Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Official HPI E-10 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 08:09 PM
Birdy_E10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI E-10 Thread

Nice.  Post pics when you finish.  I'm going to try a 30t and 28t pinion, possibly a 32 but that might be too much speed for my needs.   

That is some crazy torque you have in that video lol.  Pretty awsome, but I assume you geared it down by now? lol. 

You told me that the aluminum mount isn't necessary, but I assume that its better in terms of gear mesh and reliablity? compared to the plastic one that would flex.

I also have a Mugen Seiki Nitro Mtx 2 for sale if anyone is interested.  Its just collecting dust at this point.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:55 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

see how u go... ive found just because its geared for speed sometimes its usefull for crazy wheelspinning drifts lol. no kidding it could be geared even higher....

ummm, the funny thing is its been geared up slightly more and has larger spiky tyres, it now pulls wheelies on grass lol

Yes, its worth upgrading the motor mount, I got the Hot racing one... if u get that one replace the hex screw with a normal screw. the stock hex screw does not go tight enuff & its very easy to strip. Ive found it handy to have a small paint mark on the engine mount halfs, that was u can see if its moved.

nice.. a Mugen Seiki Nitro Mtx 2, thats a good chassis, ever looked into converting it into a brushless drifter??? might out preform the e10
Old 09-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Birdy_E10

Ok, my local hobby shop andthe hobby stores online I usual shop at don't have pinions for the E10 currently in stock. Can anyone link me to a reputable site or ebay in the states?

Hmmmm, never thought of it. That would be pretty cool. Any idea on how much it would cost to convert it?
Old 09-16-2011, 01:38 AM
phmaximus

try liquidrc, thay have a few in stock (www.liquidrc.com) and on the left menu neer the bottom do a search for "hpi pinion 0.6m" with out the quote marks

check this....
[link=http://rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26415]conversion[/link]
Old 09-16-2011, 07:53 AM
Birdy_E10

Thanks for links.

So basically I just need a new mount, pinion gear, and a little TLC.  Looks to be a worth while project.  I'll take it on and keep you guys updated once I start.  Probably will sometime in the next month or two.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:25 AM
phmaximus

Thats it, keeps us updated
Old 09-24-2011, 02:08 PM
momogt

i want to put a new brushless motor and esc  in my e10 i already have the aluminum motor mount,steel dog bones ,sway bars,rear diff locked ,aluminun center driveshaft i was looking at the tekin  17.5 and the rs pro or the mamba max pro this will be a 3s set-up according to the speed calculator geared  30/65 i should be 40mph with the timing and boost added it should be faster im not looking for a 50mph car just somthing fast and wont break alot of parts
Old 10-04-2011, 05:20 AM
phmaximus

Sounds good.... jus rember to keep checking the motor mounts screws, we all know what happens if thay come loose..

Hows ive put rebuilding my e10 on hold for a little bit, I sold my spare rolling chassis to get this bad boy
Hyper 10

Dont get me wrong i love my e10 but it does not even compare. so ill keep the e10 for drifting
Old 11-19-2011, 02:46 AM
phmaximus

Well Ive dusted off the body lol
Old 12-11-2011, 06:28 PM
phmaximus

hows there is a new aftermarket chassis for the e10, ill post up more details tonight
Old 12-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Birdy_E10

Really? Details please.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:31 AM
roxysnonie

hello E10 peeps out there. i too have an E10, and to me, im quite satisfied with the kit. it has all the option parts Hpi has to offer and then some. currently it runs on counter steer gearing, meaning, the rear runs faster than front, but hey, front runs one way so it follows the rear spin most of the time.

it has a yokomo fcd 1.5 diff gearing mod on the rear end, and added more steering mod for the front and lastly added a top brace for a bit of rigidity, which makes for less flex and easy on the gear diff.

its runs brushless on speed passion prostock 2.1 and 13.5t competition v3. this kit is made to slide and countersteer makes it fun to drive.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:39 AM
phmaximus

Welcome m8,

I think I've read ur blog about the yokomo countersteer mod, nice work
U have to tell us more.... For the other peeps... Got any new pic's or vid's?
Old 12-13-2011, 02:46 AM
phmaximus

Here is that new chassis that has been released. Pity it's not carbon fiber
http://radshaperc.com/HPIE10.html
Old 12-17-2011, 05:15 PM
vampyrehunterd

Evening all.

I am an old vet trying to get back into the world of R/c. 10 years ago I had a truggy I fiddled with in S.Korea (I am prior army) Anyways She was a nitro but Now that I am older I just wanted to race. I got the ford GT 500 edition so its is set up for touring.

I should have it in a few days. My question is: should i invest in the adjustable toe arms and drive shaft first. i plan on racing this in club heats and would like to know the best set up.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:35 AM
phmaximus

Welcome, the e10 is not the best out there but u should be able to hold it's own.

First thing first completely strip it, then rebuild it with love and care making sure everything moves freely and replace the gear grease to a silicon based racing grease. And shim excessive movement in the front and rear diffs, suspension and steering
Also use the upgrade allow screws to reassemble, u would be suppressed the difference in weight.

First thing to look at would be the shocks, the stock ones have no dampening what so ever, I'm a fan of the upgrade HPI shocks and recommend them, they are the most adjustable shocks out there for the e10, they are a upside down shock too
It's best to get some sway bars at the same time too to help dial in the spring preload.

