Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 07:50 PM
dfiantii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

Hey C.A.R. the parts fit. The shafts is a little short but when i put in the orings on both sides it fit fine but i will look at getting another propeller shaft see if maybe i just ordered the wrong part.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:50 AM
mandre800

I was wondering is it possible to run a brushless systen in a TT-01. I was able to have a chance to drive a friends TC4 that was brushless and it was awesome. So I wanted to know if I can do that for my new car. Im not sure if this has been posted already but I do not feel like looking through every post
Old 10-24-2007, 03:18 AM
rcluke

ORIGINAL: mandre800

I was wondering is it possible to run a brushless systen in a TT-01. I was able to have a chance to drive a friends TC4 that was brushless and it was awesome. So I wanted to know if I can do that for my new car. Im not sure if this has been posted already but I do not feel like looking through every post
it is possible to make it brushless, but you will need some hop-ups first, such as aluminium prop shaft, heat sink, aluminium motor mount, ball diffs, good tyres,

keep us posted, and good luck
Old 10-24-2007, 03:28 AM
mindwreck

welcome to the tt-01 mandre. hope your enjoying your tt-01. Yes you can put a brushless in there but it won't be too reliable and you won't be getting the most out of the motor at least... minimum requirements(MUST HAVES) are ball bearings and the metal prop shaft. the plastic shaft warps and bends when it spins too fast, definitely don't want that while your driving around. ball bearings are for smoothness and more efficient drivetrain.

I have a mamba in mine, all i have upgraded is the alu shaft. bearings and some oil shocks. i used to drive, drift it everyday before i stopped RCing due to lack of time. ran perfectly. tires occasionally exploded so get a few spares...

ORIGINAL: mandre800

Old 10-24-2007, 03:29 AM
mindwreck

hey raguvian, long time no see. that tt-01 of yours still dead? haha its been months..

ORIGINAL: Raguvian

That site asks you to log in before you can view the topic.

Right now, I want a new body for my TT-01. I can't decide if i want an S2000 body, Lotus Elise body or new tires.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:44 AM
DirtBonez

you guys probably don't even notice
I noticed haha. Thats just cause I spend way too much time on here. I cant help it tho my head is always buzzing with rc stuff
Old 10-24-2007, 06:38 AM
TIGER76

Yo mindwreck buddy good to see ya back around
Old 10-24-2007, 11:55 AM
mindwreck

haha thanks guys.
my phone has internet now I can actually surf RCU. so ill stop by once awhile on the go.. lol now that's an addiction... rcu on my phone.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:09 PM
DirtBonez

Got most of my parts yesterday so I installed them this afternoon. I have to say the carbon upper brace really makes the car stiff. I can't bend it without cracking it in half The alloy wheel hexes are so so so nice. I would consider this an essential upgrade for the tt-01. I had a hard time with the adjustable turnbuckles. So I gave up on the ball ends and just mounted them with the stock screws. Now I have to start working on the body...which seems huge for some reason lol maybe i should do a test fit.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78391.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	789593   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76984.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	789594   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af89909.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	789595  
Old 10-24-2007, 02:24 PM
rcluke

nice, what shell is it?
Old 10-24-2007, 04:36 PM
DirtBonez

HPI Toyota Sprinter AE86
Old 10-24-2007, 05:05 PM
DirtBonez

Well got the body ready for paint [8D] Wheel wells are great but the front and back bumpers are a little crooked. So hard to cut a perfectly strait line [:'(] I very carefully masked all the edges so I hope the paint wont run and rewin them all again. Its gonna be white with a black hood. I just need to pic up a can of white at the LHS.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93980.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	789689  
Old 10-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Raguvian

ORIGINAL: mindwreck

hey raguvian, long time no see. that tt-01 of yours still dead? haha its been months..

That site asks you to log in before you can view the topic.

Right now, I want a new body for my TT-01. I can't decide if i want an S2000 body, Lotus Elise body or new tires.
Yup. It's been sitting under my bed for 8 months.
But hopefully, I should be able to order the Deans (and bodyclips) tomorrow! I'm so excited.
I should have the car up and running by next week. We'll see though. I'm taking the SAT II's again on November 3rd and I'm doing college applications so I won't have much time to run the car but at least it'll work!

