Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 10:29 AM
thedr
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC
If you wanted to waterproff your esc/receiver, all you would have to do is put a ballon over it.
Because you can't baloon most ESCs as they need to breath. Balooning them leads to overheating and shortened life.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:34 AM
thedr
Banned

ORIGINAL: Lilredmachine

Anyone else not noticed the fact that the Traxxas is a truck based on a CORR race truck type design, whereas the Losi Desert Truck is just that, a desert truck. Where does the losi truck claim to be a CORR truck?

Traxxas have failed in producing an accurate replica of a CORR truck, it doesn't have a live rear axle, bit of a defining point there. It looks really odd, cheap and god knows why, isn't brushless from the factory. Plus it's a Traxxas, and I'm not really what you would call a Traxxas fanboy.
Just like the Losi desert racer, the traxxass truck is just a rebodied, re-tired version of a pre-existing truck (XXX-T on losi's part, and a rustler on traxxas's part) - same OLD design dredged up to live again.

If you want a real, scale-looking, CORR truck check out the ThunderTech website - they should be on the market pretty soon.

http://www.thundertechracing.com/
Old 05-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Chris_RC

Anyone else not noticed the fact that the Traxxas is a truck based on a CORR race truck type design, whereas the Losi Desert Truck is just that, a desert truck. Where does the losi truck claim to be a CORR truck?

Traxxas have failed in producing an accurate replica of a CORR truck, it doesn't have a live rear axle, bit of a defining point there. It looks really odd, cheap and god knows why, isn't brushless from the factory. Plus it's a Traxxas, and I'm not really what you would call a Traxxas fanboy.

Traxxas's trucks have attained cult status, that is why they still sell. There are far superior trucks on the market, in both chassis design and build quality. But as long as everyone that comes here looking for advice on a new/first truck can be duped into buying a piece of plastic that any respectable company would have been embarassed to pen the design on back in the 80's, with a mental brushless system strapped to it, by this forum's mass traxxas fan boy league, Traxxas will get away with churning out the same damn trucks over and over again. How long has the majority of this forum been waiting for an E-revo? And what was the hold up? Too busy making minor revisions to some decade plus old designs so that a new generation of RC users can blindly buy an inferior product were we Traxxas? I'm so tired of them. Makes me want to sell my 4 Traxxas cars.
THANK YOU! Thats what I have been trying to say for a while!
Old 05-18-2008, 10:46 AM
thedr
Banned

Traxxas's trucks have attained cult status, that is why they still sell. There are far superior trucks on the market, in both chassis design and build quality. But as long as everyone that comes here looking for advice on a new/first truck can be duped into buying a piece of plastic that any respectable company would have been embarassed to pen the design on back in the 80's, with a mental brushless system strapped to it, by this forum's mass traxxas fan boy league, Traxxas will get away with churning out the same damn trucks over and over again. How long has the majority of this forum been waiting for an E-revo? And what was the hold up? Too busy making minor revisions to some decade plus old designs so that a new generation of RC users can blindly buy an inferior product were we Traxxas? I'm so tired of them. Makes me want to sell my 4 Traxxas cars.
THANK YOU! Thats what I have been trying to say for a while!

Maybe not as far as comparing apples and oranges - but more likely fruit of the same tree (oranges and grapefruit).
Old 05-18-2008, 01:31 PM
trtle

wow so many complaints, and its not even out yet. its as simple as dont buy one.

im buying for many reasons. and i plan to upgrade like every other car i own that has a plastic frame and cheesy components from almost every make of rc manafacture that are around the same price range.

im sure there are many reasons why traxxas didnt go all out on the design. but im guessing the price it will sell for, and the choices of customization we can think of for the truck plays a key. i like how they keep it simple.

i can only imagine the crap talk you all will say about the new e-revo comming out. how its a duall 550T motors how it wont have brushless already isntalled. the crappy thing about most of you who talk crap about a new product is that you own traxxas cars and trucks and boats and crap... get over yourselves and have fun with your freaking cars.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:27 AM
thedr
Banned

