Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Low flyover

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Low flyover

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Kriptonic69
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Low flyover

If it's not a a low fly by, then what the hell is it, Illegal???? That's the way it should be done, Low.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:44 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No way Jose, go Blue Angels, any day of the week
Old 12-13-2010, 02:51 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigplumbs

Clever or Stupid............. Interesting question. One thing I know the Red Arrows can knock spots off anything the US can put in the air. Oh and with less than half the power under their seat

Look out now I have said it

Dennis
Hey look who's back from moderated status!!!
Dude you just got back and you want another preferred platinum ticket to moderation?

Chill out. Red Arrows are great, so are snowbirds, Frecce Tricolori and Blue Angels. They all work their esses off to entertain us.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Pat Barnes

ORIGINAL: RBardin

Vincent, Rufter, Pat

C'mon, really? When was the last Staduim flyover crash? You guys for banning everything that has some elment of danger? I don't think technology would be where it is today if we banned everything that had risks. Airshows have been associated with risk both for the participants and spectators since inception - its a part of the draw. Attend or don't.

I will concede that a football game is not an airshow, and that many of the attendees had no knowlege that they would be treated to a flyover. But they're usually shouting wildly with enthusiasm after it occurs. I'm usually looking skyward trying to figure out where they'll come over by ''O'er the land of the free...''

The mission of a fly over is to show off. If it bothers you guys so much, stay home and play with your dollies.
I enjoy a good flypast as much as the next guy. It's all about degree. Some of the examples posted here are way worse than others, and the level of disciplinary action taken will reflect the level of foolishness demonstrated by the pilot. The original example was not too serious relative to some of the others shown - if indeed it was authorised for min 1000', it shows poor judgement by the pilots. If, however, it was properly authed for 300' then the only criticism I have is of the formation, which was not great! There is a saying: 'A superior pilot uses his superior judgement to avoid those situations where he may need his superior flying skills!'

PS - I hope you've enjoyed watching all those flypasts as they went over! I've certainly enjoyed doing my share of them whilst looking down from the jet, and my 'judgement' may not always have been perfect , but I learnt my lessons!
Old 12-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Gooseman240

Wow, some one stated snowbirds, now I am impressed with you yanks!!

I managed to see the TB's at the last Cold Lake airshow, wow. Even though I am not american, it gave me the goosebumps seeing their routine.

I miss a good style airshow, they have been pretty tame here in Canada since 9/11. I think it is all due to us fighting in a war right now. Hopefully cold lake will be back soon.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:58 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

LOL!

The Reds fly a trainer...a little putt putt jet. The U.S. teams fly front line fighters...real machines...super sonic lead slingers.

Maybe one day the Reds will graduate to real jets....but then they do...they will have to buy 'em from us!

Beave [sm=lol.gif]

Clever or Stupid............. Interesting question. One thing I know the Red Arrows can knock spots off anything the US can put in the air. Oh and with less than half the power under their seat

Dennis
Old 12-13-2010, 04:12 PM
jetspud

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I need to start attending collage games...

David
Old 12-13-2010, 04:24 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: bevar

LOL!

The Reds fly a trainer...a little putt putt jet. The U.S. teams fly front line fighters...real machines...super sonic lead slingers.

Maybe one day the Reds will graduate to real jets....but then they do...they will have to buy 'em from us!

Beave [sm=lol.gif]

Dennis
Don't feed it!

Old 12-13-2010, 04:44 PM
skyhawknut
My Feedback: (3)

One thing I know the Red Arrows can knock spots off anything the US can put in the air. Oh and with less than half the power under their seat
Yea - And the snowbirds put on an even better show with 1/3rd the power of the Red Arrows!!
Old 12-13-2010, 04:44 PM
FILE IFR

Drivin' T-45'?
Those Ace fledglings gotta start somewhere.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15989.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	1533854  
Old 12-13-2010, 04:50 PM
wamcoair

10 4
Old 12-13-2010, 04:57 PM
bevar

You said it "gotta start somewhere"...but they move on to big jets...fast jets...real fighters...not staying in Grannie's Sunday morning church runner!

