Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 10:41 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video

Goose, great looking wings. I really miss that scheme.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:32 PM
flesche

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello
Few pictures after maiden this weekend evrything whent perfect.
Geir
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	qn38237.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1595529   Click image for larger version

Name:	ig12049.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	1595530   Click image for larger version

Name:	ec89063.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	1595531  
Old 04-18-2011, 03:31 AM
ricardinho

man shes going to look sweet with those new clothes on....love the thunderbird scheme.. i had one in the classic....
Old 04-19-2011, 06:01 PM
flyboymd
My Feedback: (1)

How are you guys checking your CG.. I know it's 220-225mm from Wing-fuse joint? Are you checking it with the plane upside down or rightside up? Thanks!
Old 04-19-2011, 07:12 PM
dubd

I check the CG of all my planes right side up.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:20 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

I got to do a test flight on an ultra flash at California jets this past weekend. Big difference to the good vs my classic flash. Just seems to groove and track better. Can't wait for the red white and black checker conversion kit to be in stock
Old 04-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

ORIGINAL: flyboymd

How are you guys checking your CG.. I know it's 220-225mm from Wing-fuse joint? Are you checking it with the plane upside down or rightside up? Thanks!
I generally look at the given balance point as a guide to safe flight! So check with finger tips, up right or inverted, depending how the model is sitting when I decide to check it! Every pilot has a slightly different feel and the balance should be adjusted to suit your touch and feel. The figures given are generally a known safe point, so the 3/16 variation you might get with fingers should not be an issue.

Dw
Old 04-20-2011, 01:37 AM
Jim Cattanach

Now that the Ultra Flash has been out for some time, can I get some opinions on what points it is better than the classic Flash. I like my classic Flash, now that it is set up just right. It took me a while to get it just right. Small variations made it either a dog, or a dream to fly.
I am thinking of getting the Ultra Flash, if it has any improvements over the old one.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:53 AM
flyboymd
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Dave Wilshere

ORIGINAL: flyboymd

I generally look at the given balance point as a guide to safe flight! So check with finger tips, up right or inverted, depending how the model is sitting when I decide to check it! Every pilot has a slightly different feel and the balance should be adjusted to suit your touch and feel. The figures given are generally a known safe point, so the 3/16 variation you might get with fingers should not be an issue.

Dw
Are they tending to come out on the nose heavy side? I have my ECU battery in the nose and 2 A123 REC Packs in the pockets. Thinking they need to come back some. Trying to figure out why mine seems to be coming in so much faster than what everyone else is describing on here. My flaps are setup as said in the instructions and in this forum...
Old 04-20-2011, 05:12 AM
ricardinho

i remember on my classic batterys up front plus some lead to meet the cg.. flew great....
Old 04-20-2011, 09:37 AM
Dave Wilshere

Different from the classic. I have all Li-Po's in the pockets and 80 grams of weight on the nose former. Yours sounds like the ECU pack should be in the pocket. With A123 in pockets I would not expect any weight.

Jim It's in the thread somewhere, when I have more time I'll list things. It's like a Bandit ARF with elevator power. Easy to set up compared to the Classic Flash

Dave
Old 04-20-2011, 10:49 AM
ricardinho

sorry dave thought it was similar...
Old 04-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Dave Wilshere

Pat

Nothing to be sorry about! One of the main reasons for the Ultra Flash and Lightning was to reduce nose weight needs. Worked great[8D]

Dave
Old 04-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Flew my UF today for the first time. Behaves wonderfull, a real blast to land. I had a classic flash up until know (sold it a few days back), the UF went together in preciesly 4 days, used ProLynx gears, Behotec C36/2 and a P160SX for the push (came from my classic Flash), and Graupner DES 707 servos on all surfaces.

One happy owner:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fd91640.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	301.7 KB
ID:	1596819  
Old 04-21-2011, 04:11 AM
Mavrik!

ORIGINAL: Jim Cattanach

Now that the Ultra Flash has been out for some time, can I get some opinions on what points it is better than the classic Flash. I like my classic Flash, now that it is set up just right. It took me a while to get it just right. Small variations made it either a dog, or a dream to fly.
I am thinking of getting the Ultra Flash, if it has any improvements over the old one.
What things did you tweak to make it sweet?

Mav
Old 04-24-2011, 01:22 PM
gooseF22

Question:
Im putting the gear in my tbird UF wing today.. The cups that go under the struts, the ones that we have to cut up to fit... Are they really necessary or having that opening exposed ok? I have flown my rookie open like that many times..

I also didn't want to mess with the gear doors because of the trailing links, unless anyone has a good way of mounting the outer doors on the trailing link struts...

If so post pics plz...
Old 04-24-2011, 01:25 PM
dubd

Goose, I removed the cups and I am not using the outer doors. Using the cups + trailing link struts are a PITA!
Old 04-24-2011, 01:26 PM
gooseF22

Dave, I saw that you didnt install the cups under the struts either? looking back... no issues? looks good..
Old 04-24-2011, 01:53 PM
Dave Wilshere

No, still on the bench! Intended to fit them, but no issues at all.

Dave
Old 04-24-2011, 02:13 PM
dubd

I had my struts stick because of the cups twice! I ripped them out and will never use them again. I am using Pro-Link struts, so I assume it would be fine with the CARF gear.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Dave Wilshere

The secret is trimming the lip on both the wing and cup to a minimum. This opens the area to the maximum.
There are UF models flying with the cups and they are fine.
Had a couple of flights with mine yesterday and its one of those models that make you smile! For me its a near perfect sports jet, I can't think of anything I don't like about the way it flies.

Dw

Old 04-24-2011, 06:25 PM
gooseF22

ok, cups and doors are gone.... PITA I think... that will speed up the install..

fitted both mounts tonight.. plumbing tomorrow, then to the servo mounts. Looks like I have to do the over and under thing too.

Hopefully can finish wing this week and then get on the tail next week. I only have a couple hours a day to work on it..

getting excited....

Anyone need a Tbird classic Flash wing/tail?
Old 04-24-2011, 06:26 PM
gooseF22

ORIGINAL: dubd

I had my struts stick because of the cups twice! I ripped them out and will never use them again. I am using Pro-Link struts, so I assume it would be fine with the CARF gear.
Running Dreamworks Boomerang ELAN Gear.... third jet they have been in... still holding up..
Old 04-24-2011, 09:51 PM
dubd

ORIGINAL: Dave Wilshere

The secret is trimming the lip on both the wing and cup to a minimum. This opens the area to the maximum.
There are UF models flying with the cups and they are fine.
Had a couple of flights with mine yesterday and its one of those models that make you smile! For me its a near perfect sports jet, I can't think of anything I don't like about the way it flies.

Dw

Dave, I agree with you. The UF is fantastic. I like it more than my old Bandit ARF. Regarding the gear and cups... I think my issue is with the Dreamworks struts, not the cups themselves. There is a bolt on the strut that rubs on the cup and that has caused it to stick. I wish I had gone with the CARF gear on this plane. Regardless, I love flying it.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:03 AM
Jim Cattanach

ORIGINAL: Mavrik!

ORIGINAL: Jim Cattanach

What things did you tweak to make it sweet?

Mav
Hi Mav. Most of my problems were landing issues. I found it took some time to get the right combination of C of G, flap settings & expo. It was critical to get each setting just right. The one major help in landing, was the addition of 8mm of crow when landing with flaps. It is now rock steady & easy to land.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.