ORIGINAL: trtle
i can only imagine the crap talk you all will say about the new e-revo comming out. how its a duall 550T motors how it wont have brushless already isntalled. the crappy thing about most of you who talk crap about a new product is that you own traxxas cars and trucks and boats and crap... get over yourselves and have fun with your freaking cars.
LOL, you're right - you can count on it.
I guess the thing is that RTRs have people expecting to get something for nothing - and then when it's not the best there is they find fault in the product instead of rationalizig it's a call to upgrade - but that seems to be the nature of the beast as far as this hobby is concerned.
"I want a Ferrari, but i wanna pay Honda prices."
Old 05-19-2008, 10:30 PM
66impala

some of the main drawbacks i see to thundertechs truck is that it is a hodgepodge of parts from many different manufactures. im not too keen on the solid axle. i think the independent suspension of the slash will make the truck handle much beter than the ttech truck. not to mention the fact that you could just about buy 2 slash's ready to run for the price of one ttech truck. the rebodied retired aspect has its advantages. you dont have to worry about the first few months of "unforseen" breakages that you see when a brand new vehicle comes out. that aspect alone can make or break a new product for a company.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:42 PM
66impala

is it really 1/10 scale looks like its 1/9 scale to me
Old 05-21-2008, 06:30 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

In my opinion the Slash is a breath of fresh air compared to all the other RC trucks out there. Frankly, I'm tired of the exaggerated proportions of the typical stadium truck, truggy, etc. Some are so far from scale they look ridiculous. I'm an off road enthusiast and actually attend/follow CORR racing, as well as several of the multitude of desert racing series. The Slash is the closest to the real thing (other than the Thundertech Racing truck that is twice as much and still not available). Of course it's not perfect, such as the rear IFS instead of a live axle, but it close enough. Leaps and bounds closer than the Losi truck.

By the way, I have seen and handled a couple of these trucks in person and spoke with a Traxxas representative at the last CORR race in Pomona. The chassis is in fact all new but does share control arms with the Stampede. That's a plus to me, just means aftermarket components and replacement parts are already available. In person the trucks are big and look sick.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:29 PM
04DarkShadowGT

why is everyone soo impressed by waterprofed electronics??? I mean you still can't jump it into a puddle of water or anything. If you wanted to waterproff your esc/receiver, all you would have to do is put a ballon over it.
Actually yes, yes you can jump into a puddle. I had my e-maxx in water that was deep enough to be submerged except for the very top of the cab. Ran in the water, drove through the water, and drove right out and continued on the entire pack and about 20 since then.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:40 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: thedr

Just like the Losi desert racer, the traxxass truck is just a rebodied, re-tired version of a pre-existing truck (XXX-T on losi's part, and a rustler on traxxas's part) - same OLD design dredged up to live again.

If you want a real, scale-looking, CORR truck check out the ThunderTech website - they should be on the market pretty soon.

http://www.thundertechracing.com/
Maybe you should look at the pics of the Slash again. It in no way looks like the Rustler. Where as the Losi Desert Truck is just a stretched XXX-T...................

why is everyone soo impressed by waterprofed electronics??? I mean you still can't jump it into a puddle of water or anything. If you wanted to waterproff your esc/receiver, all you would have to do is put a ballon over it.
You should really checkout the videos of the new E-Maxx running thru the snow and puddles.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:42 AM
faz95xj

Anyone have an idea about the release date? I put an order in at Tower and will just have to be patient I guess......
Old 05-22-2008, 05:02 PM
DARKWAV

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ptgarcia

In my opinion the Slash is a breath of fresh air compared to all the other RC trucks out there. Frankly, I'm tired of the exaggerated proportions of the typical stadium truck, truggy, etc. Some are so far from scale they look ridiculous. I'm an off road enthusiast and actually attend/follow CORR racing, as well as several of the multitude of desert racing series.

By the way, I have seen and handled a couple of these trucks in person and spoke with a Traxxas representative at the last CORR race in Pomona.
For anyone else not familiar with CORR, check it out on NBC this Sunday, you'll be hooked! Does't even conflict with NASCAR on Sunday for you Robby Gordon fans (I wonder if he will be running in any of the CORR races this year).

