Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Thunder Tiger Electric offroad

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 11:10 AM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder Tiger Electric offroad

Nice, Like to hear back on how they fit on the Durga. Wouldnt mind having some dish wheels for the Xb if they will mount up.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Eman77

Well, the stock Durga wheels are weird - a somewhat different hex in front, and a axle/pin in the rear. I run with these as a conversion so I can run standard 12mm hexes all around:
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-trf...1-p-27642.html

So I don't think the stock durga dishes would work for your buggy.

You should stick with what you have - I like the stock wheels on your better.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:26 PM
stevenwilliams

I'm wondering of someone can help me.
As I've stated beforeI purchased by sparrowhawk second hand from a member on the forum.

I broke the bogbone part of hte CVT a few weeks ago and replace it fomr the spares box.
I broke another last week and again repllaced it but the new one is slightly bent.
The next day I broke the wheel side of the CVT.

The manual states the CVT's are PD9204 and PD9205 however these are not the ones I have. It looks like the previous owner replaced the CVTwith non standard ones. I quite like them so can anyone identify what part they are or am I best replacing the lot with new originals? This will be quite costly as I'll need to buy newHex spacers as well as the ones I have have no holes for thepins.

These are the parts I have on my car if anyone can identify them.

I'm a little suprised at how easily some of these parts broke. I'm running the car with standard gearing with a Dynamite C4 4600kvmotor, HSP 80Amp ESC and a 2S8P Lipo battery (Yes 2S 8P)

The car managed to break these metal parts whilst racing full speed on a level grass surface. I can either think that they were brittle or there is just to much power running through the drivetrain.

Also does anyone know what the difference is between the front and rear ones as on mine they are both the same length.
The bogbone part seems to be a weak point so I'd like to get a few. Does anyone knoe if there are others in the range that will fit as the ones for the XT seem to be the most expensive.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:05 PM
mc4798

Expensive as it may be I would replace them with whats supposed to be in it. I run mine pretty hard and the worst i have done is bent one.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:49 PM
stevenwilliams

Thanks.

I'm looking at getting some imported as I'll pay about half the rate they are in the UK.

After much investigation it looks like mine are from the Tomahawk model and have been adapted to have the thread exposed and a nut rather than a bolt to hold the wheel as it would notmally be. This makes sence as the previous owner converted mine from a Tomahawk to a sparrowhawk.

You'd think the nitro parts would be stronger but it looks like it's the other way around. This also explains why there is no difference between the front and rear dogbones. On the nitro the rears are completely different so the previous owner used a second set of fronts for the rears. This may explain the breakage if the lengths are meant to be different.

Here is a picture of my car after a major clean and service.

As you can cee the speed controller is in an odd place. It has to go here as I've used a 1/8th 80Amp ESC and it's just a little to big to fit lower in the chasses. It hasn't made much difference to the handling and means I can really thrash it.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:57 PM
mc4798

Good to hear you figured out the dogbone situation.

I like that battery strap too
Old 02-09-2011, 02:28 PM
airmayle

The turnbuckles look like the fixed plastic. I would upgrade the turnbuckles to still or titanium that will help strengthen your suspension and help take some of the stress off of the dogbones (unini shaft). Also looks like it had wheel adapters that gave it a wider wheel base, if that is the case it will also add stress to the dogbones.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:34 PM
mc4798

ORIGINAL: airmayle

The turnbuckles look like the fixed plastic. I would upgrade the turnbuckles to still or titanium that will help strengthen your suspension and help take some of the stress off of the dogbones (unini shaft). Also looks like it had wheel adapters that gave it a wider wheel base, if that is the case it will also add stress to the dogbones.
Those adapters are stock
Old 02-12-2011, 07:14 AM
mc4798

Just a little update.

Killed a spur gear, 72t associated gear for a b4 with 2 5mm shims works perfect. Have to shave a little from the center of the spur gear.

The integy shocks bodies work very well with traxxas titanium shock shafts. Losi springs in route from rc planet . Finally I am happy with the shocks on the XT. Oh changed the pistons from TTR 1.4 to 1.2 and it works alot better but wontknow more untill I get the losi springs.

Other news. Great planes isnt bringing the EB4-G3 to the US. Im not crushed with the decision but it would have been nice to have the option to buy one though. Will just go another route for a 8th scale brushless buggy

Rant on:

While on GP, I think compared to ACE hobbies that they are sucking pretty bad. I never had one issue ofhaving to wait to get a part from ace. The thing that really ticks me off is something as simple as a spur gear they dont stock Why bother with all the aluminum and CF if you cant drive the damn thing. I emailed TT to let them know how disaapointed I have been with GP. I know its only been what ..6 months since the merger but you cant tell me it takes that long to get things right. I really thought that with how big GP is this would not have been a issue. Guess size doesnt matter after all
End Rant
Old 02-12-2011, 03:06 PM
mc4798

Just some passes with the Xb

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
Old 02-12-2011, 04:20 PM
airmayle

Sent you a PM. Was that with the Flip?

