Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

THE MODERATORS ARE AWARE OF THE SITUATION RE NIGHTWALKER

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

THE MODERATORS ARE AWARE OF THE SITUATION RE NIGHTWALKER

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 09:13 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: THE MODERATORS ARE AWARE OF THE SITUATION RE NIGHTWALKER

apology accepted...
Old 09-17-2010, 09:25 AM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW...an employee's company HR/Flight Dept. will yank a pilot off of the line or at a minimum call you in to the office "for a review" in a New York second if they receive reports of "unstable" or "odd" behavior anywhere...whether it be on the internet, off duty...what ever.

Being a jerk, obstinate ETC. is simply 2nd nature to professional pilots...it kinda goes with the territory but when you start acting in ways that brings up questions of "stability", you had better hang on.

Beave

Old 09-17-2010, 09:48 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

apology accepted...
Thank you. It means so much to me.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:49 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

When we get to the point that someone's "on-line" persona which may exhibit slightly weird, sometimes inexplicable, and often obstinate behavior constitutes grounds for declaring someone "unstable" for the purposes of legal (or employment) decisions, then we are in trouble! At that point, somewhere around 90% of all people who post anywhere online are about to be committed to an asylum...

Now I don't know about you guys, but I'm off to work on my next "super-scale" project - you idiots!

Bob
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84855.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1502310  
Old 09-17-2010, 10:55 AM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: DavidR

Does anyone else think it's kind of odd?? Sure Bryce has posted some weird stuff over the years, but is it really the right thing for a moderator to start a thread like this knowing that some folks are going to jump on the bashing band wagon? I thought RCU rules prohibited degrading another poster? Guess this foes not apply when a moderator does it.... Not cool!
So as a RC car guy, I saw this on the front page, and clicked on it, after reading everything in this thread, and the other threads posted on here, I agree, there really no reason to have a Mod start a thread like this. I have seen smiler things in the R/C car section only when a normal (AKA not Moderator) poster did something like this, it was taking down almost immediately.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:27 AM
bevar

Bob,

Air Carriers do it because of liability issues. I have seen it be caused from someone simply saying stupid stuff on the PA, but more often now a days it's guys who post stupid things online or say stupid stuff off duty that get them under the microscope.

I have seen guys hung for posting pictures of themselves in the cockpit below 10,000 because they violated sterile cockpit procedures and then put it up on Facebook. Guys posting weird/unprofessional behavior on Youtube have been fired in the past as well. Guys are warned all of the time to be careful what you post...because it's hard to unring a bell...

Beave

ORIGINAL: rhklenke

When we get to the point that someone's ''on-line'' persona which may exhibit slightly weird, sometimes inexplicable, and often obstinate behavior constitutes grounds for declaring someone ''unstable'' for the purposes of legal (or employment) decisions, then we are in trouble! At that point, somewhere around 90% of all people who post anywhere online are about to be committed to an asylum...

Now I don't know about you guys, but I'm off to work on my next ''super-scale'' project - you idiots!

Bob
Old 09-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Couch Potato

So how come "Howling Mad" Mudock gets away with it on the "A" Team ?
Old 09-17-2010, 12:01 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lock this thread... and PUT IT WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE ....... this thread has No purpose & is approaching the behavior of whats on RCGROUPS Moderator do your Job ! OH it was originated by Moderator []
Semper Fi

Name:	Bz79226.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	1502344  
Old 09-17-2010, 12:12 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Yeah, the same moderator that has pulled 2 of my threads because they were "not appropriate". One was a thread about our military guys....he couldnt stomach the talk about real heroes, and another thread about a new forum that would compete against RCU, it doesnt have moderators....bet he pulls this post too.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:16 PM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

apology accepted...
Good because I stayed up all night worried about how you would respond. Now I can rest easy.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:21 PM
bevar

Andy,

I figured you had been up all night trying to figure out how we can change the US monetary system to look more like the new Canadian bills I recently saw proofs of.

Ahem....

Beave

apology accepted...
Good because I stayed up all night worried about how you would respond. Now I can rest easy.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:28 PM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: bevar

Andy,

I figured you had been up all night trying to figure out how we can change the US monetary system to look more like the new Canadian bills I recently saw proofs of.

Ahem....

Beave

apology accepted...

hahah, True that!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:40 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

the problem is that those who "can't" .... "moderate", ... mostly because they want to be part of things so so badly, and just want it their way ... this principle all too often applies to politics, education, and even special interest forums like these ... im pretty sure none of these online savants would dare tell anyone what to say and how to say it in real life

A thread like this is inexcusable, and no matter what anyone's opinion is of Bryce's online activities, (or any other user on here) defamation and stirring the pot like this is wrong... The moderator who started this thread needs to be removed as such, or better yet, booted off of RCU completely as have been others for far lesser offenses .

~V~
Old 09-17-2010, 01:04 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

apology accepted...
Yes sir, go to sleep now please.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:44 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clean up may or may not be possible.

We will be taking appropriate action ASAP.

It appears that I may have inadvertently misled people who did not see the page 1 on RC Jets forum that morning.

A large number of old threads had been brought back from the dead by a member on monitored status.

This gave an odd appearance to the page.

I opened this thread to inform people who had logged on and saw something unusual with the above post. As the members name was appended to these threads on page 1, I saw no reason not to include it in the title.

I also removed a thread discussing the unusual activities and speculating on the reasons behind them.