I plan on getting out to the CORR races in Chula Vista this summer.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:32 PM
rcplayer

sooooooo, i assume nobody got a slash today?
Old 05-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Contra_

I believe they pushed it back to the 29th. cant confirm, anyone else?
Old 05-22-2008, 06:42 PM
ptgarcia

Tower still shows them unavailable.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Lilredmachine

ORIGINAL: 66impala

some of the main drawbacks i see to thundertechs truck is that it is a hodgepodge of parts from many different manufactures. im not too keen on the solid axle. i think the independent suspension of the slash will make the truck handle much beter than the ttech truck. not to mention the fact that you could just about buy 2 slash's ready to run for the price of one ttech truck. the rebodied retired aspect has its advantages. you dont have to worry about the first few months of "unforseen" breakages that you see when a brand new vehicle comes out. that aspect alone can make or break a new product for a company.

Yeah, but the solid axle is what makes it a CORR truck. It may as well be an F1 car underneath that bodyshell. You can buy an independant suspension truck in any configuration you want, the slash is just that, another independant suspension truck to flood the market. The Desert Truck makes no pretences of being anything real, plus it has a nice looking tube roll cage and lights, as well as being the far more attractive model. The Slash looks cheap with it's matt finish wheels and bloated shell, and the chassis has to be the most unattractive thing I've seen since I last saw Joan Rivers surgery ravaged face. The ThunderTech truck looks the business, but then it should do as it costs nearly $400 and everyone's been waiting a good year and a half for them to release the bloody thing.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:43 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Looks are subjective. If you don't like the way it looks, you don't have to bash it, just don't buy it. Not singling anyone out, just I see a lot of repeated negative feedback. As far as the suspension goes, the way I see it, what difference does it make if the suspension is accurately modeled if you can't see it when you're tearing past at 25 mph anyway? Does that mean my 1/7th scale Tiger Moth isn't scale because it uses a single cylinder four-stroke instead of a 1/7th scale Gypsy inverted-4, and it's controlled by servos instead of a 1/7th scale midget? If we're talking about static display, fine and dandy, but these are runners! Some things just don't scale down well with an acceptable level of performance. Just my 2¢.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:02 PM
ptgarcia

I think the Losi car looks like crap. And the Slash looks more like a CORR car that the Losi does a desert truck.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:31 PM
ptgarcia

Tower now shows availability in early June.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:01 PM
ftt4maniac

In no way shape or form will a solid axle be any good for an offroad rc. The slash will rock thundertechs truck, i would bet money on it. Not to mention the parts are going to be expensive and hard to get. Traxxas nailed it, losi flopped, thundertechs truck is seriously cool, just not practical.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:28 PM
rcplayer

it looks easy to work on at least. i hope its easier to work on than the stampede. also, can you use this in the rain?
Old 05-24-2008, 04:57 PM
carlbellybutton10

ORIGINAL: DARKWAV

ORIGINAL: ptgarcia

In my opinion the Slash is a breath of fresh air compared to all the other RC trucks out there. Frankly, I'm tired of the exaggerated proportions of the typical stadium truck, truggy, etc. Some are so far from scale they look ridiculous. I'm an off road enthusiast and actually attend/follow CORR racing, as well as several of the multitude of desert racing series.

By the way, I have seen and handled a couple of these trucks in person and spoke with a Traxxas representative at the last CORR race in Pomona.
For anyone else not familiar with CORR, check it out on NBC this Sunday, you'll be hooked! Does't even conflict with NASCAR on Sunday for you Robby Gordon fans (I wonder if he will be running in any of the CORR races this year).

I plan on getting out to the CORR races in Chula Vista this summer.

i heard robby was chosing between CORR and baja/desert racing this year[][:@] i think he is probably one the the most widely ranged dirvers. he used to race:

-shifter karts
-sprint cars
-nascar
-baja
-best in the desert
-and CORR

i have meat him at a few best in the desert races but it was only for a few seconds i used to be part of a pit crew
Old 05-27-2008, 07:54 AM
faz95xj

I called Traxxas last Thursday and they told me the trucks were on the boat on their way over. Distribution to the vendors is anticipated in the first couple of weeks in June.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:51 AM
rcplayer

I cant even wait one more day. 2 weeks? argh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.