Next big thing is a good set of racing wheels and tyres, balanced

Then it's time for the little things that will only make small gains
Alloy main shaft, stock plastic one is prone to vibration, loss of energy
Steel cv shafts, stock ones are bulky, weak, and have excessive backlash, loss of energy
Alloy motor mount, stock one can losses it self and flexes.
Alloy shock supports, don't know if they do anything?

Then get some track time before playing around with the toe and camber kits and see how it goes

Good luck
Old 12-23-2011, 04:59 PM
vampyrehunterd

Ok it finaly came in. I took her out for a trial run this afternoon. For a starter she is decent. speed is lacking but handles like a dream. I did have to modify the body a tad due to the wheels getting caught up in it durring turns.

Question: best battery upgrade with out busting my account?
Question: Need a cheap 2.4 remote and reviver. the Am just not liking.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:29 PM
XGAMER777
My Feedback: (1)

Question: Need a cheap 2.4 remote and reviver. the Am just not liking.
I highly recommend Flysky

http://www.hobbypartz.com/fsgrco.html

Old 12-28-2011, 05:54 PM
vampyrehunterd

Ok bought that today heard nothing but great reviews. its sad that the other are not in stock.

last question would getting a brushless for it be worth it or wait until taxes to just buy a better chassis?
Old 12-28-2011, 09:44 PM
phmaximus

Honestly, it's sad but get a new chassis. E10 makes a great drift car tho
Old 12-29-2011, 03:09 AM
phmaximus

Then again a cheap hobby wing 35a combos are so cheap, and could be transplanted into another chassis later on.
That way u could use any spare cash to get some good lipos, that would give it the needed power for this racing season, then save up again for a new chassis next season, that way there is no real big expenses grouped together.
After u have a nice chassis and a few good batteries then maby look into a more tunable brushless setup like the mamba ones
What are u racing against?
Some people have had luck racing the e10 but no one has really fine tuned one, to be honest I wouldn't have a clue what is possible to get out of the e10 racing wise. As u can see from a few posts before I'm building up a older hyper 10 as a race car only because it's got less rolling resistance, less drivetrain weight and the chassis is lighter. The only reason I'm doing that is because I managed to basically swap a spare e10 for it. If I didn't do that swap I was planing to do up the spare e10 with most of the same upgrades I used for my drift e10... So have a good think about it before u rule the e10 out, do u like the way it handles? is it working for u?

Tell us about the racing u do?
Old 12-29-2011, 01:38 PM
vampyrehunterd

Have not races as of yet. I hate drift to be honest. I do touring club races at the local hobby town USA near my house. most drive the the sprint 2 type cars. I am really not interested in going pro here nor am i that hell bent on winning :P.

I was a stadium Nitro truck pro for a time 10 years ago and now just want to enjoy the hobby for the fun not the competitive side.

As far As the E-10 is out of box.

Hated the lack of foam in the tires.
Love the handling.
Hated the fact I had to re trim my body so the steering would not grab the fenders.
Dislike the over all top end speed. (then again it is a brushed system)
dislike the AM transmitter (got the fly sky one will not get it until next week)
Love the fact it is RtR (Kits bother me but are the best way to KNOW your car)

Love the car over all can deal with iout the plastic bushing but hey for under 200 and RTR I can live with it.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:35 AM
phmaximus

ahh does it still have the plastic bushes???? they can be replaced with ballbearings... well worth it, First upgrade IMO
If u are racing might be worth stocking up on some different pinion gears to get ur topend speed and acceleration more to ur liking, from memory they range from 19-34... A while back I ordered every even numbered gear, it dident even cost much

the lower the gears tooth count the slower the car but it has more torque/acceleration. the higher the gear the car will have a higher top end speed but will loose torque. generally with racing u want it towards top end speed because unlike bashing there is no stoping and starting. U might find as you get better and the setup is faster, because of the extra speed around a track u might be able to go a tiny bit higher pinion and get even faster lap times... Its all about gearing it to the track and how fast u can take the slower tighter turns. hope this makes sence lol

I think stock they have a 23t pinion, & mine with a 3900kv brushless motor uses a 34t pinion for drift. never raced it but its fast on the stock HPI rubber tyres,
with the E-10's limited gear options that torque rule does not really apply for brushless motors. Im running a high rpm low torque brushless motor on a 35a esc with the highest HPI pinion gear avaliable, it still has bucketts of torque, easly can spin up the racing tyres.... now i wish i got the 4300kv motor

advantages of going brushless, better brake controll, u can adjust the initail brake force and the max brake force... very handy
and some ofthe more expensive setups have torque controll... very good for reducing the torque, kindof like traction controll

that controller should help to, u can adjust steering sensitivity, and its rate
and allso the throttle rate, I use that to get a more linear power curve.

Best E-10 tip, learn how to set the pinion gear mesh correctly & visually check mesh before each run
Old 01-09-2012, 02:01 PM
momogt

want to get my e10 running again this time with a brushless motor would a 3200 or a 4420kv be better plus im using a mmp esc
Old 01-11-2012, 01:17 PM
rx7devil210

Ive had problems with my drive train, i put a brushless motor and kept burning out the spur gear. I replaced it with an aluminum one but it still was tearing up my spur gear i suggest you keep it drift the more traction i got the more my spur gear would ware.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.