I apologise to anyone I may have offended by this post but I was just doing my best to keep people informed about an unusal occurence and one which I could not alter at the time.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:02 PM
norbert montenegro

Hi

The posts are sometimes a Pandora's box, and if opened .....are many different things, they must be prepared
But I think it is nothing serious

Saludos
Norbert
Old 09-17-2010, 03:27 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I can see how some may have thought that J. Dunker was doing something wrong as a Moderator, but considering the situation we do understand why he started this thread. As he said above, there was a situation developing with Nightwalker bringing back dozens of old threads. There were many report tickets that were opened up as well as numerous PM's sent to J. Dunker as well as myself because of the odd behaviour they were seeing in the forum. J. Dunker created this thead to simply let everybody know we were aware of the developing situation and that members didn't need to contact us about it. This is something we do from time to time if we need to notify a forum that we are aware of a situation that is developing in a forum. We don't do it often, but do use it when needed. It was not posted in any way to insult or put down Nightwalker in any form or fashion. We apologize if it seems that way to the members here as it was not our intentions.

Ken

Old 09-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Gooseman240

Hey RCKen,

Thanks for clearing that up, at first I took it as this is a troublemaker witch hunt.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:20 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

ORIGINAL: RCKen

I can see how some may have thought that J. Dunker was doing something wrong as a Moderator, but considering the situation we do understand why he started this thread. As he said above, there was a situation developing with Nightwalker bringing back dozens of old threads. There were many report tickets that were opened up as well as numerous PM's sent to J. Dunker as well as myself because of the odd behaviour they were seeing in the forum. J. Dunker created this thead to simply let everybody know we were aware of the developing situation and that members didn't need to contact us about it. This is something we do from time to time if we need to notify a forum that we are aware of a situation that is developing in a forum. We don't do it often, but do use it when needed. It was not posted in any way to insult or put down Nightwalker in any form or fashion. We apologize if it seems that way to the members here as it was not our intentions.

Ken

Since your purpose is accomplished, wouldn't it be appropriate to now simply lock this thread and let it go away?!

David S
Old 09-17-2010, 04:44 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

But why put B on moderated status in the first place? I don't understand the offense.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:59 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: SDCrashmaster

But why put B on moderated status in the first place? I don't understand the offense.
I can absolutely understand where you are coming from on this. UnfortunatelyIjust can't discuss what happens when we are dealing with members as there is a level of confidentiality that we must maintain about the interactions we take with the members. I'm sure you can understand that. Ican't tell you what happened to Bryce any more than you would want me telling other members if there were actions taken against you or any other member. However, Ican assure you that the actions that were taken against Bryce were justified and there were not the decisions of just one person. When administrative actions are taken against any member there are always multiple sets of eyeballs looking at the situation to ensure we are doing the right thing, so it's never just one person's ability to take action against somebody. Everything we do here is doublechecked.

I do hope you can understand why Ican't discuss the issue with you any further.

Since your purpose is accomplished, wouldn't it be appropriate to now simply lock this thread and let it go away?!
Sometimes yes, but not always. As this thread has been going on for3 pages now it somestimes is worse to slam the thread shut than just let it die out on it's own. Our guiding principal here when we moderate the forums is to ALWAYSerr on the side of the members. So when we look at a situation like closing this thread down we look to see what is better for the membership at large. For the moment this thread is for the most part benign and not causing any harm, and it's my guess that this thread will die out pretty quickly now that we have addressed the issues. And that is our ultimate goal when dealing with situations like this in that we prefer threads to simply die out as interest is lost in the subject. However, if the thread does turn into a wichhunt or it gets out of control then we will definitely close it down. For now I'm going to take a wait and see attitude and watch what happens.

Ken
Old 09-17-2010, 07:05 PM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: SDCrashmaster

I can absolutely understand where you are coming from on this. Unfortunately I just can't discuss what happens when we are dealing with members as there is a level of confidentiality that we must maintain about the interactions we take with the members. I'm sure you can understand that. I can't tell you what happened to Bryce any more than you would want me telling other members if there were actions taken against you or any other member. However, I can assure you that the actions that were taken against Bryce were justified and there were not the decisions of just one person. When administrative actions are taken against any member there are always multiple sets of eyeballs looking at the situation to ensure we are doing the right thing, so it's never just one person's ability to take action against somebody. Everything we do here is double checked.

I do hope you can understand why I can't discuss the issue with you any further.

Sometimes yes, but not always. As this thread has been going on for 3 pages now it some times is worse to slam the thread shut than just let it die out on it's own. Our guiding principal here when we moderate the forums is to ALWAYS err on the side of the members. So when we look at a situation like closing this thread down we look to see what is better for the membership at large. For the moment this thread is for the most part benign and not causing any harm, and it's my guess that this thread will die out pretty quickly now that we have addressed the issues. And that is our ultimate goal when dealing with situations like this in that we prefer threads to simply die out as interest is lost in the subject. However, if the thread does turn into a wichhunt or it gets out of control then we will definitely close it down. For now I'm going to take a wait and see attitude and watch what happens.

Ken
Well, it make sense to me, and I am surprise and glad, that you stood up, and backed up your actions with words, by explaining what had happened. That is something that I very seldomly see today, and glad there are still people that will do that.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:29 PM
AndyAndrews

Name:	zx71067.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	1502635  
Old 09-17-2010, 07:30 PM
jetflyr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rhklenke

Now I don't know about you guys, but I'm off to work on my next ''super-scale'' project - you idiots!

Bob
Hey! I resemble that!
Greg
Old 09-17-2010, 08:29 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

However, if the thread does turn into a wichhunt .
Ken
RCKen

I think post #29 falls into that category. Check the moderators forum FYI.

Best Regards and I'm glad I'm not in you guys shoes anymore. Keep up the good work!!.

Ben

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.