Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Problems with helihobby

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 08:41 AM
tamboril

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with helihobby

I ordered the wireless camera kit from HeliHobby, and it was defective. It only showed black+white, no color, and I verified that it was definitely a color system.

Getting no reply from their online trouble-ticket system, I called them and talked to "Nikki". She said she'd e-mail a return label and, at my request, a PayPal request to purchase a new one so I wouldn't have to wait.

I got neither.

Still no response to the ticket, and they weren't even answering the phone all day Friday.

Has anyone else had quality/service issues with HeliHobby?

Old 08-13-2006, 12:00 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Problems with helihobby

Yea they are famous for that, you can either do a search on here or check with the BBB in California, last time this came up they had an F rating.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:04 PM
tamboril

ORIGINAL: barracudahockey

Yea they are famous for that, you can either do a search on here or check with the BBB in California, last time this came up they had an F rating.
I see. Well, they were answering the phone today, and they got those e-mails out. Nikki said something had been wrong with their server.

But still no reply to the support ticket or a direct e-mail I sent to their contact address after five days. You'd think they'd be more on top of things having a storefront and all, but obviously not.

I sent my bad wireless camera kit back, but given the issues so far, I'm considering not getting another one.

Oh, and incidentally, I also today had dealings with Horizon Hobby. They were very professional, quick and courteous. I'm going to order stuff from then whenever possible, even if it's a little more.

jh
Old 08-14-2006, 08:17 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

I've never heard of helihobby ever answering any emails. Ever.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:39 AM
w.pasman

Did you check the connectors, maybe super video connector which has separate luminance and chroma channels. Maybe just the chroma wire is loose?