Cheers,

Beave

ORIGINAL: FILE IFR

Drivin' T-45'?
Those Ace fledglings gotta start somewhere.

Name:	Om33121.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1533860   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92354.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	1533861   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va70836.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	1533862  
Old 12-13-2010, 05:08 PM
FILE IFR

You said it ''gotta start somewhere''...but they move on to big jets...fast jets...real fighters...
True Beave.

Factoid: Low Fly-by's have been going on for millions of years....

Quist, you've earned this attachment.

Name:	Qo38868.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	1533876  
Old 12-13-2010, 05:37 PM
rcguy59
My Feedback: (8)

When your nearest adversary is French, then "Grannie's Sunday morning church runner" is probably all you need.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Randy M.
My Feedback: (38)

3-2-1..... moved to full scale forum........
Old 12-13-2010, 06:33 PM
speed is life

Truth isthe O-6 or O-7 doing the chewing and firingwas likely NEVER very good at being a "young buck", just good at covering his ***** and being a good "Staff Officer". Pa Tooie......

[quote]
RBardin -.......and the guys chewing them out were young bucks once too. ...........
[quote]
Old 12-13-2010, 07:12 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Anyone see the C17 video from Alaska? That's why we have rules on how to do airshows. Oh yeah, lets not forget the B52 at Fairchild, the F16 that crashed on his father-in-law's farm, there was an A10 pilot who crashed at his parents "lawn party airshow" several years back ,bet that made a lasting impression on all the guests. One screw up and you have a smokin hole at the 50 yard line...wont be pretty.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:36 PM
bevar

Don't forget the Nashville F-14 that crashed on takeoff into a neighborhood, killing 5 people, including a baby. The pilots last words to his parents prior to takeoff was "hey...make sure to watch me takeoff".

The T-Bird at Mountain home...

The Blue at Cherry Point...

The Tucano in Brazil...

The Red Arrow mid air in March...just to name a few...

There are times...and there are places...but it is never when you put civilians at risk just to do a demo.

Beave

Old 12-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

If all the nay sayer's had their way Tex Johnson would have been fired from Boeing and the 707 airliner/KC-135 tanker would have been disregarded. If we applied today to years ago, we would have never broke the sound barrier or gone to the moon when we did.

Oh well, those were the days before everyone else knew what was better for someone else.

There are some old videos of the Thunderbirds flying so low over the crowd that the ones that did not hit the deck were knocked off of their feet.

Of course...that was also when parents gave kids shotguns and pocket knives as presents for Christmas (which is OK by me).

Beave
+1 Beave
Old 12-13-2010, 10:53 PM
Stevem9

ORIGINAL: DocYates

I saw one on Youtude of the TCU and Navy game, that flyby was off the hook, and defintely lower than the booth. I still see no reason to ground them, they were doing what was asked of them. Who wants to see a flyby at a 1000' feet anyways?

exactly 1000ft is called a fly "over"
Old 12-13-2010, 11:06 PM
ss40

Just what would the rah rah!'s say when the news states "100 teenagers badly burned, 50 killed" by Navy flyover or whatever. Just take a look at the recent Alberta Canada high alpha with one engine out result. Yeah! Nothing can go wrong. Nothing can go wrong....nothing....
Old 12-14-2010, 12:20 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

LOL!

Beave [sm=lol.gif]

Dennis

I am glad you got my point that the Red Arrows do all they do without all that power.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:51 AM
Sport_Pilot

If it's not a a low fly by, then what the hell is it, Illegal????
Exactly that! Illegal, as it should be.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:58 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In a populated area, I doubt that an extra 700 ft is going to make that much difference. People are going to be in danger... Maybe they should make it a mandatory 10000ft??? That should keep everyone safe...
Old 12-14-2010, 06:09 AM
Skymac
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: jonkoppisch

In a populated area, I doubt that an extra 700 ft is going to make that much difference. People are going to be in danger... Maybe they should make it a mandatory 10000ft??? That should keep everyone safe...

Exactly....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.