The buggy looks very fast. What setup are you running in it?
Old 02-12-2011, 04:44 PM
mc4798

Sent you a PM. Was that with the Flip?

The buggy looks very fast. What setup are you running in it?
No I have to get new USB ports. Have a older dell p43ghz, 3gb ram and a 128bit v card. Works fine for youtubing and forums lol. But a trip to office max should take car of it. Thanks for the tip.

60a ezrun,5.5t and 40c gens ace lipo. Geared 120/70. Temps after 15minute run.. Motor 100 esc 80 out side temp was 33. 30% throttle expo. Gonna put the Xerun 6.5t combo back in it for Reo race on March 5th.

Diffs have 5k in front and 1k in rear. Kept diffing out in the rear so gonna try 3k in the rear and 7k in the front.

That combo rocks in the XT also, $74.00 go fastness
Old 02-12-2011, 05:29 PM
mc4798

Youtube vid

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMUq2kbH8vg[/youtube]
Old 02-12-2011, 06:24 PM
ElectricGuy007

Enjoyed the video. I was wondering about the truggy version.
You think these are any good?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42898.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	1562562  
Old 02-12-2011, 06:41 PM
mc4798

ORIGINAL: ElectricGuy007

Enjoyed the video. I was wondering about the truggy version.
You think these are any good?
Yes, Very good truck. I have a few videos up of it also.

Cons: Shocks are awful !
Well honestly that was the only thing I dont like about it. Far as racing against the TT's. I would love to run it against them but they are few and far between here.

My truck is in alot of pieces right now waiting on some stuff from tower. Hope to havethe truck and a few other itemsready for Reo on March 5th. There is supposed to be a few guys running TT's there.

But yeah if you want any info I would be glad to help you out .
Old 02-12-2011, 10:52 PM
mantamuzza

Love my XXT - its a great truck.

Here is the video that i mentioned a few post ago - we mounted a camera on top of my mates XXT and took it for a spin, the other XXT is my one.

Enjoy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpa0ZVS0N5g[/youtube]
Old 02-13-2011, 12:07 AM
mc4798

Nice video ! Looked like a good time .

Tell your friend he needs some new tires, Those are all used up lol.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:53 AM
mc4798

Phoenix XT vid.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG_yROsNQS0[/youtube]

Old 02-14-2011, 02:45 PM
mc4798

Almost 50degrees today

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE1SBXVyxk0[/youtube]
Old 02-14-2011, 04:24 PM
airmayle

Ya I watched that video earlier today, good stuff. It's always nice to have someone else to bash with.

I ran the XB up and down the parking lot today trying to figure out how I want to set it up for a smooth surface. I think I need to get the shocks more horizontal than vertical, the steering is a little to quick when I give it just a little. The Castle SCT combo is just not fast enough for me. I either need to run a 3 cell lipo with some gear change or pick up a Castle 4pole 4600kv motor and run it with the 2 cell lipo's I have. I'm just not sure if I can get one to fit in the battery tray!
Old 02-14-2011, 04:40 PM
mc4798

Airmayle you could just pick up a tacon,leopard or ez motor. If you didnt want to spend that much on a motor .
Then again you have a 4600 in your Evader That will move the buggy pretty quick and to be honest unless your on a very large track will be plenty of motor.

For the steering being twitchy, I recommend you take that servo out and mail it to me Honestly if you have steering expo on your radio you can dial down about 25-30% and that seems to help me.

Ya I watched that video earlier today, good stuff. It's always nice to have someone else to bash with.

I ran the XB up and down the parking lot today trying to figure out how I want to set it up for a smooth surface. I think I need to get the shocks more horizontal than vertical, the steering is a little to quick when I give it just a little. The Castle SCT combo is just not fast enough for me. I either need to run a 3 cell lipo with some gear change or pick up a Castle 4pole 4600kv motor and run it with the 2 cell lipo's I have. I'm just not sure if I can get one to fit in the battery tray!
Old 02-14-2011, 06:58 PM
mc4798

So happy, New shells came in. Now have to ship them off for paint.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:50 PM
airmayle

Well the 4600 has been pulled from the Evader and put into the buggy. The buggy just gets up and goes with this setup. I will say that I like the SCT esc better than the Sidewinder esc. It seems that you have the ability to adjust more setting than the older esc.

MC- Who does your painting?
Old 02-17-2011, 02:01 PM
mc4798

I bet it does move.

Far as 3s batteries go I would say it needs to stay under 25mm tall and around 47-48mm width. You should be golden then.

Paint work = kustomrcgraphics. $50.00 per shell but having seen his work it looks amazing. This is the style I chose for both the buggy and truck.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:34 PM
airmayle

WOW. That's going to look really nice.

I think next week I'll head to my local track and pick up some paint and some differential oil. I want to pull the differential gears apart and add some heavier weight oil. Whats a good starting point for front and back differential oil?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.