You should drop by more often, too.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:13 PM
mindwreck

nice.. the alloy hexs are definitely nice. i keep putting off getting hop ups for my car.. those help so much because the damn drive pins always falling out when i want to change my tires... did you get the right body size? lots of people have it and i;ve never heard anything about them..

you need to work on that car more or get more cars!! that workspace is just too clean haha

ORIGINAL: DirtBonez

Got most of my parts yesterday so I installed them this afternoon. I have to say the carbon upper brace really makes the car stiff. I can't bend it without cracking it in half The alloy wheel hexes are so so so nice. I would consider this an essential upgrade for the tt-01. I had a hard time with the adjustable turnbuckles. So I gave up on the ball ends and just mounted them with the stock screws. Now I have to start working on the body...which seems huge for some reason lol maybe i should do a test fit.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:16 PM
mindwreck

great. at least it will be ready for some bashing when your down. good luck on those. i still remember taking them..

I come on once a while but i just lurk around.. i haven't been runing my cars not much is really happening so i just don't have anythign to say

Yup. It's been sitting under my bed for 8 months.
But hopefully, I should be able to order the Deans (and bodyclips) tomorrow! I'm so excited.
I should have the car up and running by next week. We'll see though. I'm taking the SAT II's again on November 3rd and I'm doing college applications so I won't have much time to run the car but at least it'll work!

You should drop by more often, too.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:23 PM
DirtBonez

you need to work on that car more or get more cars!! that workspace is just too clean haha
Lol ya I could always use more cars! I am just a neat freak tho. Before I can sit down and work on my R/C's everything around me must be clean. My workbench can get a little messy sometimes. I need to pick up one of those cabinets with all the little drawers in them.

Another thing I can't stand is a dirty R/C car! It just bugs me Lol
Old 10-24-2007, 10:23 PM
mindwreck

haha i know what u mean. I used to keep my cars in prestine condition. especially my tt-01. but then the car just started getting stratched adn the parts are cheap so if i wanted the fxx to look good again ill just buy new parts. the fxx body of course never gets ran. too damn good looking. lol.

my desk was always dirty. id wipe it down but its still full of parts and tools. i have 4 monster trucks and dirt is just part of them. the least dirty one is the one i need to run more!!

Lol ya I could always use more cars! I am just a neat freak tho. Before I can sit down and work on my R/C's everything around me must be clean. My workbench can get a little messy sometimes. I need to pick up one of those cabinets with all the little drawers in them.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Raguvian

Don't look at my TT-01 then.

I can't resist sliding it around in the dirt and mud. I always have to pay for it by taking everything off the chassis and cleaning it, but it's awesome.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:25 PM
sanshu

looks pretty nice bonez!!!
Old 10-25-2007, 04:38 AM
DirtBonez

Thanks for the good words everyone! I know my TT-01 pales in comparison to some of yours but I love it
Old 10-25-2007, 05:41 AM
rcluke

what is cable tied there?, aren't you supposed to use screws in it?
Old 10-25-2007, 11:58 AM
DirtBonez

Thats right your suppost to use screws but the threads in the hole are really weak. My electric screwdriver stripped them out. Then I was out running the car one day and I picked it up by the front. The screws slipped right out and the whole front end fell appart Lol
Old 10-25-2007, 12:13 PM
sanshu

yeah that's right!!!
i had the same problem with my yokomo!!!
that really sucks!!!
i think they should sell those things with the threads allredy in it!
Old 10-25-2007, 01:35 PM
rcluke

Thats right your suppost to use screws but the threads in the hole are really weak. My electric screwdriver stripped them out. Then I was out running the car one day and I picked it up by the front. The screws slipped right out and the whole front end fell appart Lol
thats why you dont use electric screwdrivers
Old 10-25-2007, 01:53 PM
DirtBonez

thats why you dont use electric screwdrivers
Its a great tool actually. Never had a problem with it stripping any threads out before. Plus it takes out screws in a couple of seconds. I also found that I used to strip out the heads of the screws when using a manual screwdriver. With the weight of this thing pressing down on the head it is very hard to strip it out. But to each his own.

P.S. just to make sure you know what I'm talking about its not a full on cordless drill its alot less powerful and slower. http://www.motorera.com/dictionary/pics/e/escrew.jpg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.