Hex Drive Screws 3x6mmto help with the handling very sure it will be needed.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:50 AM
Aljo

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

not to be offensive, but are you sure its a good idea to run 6s through Slash diffs? your gonna need some really thick diff fluid (if you don't have it already) just to keep the diffs from blowing apart.
anyone know if a stock Stampede body will fit (body post match) if i have the rear dual post attatchment on my shock tower? it should if the post are the same length apart as the Stampede, but are they?
ORIGINAL: Aljo

Waiting onHot Racing brand Front and Rear Sway Bar SetandTRA3932Flat Head Machine Hex Drive Screws 3x6mmto help with the handling very sure it will be needed.
Yeah I have some thick grease for the diffs but you never know what will happen but when I go 6s I will be gentle on the throttle and see how it goes.
I always think if there is a will there is a way so I will say yes that body should fit rofl.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:35 AM
Aljo

Frankenstein aka Project Metamorphosis is Complete.
Test run video incoming soon.
Click pic for gallery link.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:37 AM
thehuntingterminator

what are the A-arms and shock towers from? (what model)
Old 06-21-2011, 07:44 AM
Aljo

Towers Slash 4x4 Rear towers and shocks on front and front tower and shocks on rear.
Front A arms are Traxxas Slash 4x4's and rear A arms are ProLine Protracs
Old 06-21-2011, 07:46 AM
thehuntingterminator

did you write down where everything came from for future reference?
Old 06-21-2011, 07:47 AM
Aljo

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...16#post1080016
or
Old 06-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Aljo

Old 06-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Jackedman
My Feedback: (2)

Aljo looks awesome. Not o knock it but don't you think it would of been cheaper to just buy a 1/8 buggy of truggy ??
Old 06-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Aljo

But then what do I learn except to build a pre-design, pre-engineered kit that anyone else in the world has, call me weird or crazy but I prefer to do things for myself. This project has taught me alot and will teach me more as I start to test it's limits offroad. I am sure I will need to further enhance the design and engineer fixes but it is all part of the fun and challenge. Thx for your input and interest.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:21 AM
electricrc68
Banned

hey guys do any of you run this servo in your rustlers? how does it do?

Old 06-21-2011, 12:11 PM
ImpalaPolicePack

118oz is not much.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Muskokarc

Aljo it looks great.  I agree with the hands on experience and the fun it is.   I plan to do a similar paint job on my new body but in purple. 

Now just need to have the mail strike to clear up and get my parts in.

Think regular fishing line would work for straping??  The how to video looks good and well done.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:48 PM
rayndog3

I love that paint job aljo, how did you do the fade?

I'm just starting to get into "customizing". I put the traxxas rims on my B4, but needed to do a few parts from other cars to get it to work, like sc10 rear arms, T4 mip dogbones, rustler front hub carriers, rustler front turnbuckles in the back, and stiffer springs in the back cause the shocks are laid down a bit more than on a stock B4. I also made a homemade sway bar. I need to make it a little better, looks kinda crappy, but hey it works awesome, consider this a prototype. I like customizing, when it works, LOL.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Jackedman

Akko don't take that the wrong way I think whatcha have done is awesome. Keep it up.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Aljo

ORIGINAL: Muskokarc
Aljo it looks great. I agree with the hands on experience and the fun it is. I plan to do a similar paint job on my new body but in purple.

Now just need to have the mail strike to clear up and get my parts in.

Think regular fishing line would work for straping?? The how to video looks good and well done.

Thx Musk. Nice can't wait to see it. I hate public holidays and strikes when I am waiting on parts. But love them when the car is rippin and ready to go.

Fishing line doesn't have the same ebrassion resistance and it has alot more stretch so IMO I wouldn't hold out alot of hope of it lasting more than a few runs but then again it may and it may depend on the power, terrain and the amount of prep and quality of work that you complete so it maybe something worth trying. A good strong fishing line is your best bet to optimise the chance for success. Thx I tryed to keep it to the point and not have to explain alot that you can see for yourself. Some "how to" videos really explain too much IMO.

ORIGINAL: rayndog3

I love that paint job aljo, how did you do the fade?

I'm just starting to get into "customizing". I put the traxxas rims on my B4, but needed to do a few parts from other cars to get it to work, like sc10 rear arms, T4 mip dogbones, rustler front hub carriers, rustler front turnbuckles in the back, and stiffer springs in the back cause the shocks are laid down a bit more than on a stock B4. I also made a homemade sway bar. I need to make it a little better, looks kinda crappy, but hey it works awesome, consider this a prototype. I like customizing, when it works, LOL.
Thx yeah the fade was basically controlled spraying allowing the over spray to travel enough to cause the effect All Tamiya Polycarb Paints Ps-17 3 coats 1st then PS-6 3 coats then PS-16 for side windows and the hint finish through the roof and rear tray. This is only my 2nd paint job I have ever done so it was a winged experiment that worked out. I am not huge on watching someone on YouTube showing me how to do things but it comes in handy to confirm what you think is a good idea. But in the end, think before you do is the method worth taking and learning with.
That is exactly how to begin customizing keep it up I think that sway bar is a great prototype and has given me something to think about for the Rustler. Cheers!

ORIGINAL: Jackedman

Akko don't take that the wrong way I think whatcha have done is awesome. Keep it up.
No offence taken bruvah you have a good point and one worth making, just replying with my two cents. Thx again.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Jackedman

Well with all this talk about building I think I'm going to start my new motor mount once I get this seaplane in building done and get to some land action again.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:08 PM
thehuntingterminator

anyone yall know of done a Rustler crawler? like true crawler with 4wd and everything? just wondering cuz i thought it might be kinda cool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.